• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
shameless_season_8_poster.jpg

Sundays at 9pm on Showtime. 12 episodes.

starts TONIGHT
this snuck up out of nowhere. totally forgot season 8 was starting, and didn't see an OT. so, here we go.

----

Where we left off at the end of season 7:
- Fiona sold the laundromat, and bought a run down apartment building from a guy who totally didn't fuck her over. Now she's going to be a successful business woman with zero problems and everything's great.
- Monica's dead
- Ian and Mickey reunited for a minute, but then Mickey ran over the border to Mexico
- Svetlana fucked over V and Kevin, and now Kevin's working at that gay bar
- Lip's going to AA meetings after his last relationship went to shit
- Debbie's still with Neil (yawn)

... I think that's about it

edit: oops how do i edit a thread title

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like we're missing a letter.

on another note, I need to watch this show don't I? people keep telling me to

Crayons

Oct 25, 2017
God I am so psyched. Unfortunely I'll be at work when it airs...maybe it'll be on demand?

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fuck, this or the walking dead?
can't wait for this - had no idea it was coming back so soon. debbie's still the worst character, possibly the worst
character in the entire world. Svetlana/Kev/V storyline is the most interesting coming into this season, imo.
is definitely getting ripped off with that property.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Just now noticed it said Shamless haha. Could probably ask a mod to fix if you can't. Will catch the season though my interest has really been waning on it as it's been going on.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That spelling error... ugh, have you no shame? ;)

I binged the last few seasons earlier this year so I'm ready to go. Also, #BringBackMickey.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Recently caught to S6&7 after a 2.5 years of not watching new episodes.
They're both great! Honestly S7 was refreshing when finally Fiona is not in a messy fucked up relationship again.
HATED the Debbie pregnancy storyline in S6, ughh 15 year old pregnant was a low point for the show (although not that different to Karen being pregnant).

I just gotta say how amazing this cast is, they're all fucking professionals and give incredible performances (especially Frank!)

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite show is back! Was wondering when it would be here.

Also was this written/shot after the election? I'm sure it'll include some commentary on 2016...

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite show is back! Was wondering when it would be here.

Also was this written/shot after the election? I'm sure it'll include some commentary on 2016...
yeah, it had to be. last season premiered around this time last year, and it got renewed for season 8 the day after the finale

I'd be surprised if they touched anything relating to politics. there's no reason to. there's like 10 characters to focus on.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They should have ended it last season, Monica dying was such a perfect closure, especially considering the last few seasons had not been the best.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
They should have ended it last season, Monica dying was such a perfect closure, especially considering the last few seasons had not been the best.
I agree the show dipped, but I felt like last season really picked it back up and I can't wait to see where the characters go. I relate a lot to the whole trying to move up the economic ladder and getting pushed back down stuff

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the show dipped in quality a lot around season 4 or 5, but I think last year was really good for the most part.
I thought thought they were going to try and tie up all the loose ends at the end of last season and close it out, but it looks like they're going to try and give it one last shot to try to at least give Fiona a happy ending. I think this is going to be the last season. it feels like there's not really any more room for the characters to grow.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to watch as the characters continue to make inexplicably stupid decisions.

kidomega

Oct 28, 2017
El Paso
Hell yeah! One of my unexpectedly favorite shows! I feel like they've become my second family. Can't believe it's been eight years.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
the show dipped in quality a lot around season 4 or 5, but I think last year was really good for the most part.
I thought thought they were going to try and tie up all the loose ends at the end of last season and close it out, but it looks like they're going to try and give it one last shot to try to at least give Fiona a happy ending. I think this is going to be the last season. it feels like there's not really any more room for the characters to grow.

Yeah last season was good and I legit felt that that was a decent way to end it (if I'm remembering right, lol) on. It let some things float around for you to ponder on, but some were left closed. I would have been happy if it ended.

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they're playing the season 7 finale on showtime, catching the end of it now.

totally forgot about the Ian and Trevor storyline (Trevor doesn't show up to the Gallagher's house at the end, so maybe that's done)
it looks like the Lip + Sierra thing is still kind of on, even though i coulda sworn they ended it. but it definitely looks like she's coming back
Carl's back. I forgot about Carl. curious to see where his storyline goes, him coming back from military school and all
Debbie's going to welding school or something? forgot about that too.
that montage at the end could have been the end to the finale.

season 8. let's go

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
I binged watched all 7 seasons of Shameless a couple months back. Great show. I'll watch season 8 in a few months when I get showtime again when Billions comes back.

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
good episode all around. they were able to get around to touch back in with each one of the 600 characters. and the season preview afterwards had a lot of good stuff in it too.

- so that's a new Liam right?
- it's clearly obvious there's going to be something sexual with Fiona and the tennant
- and Lip and the chick at the bike shop. maybe some "she's in recovery too" plot device to give them a bond? i dunno
- I like re-born Frank, even though I feel like it's the second or third time they've done it. seems like it's going to stick a while longer this time though
- definitely didn't see a Kevin getting breast cancer storyline popping up

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still not buying the apartment being a success. That's just too much luck after the laundromat. Even though I like happy Fiona and when like isn't shitting on her, but she's had the luck of the century. Her and Lip.

And the meth thing is gonna bite them in the ass.

OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still not buying the apartment being a success. That's just too much luck after the laundromat. Even though I like happy Fiona and when like isn't shitting on her, but she's had the luck of the century. Her and Lip.

And the meth thing is gonna bite them in the ass.
yeah, there was a short scene somewhere near the end of last season where someone/something mentioned that the building was up to code or there might be a bunch of asbestos in the walls? something like that. it's all gonna go south.

and definitely with the meth thing. on the preview for the upcoming episode(s) it made it look like
that might not have been Monica's locker they found the meth in, and they're going to be hunted down by a totally off the rails druggie

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah, there was a short scene somewhere near the end of last season where someone/something mentioned that the building was up to code or there might be a bunch of asbestos in the walls? something like that. it's all gonna go south.

and definitely with the meth thing. on the preview for the upcoming episode(s) it made it look like
that might not have been Monica's locker they found the meth in, and they're going to be hunted down by a totally off the rails druggie

Not surprising if so. I know the laundromat was a wreck and she lucked out heavy on that. The whole rent argument just made me roll my eyes, honestly.

That sounds exciting. Could be an interesting plot arc. Like what Carl's last season seemed like it was leading up to.
Did they change Ian's actor?

nah.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dickroach

dickroach

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whoops, ya I meant Liam. I do like that plot thread lol, but I hope it doesn't mean he leaves private school.
I feel like he's going to turn into a little shit-starter, like Carl was in the first few seasons. I mean, he's still a Gallagher
he starts causing shit at school and they can't expel him because it would ruin the "diversity" thing

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County
Haha the ice agent and not wanting to go after the Russians

Liked the premier. Everyone seems.....in good places. How will they all fuck it up

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Haha the ice agent and not wanting to go after the Russians

Liked the premier. Everyone seems.....in good places. How will they all fuck it up
Looks like the meth stuff will start stuff off next week but not sure that is all season. The apartment complex will probably be the source of some drama and fuck ups

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fiona is definitely going to bone her tenant with the bitchy girlfriend

Really hope we don't regress to alcoholic lip

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With him starting to pay back his old professor and seemingly getting a wakeup call about that girl I hope he is done regressing. Still upsetting he screwed up his life in college. He was really on a good path lol

Hopefully. My fear is that he paid back his professor so he doesn't owe it to him to stay sober anymore