• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I finally dug into DBNE with 57 tickets and bought 60 with gold. Ended up with almost 3x of every Gold card (missing <10, but pulling 6x!!! of two different ones), but god my legendaries were bad. I hit 14, which is pretty much average and I was lucky enough to get 2x Ramina and 1x Aria, but the rest of them were all meme-tier legendaries. More Marduks and Unembodied Witches than I can count haha.

mathematics

Oct 25, 2017
I had 17 tickets saved up. Only Runie for a leggo which I didn't have before so at least I have an emblem.

Which leaders are era users voting for?

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I finally dug into DBNE with 57 tickets and bought 60 with gold. Ended up with almost 3x of every Gold card (missing <10, but pulling 6x!!! of two different ones), but god my legendaries were bad. I hit 14, which is pretty much average and I was lucky enough to get 2x Ramina and 1x Aria, but the rest of them were all meme-tier legendaries. More Marduks and Unembodied Witches than I can count haha.
I've opened 102 DBNE packs since the start, and I haven't gotten a single leader card D=

Only leg I got of the 12 packs I opened today was Hinterland Ghoul.

My collection as it currently stands

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I've opened 102 DBNE packs since the start, and I haven't gotten a single leader card D=

Only leg I got of the 12 packs I opened today was Hinterland Ghoul.

My collection as it currently stands
Yeah, I've just accepted I'll never open an Albert leader what can you do?

I've stopped spreadsheeting my collection back in SFL because it became clear to me that with the transition of 2 legendaries (now 3!!) per craft + portal meant I realistically will never have a full collection as F2P. Instead, I make sure I continue to have a positive vial income over sets and constrain my deck building to affordable decks based on my pulls + minimal crafting.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I dropped my Group B 5-0 to the spiciest of odds. Portalcraft opp Turn 1 Metaproduction -> Turn 2 Accel + topdecked artifact + Metaproduction -> Turn 3 topdecked Artifact. Then, when we were both about 4hp on Turn 7, he plays Miriam, shuffles a Radiant into his deck, suicides an artifact, topdecks Radiant (1/30+ chance) and storms me to win. Not gonna lie, first time I've been salty at this game in a while.

mathematics

Oct 25, 2017
Is puppet portal better in this meta? Can't break into A3 with current meta (artifact portal main).

I avoided vial-ing for Insect Lord/forest for so long. Spent vials already for PDK but still missing some cards for optimal deck. I think I'm closer to aggro/mid forest

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh, thanks for the heads up. 50 regular packs, and a guaranteed legendary pack. Cygames never fails to impress!

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Another two free DBNE packs, and three free GP tickets
Take Two GP also started.

mathematics

Oct 25, 2017
Going to try to stay in group B. I would need crazy luck anyways to get in A. And more Brigade tickets sound better to me

mathematics

Oct 25, 2017
Should be 50 packs to start with. 10 each from the current five sets in rotation format.

Then another 5 each from the current login bonus. Not sure if new players would be able to get the "legendary" pack that they just gave out.

The current Grand Prix (think online tournament) is going on. Might be difficult at this time, but one free entry a day provides more rewards. One pack if you get one win (out of five).

Basically: a really good time to start

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ceridwen is getting nerfed.
Eachtar and Magic Illusionist are being reverted to their original stats as they move to Unlimited only.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Another mini-expansion ugh. I've definitely spent almost 1k hrs on this game since DE, but really not sure if I want to stay with it if 3 legs/class + mini-exps are the norm, which seems to be the case.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Another mini-expansion ugh. I've definitely spent almost 1k hrs on this game since DE, but really not sure if I want to stay with it if 3 legs/class + mini-exps are the norm, which seems to be the case.
At this point just craft the stuff you need and save up for when the real version of the packs come out after cracking a bit to get started.

I opened about 50 packs got the portal legendary and the portal legendary with the skin.

I'm sitting on 85k vials so I'll just craft the few things I need from here

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Finally started playing this after downloading it when I saw Granblue cards were in.

I'm as overwhelmed as I can be.

I've spent some 40 minutes opening all of the free packs I had (cool animations), but now I have no idea of what to do. How do I even start building a custom deck? Should I just beat all the story missions with the standard decks first?

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Finally started playing this after downloading it when I saw Granblue cards were in.

I'm as overwhelmed as I can be.

I've spent some 40 minutes opening all of the free packs I had (cool animations), but now I have no idea of what to do. How do I even start building a custom deck? Should I just beat all the story missions with the standard decks first?
Yeah clearing the story stuff first is a good idea typically just to get the hang of things, from there making a deck to climb ranked for a bit and get some more gold is the next step.

Id sugest checking out some net decks to get an idea of how stuff plays (this is a bit out of date now because of the shift with the new set but still gives you a strong idea)

check out some youtube vids too and others here will gladly help with other things :P

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Opened 30 packs
Latham in pack 2
Lococo in pack 5
Vira & Latham in pack 7
Purson in pack 9
Ferry in pack 12
Arulyumya in pack 14

So my first half of packs was pretty generous with legs, lol
Second half not so much, but I got a few packs of like 3-4 golds.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
... So I only JUST realized that you can enter the Treasure Trove up to six times a day o_o

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This deck is really fun. I'm glad Lion Crystal got support this set. I hope the mid expansion legendary is for it.
MavLmlA.jpg

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
After months of hiatus, I'm back playing Shadowverse again. Naturally I was behind on the meta. So, as an exclusive forestcraft player anyway, I liquefied all of my non forestcraft cards to gain vials to catch up to latest forestcraft decks.

Am I screwed on story campaign? I forgot you need to clear all other faction story campaigns and all I got are stock decks? Hmm...

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
After months of hiatus, I'm back playing Shadowverse again. Naturally I was behind on the meta. So, as an exclusive forestcraft player anyway, I liquefied all of my non forestcraft cards to gain vials to catch up to latest forestcraft decks.

Am I screwed on story campaign? I forgot you need to clear all other faction story campaigns and all I got are stock decks? Hmm...
I haven't even clear my portal campaign yet

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
You can always play unlimited, mid shadow is OP af

Sounds degenerate. Can't imagine what that deck looks like with all its tools from all sets.

Am I screwed on story campaign? I forgot you need to clear all other faction storycampaigns and all I got are stock decks? Hmm...

...You could've just ran aggro Forest which is cheap af lol.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I just tried out this game over the weekend. Seems pretty interesting so far, though I don't think I've wrapped my head around most of the playstyles. I spent a lot of time rerolling over and over for some no-commitment gacha pulling fun to see if I would get anything good.

So far I've tried out Forest, Sword and Haven, but I think I still like Forest most (though maybe I should spend more time figuring out sword). I like the way you can spam cards and make cheap units way better than they normally are. Haven't tried out the other styles yet, though I don't know what's good for me. I got a few animated legendaries in my latest reroll, so I melted down a bunch of them and made a few Forest legendaries that seemed interesting to me, and have been playing through the story with it. Now that I have a better idea of how Forest cards work, I might go back and reroll again.

I just checked out the manasurge site linked earlier on this page, and realized that the deck I've been using has almost nothing in common with the top tier decks there lol.

I'm pretty lost, but having fun so far.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just tried out this game over the weekend. Seems pretty interesting so far, though I don't think I've wrapped my head around most of the playstyles. I spent a lot of time rerolling over and over for some no-commitment gacha pulling fun to see if I would get anything good.

So far I've tried out Forest, Sword and Haven, but I think I still like Forest most (though maybe I should spend more time figuring out sword). I like the way you can spam cards and make cheap units way better than they normally are. Haven't tried out the other styles yet, though I don't know what's good for me. I got a few animated legendaries in my latest reroll, so I melted down a bunch of them and made a few Forest legendaries that seemed interesting to me, and have been playing through the story with it. Now that I have a better idea of how Forest cards work, I might go back and reroll again.

I just checked out the manasurge site linked earlier on this page, and realized that the deck I've been using has almost nothing in common with the top tier decks there lol.

I'm pretty lost, but having fun so far.
Just take your time and enjoy the game, but dont craft stuff outside of meta atm specially as you are learning.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. I had a decent pull with a few swordcraft legendaries today, so I'm gonna spend some time toying with that before probably rerolling again.

I just learned that there are leaders (those animated characters on your portrait?) that you can only get from pulling certain special legendaries. Is there a site that gives the math on the chances of pulling one? Or a list of leaders that can be pulled this way?

I keep searching, but it seems that info on this game is generally a bit lacking. The gamepress wiki looks outdated.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.

I just learned that there are leaders (those animated characters on your portrait?) that you can only get from pulling certain special legendaries. Is there a site that gives the math on the chances of pulling one? I keep searching, but it seems that info on this game is generally a bit lacking. The gamepress wiki looks outdated.

Regarding leader cards (I need to update the OP a bit bit, but these are the general draw chance)
¹Can only be obtained at a 0.03% chance by opening a Starforged Legends booster pack.
²Can only be obtained at a 0.02% chance by opening a ChronoGenesis booster pack.
³Can only be obtained at a 0.03% chance by opening a Dawnbreak Nightedge booster pack.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding leader cards (I need to update the OP a bit bit, but these are the general draw chance)
¹Can only be obtained at a 0.03% chance by opening a Starforged Legends booster pack.
²Can only be obtained at a 0.02% chance by opening a ChronoGenesis booster pack.
³Can only be obtained at a 0.03% chance by opening a Dawnbreak Nightedge booster pack.
Oooof. Those are some odds.

And according to this post, that translates to about 289 packs for a 50% chance to get a specific 0.03% leader card. Damn.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowvers...ake_on_average_418_pack_to_open_daria/dnnmlkh

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, yep.
I never managed to pull a DBNE leader for instance in all the packs I opened.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I did a bunch of rerolls yesterday and got very lucky with leaders for a few of them, but sadly none of them were the leaders I wanted.

Got Albert twice. Twice!

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could get Albert once, lol

Anywho, within a week of the new 17 BotS cards release.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
All the ads atEvo for this got to me. Game is great and works well on mobile so my lunchtime ccg itch can be scratched.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
DBNE banner is barely giving me any legendaries on reroll, much less a leader.

I do like this game so far though. I'm having fun even without top tier decks.

Are there any resources for how to start with a budget deck and how to work your way up?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Rerolled until I got the Aria leader, which took forever but I'm happy with it. Too bad it came with pretty shitty cards, though.

I'm trying out a budget aggro forest deck that I found online and uh... this is really freaking strong. It's almost unfair to be able to start hitting your opponent with a table full of boosted fairies by like turn 4.

OP
OP
Luigi87

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The next Shadowverse expansion: Omen of the Ten

Let the trials begin in Shadowverse's 10th card set: Omen of the Ten. This set of 114 cards will launch at the end of September with 97 initial cards, plus 2 new leader cards and an additional 17 cards (a new gold card for all nine classes and a new legendary card for all classes with the exception of Neutral) coming in the second half of November.

The titular Omen of the Ten are also 10 legendary cards newly introduced in the world of Shadowverse. Now prepare yourself to endure the trials of the Ten!

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Aww, the new expansion will kick out Wood of Brambles and Fairy Driver from rotation. RIP my current aggro forest deck :(

I hope there will be some actually interesting new cards for forest and less meme...