• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if the show was just Fiona/Lip/Frank/Liam i'd be fine. the Fiona and Lip storylines going now aren't remarkable by any means, but those are the two most fleshed out characters and their storylines have been the most interesting this season... which is kind of saying a lot.
I really liked the Liam stuff at the beginning of the season. that had legs. but nope, gone after like 3 episodes.

edit: oh, and Carl. I like what they're doing with Carl. at the end of the day it's the same thing they're going to do, and always end up inevitably doing with Fiona and Lip, he'll get so close to getting his shit together for real and then just go back to being a Gallagher. but he's a fun character to watch.

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if the show was just Fiona/Lip/Frank/Liam i'd be fine. the Fiona and Lip storylines going now aren't remarkable by any means, but those are the two most fleshed out characters and their storylines have been the most interesting this season... which is kind of saying a lot.
I really liked the Liam stuff at the beginning of the season. that had legs. but nope, gone after like 3 episodes.

I like lip but I'm so bored with this arc. What was the whole alcoholic thing about when that hasn't been an issue since the college incidents?

I was thinking it would play a larger role but he seeming to be handling it all extremely well. No drinks after his sponsor ran out or after the professor got convicted so idk.

Fiona is GOAT. As long as she doesn't get involved with the architect

Klean

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I wonder if this Ian preacher storyline is going to have any payoff, because right now it's just dumb. It seemed like he has something going on that he didn't tell Fiona about...

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this Ian preacher storyline is going to have any payoff, because right now it's just dumb. It seemed like he has something going on that he didn't tell Fiona about...

I'm feeling the same. I have no idea where they are taking this storyline at all. But it feels like it should be connected to whatever news he withheld from Fiona.

Fiona is GOAT. As long as she doesn't get involved with the architect

She has to. He is the guy for this season so she'll get involved and he'll probably be gone by the end of the season or a few episodes into the next.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017

Ian's story could be interesting... with another character... with other writers... honestly, I just lost all hope in Ian.

Ford is going to be just another name in Fiona's long list of boring ass love interests.

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
I just want a side show with Frank and Kev's adventures. I don't care about anyone else on this show anymore.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda feel like they should have brought Jimmy back for Fiona. He's the only person that was perfect for her. Freaking Carl, that's just another Monica.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
All of Ian's storylines are dumb and it's weird how his character adopted some of Mickey's speech patterns.

Kev remains the best Shameless character.

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew the second Lip walked into the prison he was going to find out Youins (sp?) was dead. I figured he was gonna relapse. glad he didn't. his scenes were the best of the episode.
Frank making those t-shirts really feels like a meta commentary, one of the writers saying how stupid this Ian storyline is.
Fiona's boring now. like really boring.
the Debbie storyline actually feels like it might get interesting for am minute.
the Carl stuff is dumb but I kind of like it.
the Svetlana stuff is just dumb. "the buzzard is in the tuba." it feels like they're setting up writing her off the show.

i'm looking forward to this wrapping up.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the whole noose scene got the biggest laugh out of me in the most recent episode. She's pretty damn amusing.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
This show is really good... my fiancee started watching and I kinda caught on as she was working her way through the seasons. I've missed chunks here and there but it's always fun/entertaining.

In the last season now on Netflix then we might try to do a Showtime trial to watch season 9.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
As soon Ian resurrected the priest I knew people were going to call him Gay Jesus. Calling it a cult feels a bit of an exaggeration, though that's probably where it is going.

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As soon Ian resurrected the priest I knew people were going to call him Gay Jesus. Calling it a cult feels a bit of an exaggeration, though that's probably where it is going.
it's not going anywhere. the Shameless writers don't know how to keep a plot line going for more than three or four episodes anymore

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, the Debbie stuff was the best part of this episode, and that says a looooooooot

the AVClub article that reviewed this episode is titled "Look, we have no idea what the hell Shameless is doing right now either" lol
I just don't have my bearings with Shameless this season. I don't understand where these stories are headed, I don't understand why many of these stories exist, and I have zero clue how any of this is building to a climax.

and I figured the actress who plays Svetlana was putting on a voice, but I was kinda surprised how... normal her voice is.
just found this on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqXVHm0Uze8

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, Fiona really loves that dog.

yeah, the Debbie stuff was the best part of this episode, and that says a looooooooot

the AVClub article that reviewed this episode is titled "Look, we have no idea what the hell Shameless is doing right now either" lol
I just don't have my bearings with Shameless this season. I don't understand where these stories are headed, I don't understand why many of these stories exist, and I have zero clue how any of this is building to a climax.

and I figured the actress who plays Svetlana was putting on a voice, but I was kinda surprised how... normal her voice is.
just found this on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqXVHm0Uze8

Woah, she's like a complete different person. That's some top tier acting (In Shameless I mean).

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the Debbie scene was great. Frank is the man

Ian's story is unwatchable

The Ian story is really boring. I don't even know what will make it interesting at this point. Is his group going to turn on him or something? His story is the absolute worst.

I'm probably more invested in Liam at this point

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So to recap...

Fiona's being sued... Ian's blowing shit up... Carl's quitting military school for his psychotic wife... Debbie's losing limbs... and Kev and V might be witnesses to another murder.

Yep. The descent has begun.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they've written Sierra off at this point. It seems like we might finally get a return to form for Lip like we got for Fiona these past two seasons.

Tired of Ian's shit. Don't care. He's actually a petty uninteresting character with Mickey not around.

With the prenup I wonder what Slet. is gonna do.

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
time to wait for next season. Debbie has bad luck.
and Lip didn't go back to his old ways so that's good.
holy shit at svetlana plan!
Carl doing the right thing lol

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hope they've written Sierra off at this point. It seems like we might finally get a return to form for Lip like we got for Fiona these past two seasons.

Tired of Ian's shit. Don't care. He's actually a petty uninteresting character with Mickey not around.

With the prenup I wonder what Slet. is gonna do.
Mickey was great.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Extremely lackluster and ho-hum finale. They really ran out of steam this season and I hope they manage to think of something fun for the next one.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I stopped watching around season 6, and noticed problems starting with season 4.
Is Ian still completely uninteresting, especially with no Mickey?
Is Debbie still equally bad?
Have Lip and Fiona's arcs stopped feeling like they're going through boring filler?
Have they ruined Karl, Kev, or V yet?

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped watching around season 6, and noticed problems starting with season 4.
Is Ian still completely uninteresting, especially with no Mickey?
Is Debbie still equally bad?
Have Lip and Fiona's arcs stopped feeling like they're going through boring filler?
Have they ruined Karl, Kev, or V yet?

Debbie and Finoa have gotten much more interesting.

V and Kev have their own plots nowadays that are pretty funny

Lip has been useless for a few seasons but there are signs after the end of this one that he might be getting his shit together like Fiona.

Ian's probably degraded the most. Disappointment.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
This was probably the first season of this show I would call fairly weak. Just not very invested in what was happening and a lot of characters had really weak storylines. They kept Fiona single for quite a while but the new guy is probably the least interesting love interest she's ever had.

Also whatever happened to Kev's Kentucky family?

Deleted member 4353

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the finale. It was really great. Shameless always has great finales with Season 4 being my favorite by far. Best episode of the season so far. Overall a great season with a few low points.

- Fiona is great and has her shit together
- Debbie also has her shit together and isn't awful anymore.
- Lip is improving and i hope he stays that way
- Carl was interesting but made the right choice letting that chick go
- Ian was great and want to see what happens with him
- Loved Liam screwing over Frank lol

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the finale. It was really great. Shameless always has great finales with Season 4 being my favorite by far. Best episode of the season so far. Overall a great season with a few low points.

- Fiona is great and has her shit together
- Debbie also has her shit together and isn't awful anymore.
- Lip is improving and i hope he stays that way
- Carl was interesting but made the right choice letting that chick go
- Ian was great and want to see what happens with him
- Loved Liam screwing over Frank lol

Can I ask what exactly is great about Ian? He is a dick to whoever is around him, thinks he's a god or some shit, has forgotten about his career, relationships, etc. Is generally a prick. I don't really understand.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Can I ask what exactly is great about Ian? He is a dick to whoever is around him, thinks he's a god or some shit, has forgotten about his career, relationships, etc. Is generally a prick. I don't really understand.
it's pretty obvious and was mentioned several times they Ian is probably off of his medication for bipolar disorder that causes manic as well as depressive episodes. It appears in this case to be him in a manic state where he makes erratic choices in behavior so even though he appears to come across as a Dick, he is essentially unmedicated.
I hope they address it in the next season. they have pretty much glossed over what happens with bipolar disorder especially if medication is stopped.

Deleted member 4353

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like he was off his meds. His whole story this season with trying to help the kids was really nice.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like he was off his meds. His whole story this season with trying to help the kids was really nice.

He hasn't really been helping the kids though, he's been being a bitch and getting into fights with Fiona and Trevor when they try to compromise. As Trevor said, he's only in it for himself.

I get he's off his meds but his character is just completely uninteresting to me. The Ian in the UK version was way better.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
what I love about this show is that it's always evolving. It never gives you too much time to get sick of a situation before it moves on to something else.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The finale was a bit of a mess but one scene really stuck out and impressed me:

When Carl is chained to his bed and she's droning on about their future and essentially talking about becoming poor white trash, you see a single tear stream down Carl's cheek because him being in that military academy is all about avoiding that type of life – a life he was basically saddled with as an inevitability when he was born into that family.

Needless to say, I'm glad he made it on the bus.

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that really didn't feel like the finale, but i guess all they wanted to do was wrap up the "are things going to work out for Fiona" stuff

- Ford's still really really really boring
- I thought Ian was gonna come up dead... but he's just gonna start the next season in jail/courts and plead insanity or something? whatever
- Lip is now going to be the guardian of a 12 year old girl? sure. whatever
- i'm glad Carl got away. that's gotta be the last we see of Cassidy, right?
- I like new Liam. but totally missed the point of the sleepwalking
- hearing Svetlana's gone sucks, but Kev and V have become so disconnected from the main show that it really don't matter. they'll still get into more wacky bullshit next season.

The finale was a bit of a mess but one scene really stuck out and impressed me:

When Carl is chained to his bed and she's droning on about their future and essentially talking about becoming poor white trash, you see a single tear stream down Carl's cheek because him being in that military academy is all about avoiding that type of life – a life he was basically saddled with as an inevitability when he was born into that family.

Needless to say, I'm glad he made it on the bus.
yeah. that was good. and a bit earlier in the episode, one of the girls (forgot if it was Fiona or Debbie) jokingly says to Carl, about him as Cassidy, "sounds like true love". and he kind of takes it seriously, but still responds, "yeah, and i think i love her too." great line.