• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully. My fear is that he paid back his professor so he doesn't owe it to him to stay sober anymore

It could be that. I think the guy at the bike shop should be able to help prevent that. And I guess Eddie at the front counter of the shop will be his new romantic focus (that he can't get).

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully. My fear is that he paid back his professor so he doesn't owe it to him to stay sober anymore
oh shit. that could be the reason... damn.
I took it as an honest "thank you." like Lip from last season would have totally taken that money and went to a bar and got loaded.
there was that line from his sponsor earlier in the episode where he was like "you should stay away from her. otherwise you're going to get into a fight, get angry, and go drink." and there were those few seconds of tension after Lip left her house where you're thinking "well here we go...." but it doesn't happen
...but this is the kind of show where they build characters up just to break them down. who knows. I'm really interested to see where the writers take it. I just don't know how interesting another relapse/massive fuck up could be anymore.

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow. the last couple of years they've waited till after the season ended to renew it. I guess the premier ratings were good.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
wow. the last couple of years they've waited till after the season ended to renew it. I guess the premier ratings were good.

Yep. They were very good. I think they had a substantial increase over the premiere of season 7. I'm also surprised to see it renewed so early since it seemed to close to the wire last time. But that might have just been because of contract negotiations?

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
+ member of society Frank is great
+ Kev's t-shirts were great
+ the Liam and his friend storyline
+ seems like the Lip + Sierra thing is actually over. finally.
- Debbie's storyline
- the impending fifth breakdown from Ian

really liking this season so far

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
another season. This show deserves so much goddamn success. continues to be a complete shame it doesn't happen.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Place your bets on when Frank goes back to being Frank. I mean, he almost died and got a new liver and still went back to being the asshole he always is.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Place your bets on when Frank goes back to being Frank. I mean, he almost died and got a new liver and still went back to being the asshole he always is.

I've been trying to guess what would lead to it but haven't seen anything. It would be hilarious if he was just a completely normal, productive person for the entire season. Maybe he'll meet a new Monica type of woman that set him off his path and turns him into the old Frank again.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Deb really has turned to a complete piece of shit these past few seasons.
Yeah, it really shows if you have watched any of the earlier seasons when Showtime had the marathon. For me, I used to hate Carl but they have made him pretty decent the past few seasons.
Sorry but the hard K no longer resonates around here. It's the year of Saint Francis, he who shall lead the wayward Gallagher family back into the light.
Loving Franks story line until they bring back old Frank.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I thought for sure that Nessa's girlfriend was going to go in for a kiss when Fiona was staring her down. Was surprised they didn't go that route

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Really sad this show isn't more popular on ERA. This past Sundays episode was one of the best of the series. The phone call with Kevin was spectacular, he's just such a lovable guy.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
This episode wasn't that great to me other than Kev and Vs bits. And that's only because I found the whole "they are so nice and racist" hilarious (because it's been true from my experience).

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Props to person who called the Lip/biker lady sex. She might be a problem though, given her violent tendencies. I am enjoying this Frank before they revert him back. Any guesses on what does it? It's always women, right? One of the PTA mom's will use Frank and have sex with him and then dump him later? I did get a laugh out of that random woman going after her husband with a shoe after Fiona thought she was her ex's wife.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I think they waited a bit last yera because they were still renewing some actor's contract. Emmy Rossum I think wanted more than usual, so they probably had to deal with that before renewing the series.
Anyway, I can see this show going for two seasons more tops. It's still unbelievably good for how old it is imho, especially being a Showtime series, but the plotlines are starting to blur all together. It's still very fun to watch, but I'm starting to lose the trail.

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- so the new tenant in Fiona's building is going to exploit the "utilities included" and use an insane amount of electricity doing whatever he's doing and cost her a ton of money
- there had to be a legit reason they brought Sean back. maybe that'll be the catalyst for Fiona to be like I'm done with men for good and hook up with that lesbian tennant
- Lip and whatsherface hooking up was inevitable. the drama there will probably come from one of them wanting it to be something more than no strings attached. I
- the Kevin in Kentucky stuff was fun but I hope it doesn't go on for more than one or two more episodes. he felt betrayed by his parents, but when his brother or cousin or whoever said "you're the one who got out, Bart" or something, that pretty much wrapped up this storyline imo. he has a better life than being some nutty redneck, and he should get back to chicago.
- the actress who plays Svetlana's name is in the opening credits, aka she's a main cast member who should be getting a lot of screen time. her relationship with V and Kev is great. get back to that.

I am enjoying this Frank before they revert him back. Any guesses on what does it? It's always women, right? One of the PTA mom's will use Frank and have sex with him and then dump him later?
for some reason, I think they're going to keep the character like this. like, in Frank's mind, he actually does get a fresh start because Monica died. I think the show has a lot more to gain from having member-of-society Frank than it does having drug-binge Frank.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I hope sober, man of god Frank stays. This is a welcome change insted of the random chaos that was old Frank. We had that for 7 seasons, this new thing is a breathe of fresh air and probably a lot more fun to write after so long.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I hope sober, man of god Frank stays. This is a welcome change insted of the random chaos that was old Frank. We had that for 7 seasons, this new thing is a breathe of fresh air and probably a lot more fun to write after so long.

Yeah I'm also enjoying the new Frank quite a bit and hope he stays.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

agreed. he's still a scoundrel, but he's an interesting one now.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I admit that Shameless requires suspension of disbelieve sometimes. We are supposed to believe that Carl got like $8000 driving Uber for like one night? Another question is that is this supposed to be Summer? Liam seems to be in school, but Carl is not and needs to get the tuition for military school. I suppose Liam could be in summer school? Lip story line drives me crazy. I get that he got kicked out of his college, but he could always go to community college or something and then transfer to another school . He's not banned from all schools.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I admit that Shameless requires suspension of disbelieve sometimes. We are supposed to believe that Carl got like $8000 driving Uber for like one night? Another question is that is this supposed to be Summer? Liam seems to be in school, but Carl is not and needs to get the tuition for military school. I suppose Liam could be in summer school? Lip story line drives me crazy. I get that he got kicked out of his college, but he could always go to community college or something and then transfer to another school . He's not banned from all schools.
He has a bunch of people to sober up lined up, regarding Carl. Easy money and cheaper than a clinic. Should be set in less than 3 weeks, including his side gigs. Lip is like Frank, comfy, addicted, impulsive, but young and possibly can get ahead of himself. He's always pushing and pulling with himself + he just got sober. Shit ain't easy.
They're always comparing Frank + Lip, however subtle. That's my take anyway. Was just happy for the boobs this ep. :)

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
too much dump crap in this last episode
and this show would be so much better without Ian
yawn
next episode looks good tho

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- so the professor's back, and clean, after telling lip to fuck off and let him die two or three episodes ago? did I miss something?
- the shit with Kevin at the cafe was funny. and that scene with him and V "I'm yours to command. tell me how to dominate you"
- I don't get or like the constant hinting at Lip wanting to be a father
- the Ian vs Fiona shit is dumb.
- Brad's gonna be dead in the next episode or two. I wonder what'll happen with the bike shop

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I was bracing myself for Ian to say he's got a fatal disease or something on that bedroom scene which is why he was so focused on this shelter thing.

Debbie's plot was great. Lips storyline feels better now that the professor has been cut as loose baggage and I'm glad Frank found a new job. He slipped a bit and from that preview last week he sounded like he was 20 minutes away from walking down the street with a tiki torch. So I'm very glad about the direction that one went.

Not sure where the Carl story is going. Hopefully he's still going to military school next week.

Key and V continue to be the stars of their own adult sitcom I really want to exist. 30 minute episodes, slice of life comedy. Let's do it.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Slowly catching up with this season, there is no way Debbie's situation isn't going to crash. Curious to see where they are going with Lip and Fiona, Ian is just awful as usual at this point.

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
everyone's going to crash. it's Shameless.
I've been keeping up, but I'm pretty bored of all the storylines. hopefully it all comes together at the end. the last episode or two are always the best

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I must admit, I hate-watch this show for the most part. (Spoilers Ahead)

- Fiona is just an arrogant twit at this point who assumes every man in the room wants her by default. I was rather enjoying the Irishman rejecting her for all the right reasons but of course, he's got to be ensnared by her charms eventually.

- Deb is an idiot and this latest arc with her stealing bricks of weed is so fucking stupid. The only way they could satisfactorily conclude her antics is if she ends up dissolving in a barrel of acid after a cartel catches her.

- Frank punching out that little girl was…not even remotely funny. I have an incredibly high threshold for fiction but that genuinely made me uneasy. Frank turning back into an utter shit is also predictable and boring.

- Veronica and Kevin being guilted by Svetlana made zero sense. She has been horrible to them and basically stole their business right out from under them.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I must admit, I hate-watch this show for the most part. (Spoilers Ahead)

- Fiona is just an arrogant twit at this point who assumes every man in the room wants her by default. I was rather enjoying the Irishman rejecting her for all the right reasons but of course, he's got to be ensnared by her charms eventually.

- Deb is an idiot and this latest arc with her stealing bricks of weed is so fucking stupid. The only way they could satisfactorily conclude her antics is if she ends up dissolving in a barrel of acid after a cartel catches her.

- Frank punching out that little girl was…not even remotely funny. I have an incredibly high threshold for fiction but that genuinely made me uneasy. Frank turning back into an utter shit is also predictable and boring.

- Veronica and Kevin being guilted by Svetlana made zero sense. She has been horrible to them and basically stole their business right out from under them.

Sounds like you are really tired of the formula since the paths they are taking seem pretty natural for the show at this point. But its definitely a fair thing since the show is 8 seasons in. It could understandably get old at this point

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like you are really tired of the formula since the paths they are taking seem pretty natural for the show at this point. But its definitely a fair thing since the show is 8 seasons in. It could understandably get old at this point

Yeah, you may be right. I guess I keep foolishly hoping they'll get their collective shit together. It's a talented cast of people but the characters they play are mostly vile.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you may be right. I guess I keep foolishly hoping they'll get their collective shit together. It's a talented cast of people but the characters they play are mostly vile.

I think Lip and Fiona have been the two closest to getting their shit together and living their lives well but now it seems like Liam is the only one and that is just cause his life entails just going to school. I'd assume that getting their shit together would be a final season kind of thing but given the nature of the show I would not be shocked at all if something changes or screws some/all of them over into living terribly again.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Episode 4

Debbie just went back to square one. Am I suppose to root for Ian and the other dude? Because they have like negative chemistry at this point.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017

Looks like they are pitting up Ian against Fiona. I guess the Gallagher's household could use some conflict. It's a shame Ian is such a weak character.

Ugh, Svetlana and V. At least the show acknowledged how messed up that was.

I was afraid they were going to reset Carl back to zero, but it looks like it's not the case. And the story's ending was sorta sweet in a disturbing kind of way lol.

Debbie +drugs + Derek return= They'll try to take Franny away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol I forgot they brought derek back for a minute. this season sure has been dumb.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017

Dumb episode. V isn't bi(curious) because she likes to be dominated and isn't attracted to Fiona? What? Her attraction to Svetlana was never purely sexual and clearly also based on romantic love. And it's like the writers completely forgot Kevin worked in a gay bar.

Also, there was some really shitty acting by Cameron Monaghan. I don't know if he was always this bad or I'm noticing it more now that Mickey isn't in the scene anymore.

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, there was some really shitty acting by Cameron Monaghan. I don't know if he was always this bad or I'm noticing it more now that Mickey isn't in the scene anymore.

he's not that great of an actor and the show is trying to make him the most complex character anyways.

this season has kinda been trash. I'm not liking any of the storylines. Fiona's whole arc is so unrealistic to me that it's throwing me off. Debbie had never been a great character and making her Frank light wasn't a good idea. Lip just seems to be there like they don't know what to do with him and they just keep seeing what sticks: he's smart, he's going to college, he's fucking a professor, he's an alcoholic, he gets clean super quickly and that gets forgotten about, etc.

The change in Frank and Carl have been entertaining, though. I'll watch a Frank/Liam spinoff