• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Note: There are reasons to vote for Joe Biden due to our shitty election and I do not judge people for it.

Listen, I get that this election is very scary for many. Donald Trump has exposed the horrifying flaws of our government systems wide open and people are desperate to find some semblance of normalcy, but don't shame people into voting for him. Especially don't shame people by downplaying people's reluctance into voting for a rapist. I was planning on making this earlier because shaming people just doesn't work (it does the opposite really) but especially now, it's disgusting to shame people into voting for someone, especially if they are a victim of sexual assault. We have spent years lambasting the Republicans for "falling in line" even when the person was a serial sexual assaulter and rapist, we cannot shame others for not wanting to fall in line when its our side that is accused.

And lest we forget, this is what Joe Biden is being accused of

m.soundcloud.com

Tara Reade, Joe Biden's accuser, finally tells her full story (excerpt)

Play Tara Reade, Joe Biden's accuser, finally tells her full story (excerpt) by Katie Halper on desktop and mobile. Play over 320 million tracks for free on SoundCloud.

People shouldn't be made to feel unsafe on this website, yet when folks are bullying and shaming them for not wanting to vote for a rapist, that's exactly what happens! Questioning their character and accusing them of supporting something worse is disgusting! You don't know who is on the other side of that monitor. There are people who read this site that are victims of sexual assault and they have the right to abstain because of their personal trauma.

You want people to vote for Biden? Fine, there are plenty of reasons one could chose to vote for him. But don't mock others for deciding they don't want to vote for a rapist.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just once in my life I wish I could vote FOR something and not AGAINST something.

But the DNC have a habit of forcing non-charismatic creeps down your throat.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
People shouldn't be made to feel unsafe on this website, yet when folks are bullying and shaming them for not wanting to vote for a rapist, that's exactly what happens! Questioning their character and accusing them of supporting something worse is disgusting! You don't know who is on the other side of that monitor. There are people who read this site that are victims of sexual assault and they have the right to abstain because of their personal trauma.

You want people to vote for Biden? Fine, there are plenty of reasons one could chose to vote for him. But don't mock others for deciding they don't want to vote for a rapist.
giphy.gif

Needed to be said, thank you for making this post.

Porsche85

alt account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020
You will get shit for this op but I wholeheartedly agree. Perfectly paints my feelings.

If he's on the ballot, I'll vote for him only because I want those kids out of those cages. I don't trust him to do anything else, and I'll make no attempt to apologize for him or shame others who can't bring themselves to do the same.

Biden should've read the room and decided not to run.

May 25, 2019
London
Not knocking on you specifically OP, but we really need a politics subforum. Every time I come on this site today there's a new thread about this

Anti

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Australia
Some people are huge hypocrites, they have been complaining years about Trump for being a racist, a bigot, a sexual predator but when it's their time to choose they vote for a person who is exactly the same but a Democrat.

Hahahaha I said it before and say it again, Trump and Biden are the same.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people are huge hypocrites, they have been complaining years about Trump for being a racist, a bigot, a sexual predator but when it's their time to choose they vote for a person who is exactly the same but a Democrat.

Hahahaha I said it before and say it again, Trump and Biden are the same.
You're not wrong at all!

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking louder for those in the back. Either being a disgusting fucking rapist is disqualifying or it isn't. And he isn't going to pull kids out of cages if he didn't think that shit was objectionable when he was the veep, nor stop the coups and wars, nor push MFA. People are pouring so much wishful thinking into this turd in a suit.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
All those articles and tweets and posts about Trump's sexual violence and all it took to turn it all on its head was a milquetoast of a politician. People are going as far as hemming and hawing the victims claims just to justify Biden which places them squarely with Trump supporters in this regard.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Note: There are reasons to vote for Joe Biden due to our shitty election and I do not judge people for it.

Listen, I get that this election is very scary for many. Donald Trump has exposed the horrifying flaws of our government systems wide open and people are desperate to find some semblance of normalcy, but don't shame people into voting for him. Especially don't shame people by downplaying people's reluctance into voting for a rapist. I was planning on making this earlier because shaming people just doesn't work (it does the opposite really) but especially now, it's disgusting to shame people into voting for someone, especially if they are a victim of sexual assault. We have spent years lambasting the Republicans for "falling in line" even when the person was a serial sexual assaulter and rapist, we cannot shame others for not wanting to fall in line when its our side that is accused.

And lest we forget, this is what Joe Biden is being accused of

m.soundcloud.com

Tara Reade, Joe Biden's accuser, finally tells her full story (excerpt)

Play Tara Reade, Joe Biden's accuser, finally tells her full story (excerpt) by Katie Halper on desktop and mobile. Play over 320 million tracks for free on SoundCloud.

Thank you for making this post.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Not American here.
But when you vote, it's more then just for the chief of a political party. People should keep that in mind.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not going to mock people For making their own choices.

The sad fact of life in America right now is that a huge number of rapes and sexual assaults go unreported or unprosecuted. So there's a chance that we have voted unknowingly for a rapist once or twice over the years.

But letting the political party that is dismantling the justice system before our eyes win the presidency again is not a good idea. Being pragmatic sucks, but refusing to vote for Biden isn't going to make Republicans go "oh we should support and value sexual assault victims" out of the kindness of their greedy little hearts.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Republicans are salivating at the idea of Democrats fighting each other and not voting.

They will vote for their "rapist", win, and keep destroying the USA and the entire world in the process.

I do agree that people should not be "shamed" but the reality is that if Trump wins then things are going to be way worse than anything else.

Kids are in fucking cages for fuck's sake, LGBT rights are in danger, and a 7-2 Supreme Court is a real possibility that you won't be able to change for the next 30 or so years.

Learn to choose your god damn battles.
Did you even read the OP?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm looking at it as voting AGAINST Trump rather than FOR Biden. And yes it's complete shit that it's come to this, but 4 more years of Trump will literally destroy this country and it's laws because he will likely get to replace at least one other Supreme Court Justice. And that cannot be allowed to happen.

This election is for alot more than just the President of the United States. It's for our legal system for the foreseeable future.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm voting for Biden because I'm willing to put my morals aside for a moment help make sure progressive hopes in this country don't die for the next 30 years, which is what will happen if Trump gets 4 more years to fill supreme court seats

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Republicans are salivating at the idea of Democrats fighting each other and not voting.

They will vote for their "rapist", win, and keep destroying the USA and the entire world in the process.

I do agree that people should not be "shamed" but the reality is that if Trump wins then things are going to be way worse than anything else.

Kids are in fucking cages for fuck's sake, LGBT rights are in danger, and a 7-2 Supreme Court is a real possibility that you won't be able to change for the next 30 or so years.

"People shouldn't shame others into voting but I'm gonna go ahead and shame people into voting."

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I have seen people on both sides of this try to shame the other.

Just let people make up their own mind

I'd be glad if by some miracle Biden is not the Democratic nominee, but if he is I will vote for him to prevent something worse.

If you can't bring yourself to vote for him it's totally up to you, I just hope that your vote isn't needed to get Trump out.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to shame anyone who doesn't vote.

I personally think it's stupid, but i'm not going to hound people for their decisions. What you do or don't do is something you have to live with, no one can put a gun to your head and make you do anything.

People who will be directly affected by Trump winning though, and i'm talking having their lives ruined not just being upset, don't be surprised if they're not as forgiving if you decide to sit this one out.

Oct 25, 2017
"People shouldn't shame others into voting but I'm gonna go ahead and shame people into voting."

I'm saying that shit is going to get worse and that Republicans sure are going to love that we are fighting over this while they vote no matter what for their candidate and win, and honestly I'm not coming back to this thread, this shit just frustrates me because I don't like Biden at all and I should not have to do this crap.

Bye.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
I'm not going to shame anyone who doesn't vote.

I personally think it's stupid, but i'm not going to hound people for their decisions.

People who will be directly affected by Trump winning though, and i'm talking having their lives ruined not just being upset, don't be surprised if they're not as forgiving if you decide to sit this one out.
I'm trying to find an interpretation of this post that isn't
"I'm not going to shame people but they will be (and should be) shamed"

is that really where you want to go with this?

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Shaming others into voting has been a common tactic on here for months, and it's gone unchecked. The Biden revelation is just showing how far people will go with it, to be honest, but it's been a problem for a long time.

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
Not American so haven't been following this closely, but this sounds like a betrayal of the principles on which this forum was founded.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
The dnc didn't force anyone down your throat
The voters did
Ah yes, cause all the more successful moderates just happened to clear the field for Biden for no reason at all
Funny how when centrists were told the same by the left about Biden it wasn't considered a valid excuse but now that its needed to try to pretend there is a moral reason to want Biden to be the candidate all of a sudden its okay

OP
OP
Xaszatm

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You do not shame and mock those too traumatized to vote for an "alleged" rapist. Period.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Glad we're already on the "kids in cages" talking point that Biden will definitely 100% free.

Oct 25, 2017
You do not shame and mock those too traumatized to vote for an "alleged" rapist. Period.

Okay, I didn't do that and I apologize if it seems like I did, I'm just terrified because I'm LGBT.

I'm done with this thread and probably political threads in general because it's not good for my damn mental health.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Why would I vote for a candidate that voted for the Iraq war, was against gay marriage, and is a serial rapist? Who do you think I am, a republican?

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thank you.

When you have posts saying, "I don't believe her account", it makes posters feel unsafe. And it shouldn't have a place here, but I've been seeing it for the past 24 hours.

Don't vote for "Biden" then.

5b27bd661ae66222008b535c

Vote for the least privileged among us.

Full stop.

... what year is this from? 2013 under Obama deportations actually peaked. And this is what OP is speaking to, of trying to shame others into voting for a credibly-accused rapist out of guilt, because the other party's credibly-accused rapist is more blatant about his racism and nationalism.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to shame anyone, but from my throne of privilege, this appears to be a very easy decision no matter what Biden is accused of.

Trump is credibly accused of worse, and yet that is not what makes him such a horrific president.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point, the people who will appear on the ballot for the two parties are guaranteed.

If the two people on the ballot are people you believe are rapists, one of them will become President. If you decide not to vote, you are still passively accepting whichever rapist is the victor despite the protest.

If the ballot will have two people you believe rapists on it, one of them will become President. If you have any preference whatsoever, any leaning at all in any way, as to which rapist should be President and which should not, and your vote will matter in making that decision, you might as well pick the rapist you think should be President.

Because, again, one of the two will be President.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Thank you

Also, there are also a lot of people on this site who are trying to silence and downplay the accusation of rape. A lot of people who call themselves progressives but are now showing their asses completely.

Believe and support women*

Fuck Joe Biden
*unless that woman impacts my political allegiances

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Legitimate question and I apologize if I can't phrase this correctly.

Do you think there's a way to discuss this sort of subject without shaming/bullying becoming a focal point of the discussion? Personally, I'm unsure. But I do think there's a conversation to be had around this subject and how incredibly complex and horrific it is. I want to find a way to talk about it without getting into the whole, "You're a bad person if you do/don't do this thing!"

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It seems pretty easy. One wants to remake the courts (already doing it btw), destroy decades-long international alliances, cage children, destroy environmental protections, continue to gut the state department, incites white supremacists and racists, I could go on and on.

Assuming you're not conservative, such a take is incredibly myopic. Yes, the primary system sucks, but I will vote within the flaws of that system.

You don't have to vote for anyone, but I still think your choice given the option is foolish based on your goals. Think strategically.

Oct 25, 2017
This whole situation has unveiled a really ugly and toxic side of this forum. Fucking insane the triggering and gaslighting happening here. You don't get to feel for someone, you don't get to shame, abuse, guilt them into doing something that you couldn't possibly understand the personal and emotional ramifications of. Just fucking stop. Before you reply about Trump, before you reply about policies or the supreme court. Just. Fucking. Stop.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am not a sexual assault víctim and I could not imagine living a country whose leader made such a revolting act and gets a presidency as a reward. I left My home country for similar reasons and shaming people should warrant a straight up ban and an invitation to go back to Neogaf and his shower jumper gaslighting bootleg Colin Hanks shitbird for an owner.

Fuck You, if you have ever done this and topping it using pictures of My people to prop up your point, you are not Nate Silver and your take is not nuanced, You just some randomn asshole making light of others trauma.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.