• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm not voting biden because i like the guy but because it will at least guarantee better people replacing the filth that trump appointed. trump has done an amazing amount of damage and i'm supposed to continue to let it happen? fucking try and kick biden out of office once he gets in i don't give a shit. sorry but i am not okay with 4 more years of this bullshit just because biden might be a terrible person. trump is a terrible person and he is surrounding himself with goddamn filth just like him. you can do what you want but i definitely don't want to hear your complaining if trump gets reelected and continues his destruction.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
If only we had like 4 years or something to find a good progressive candidate. It's really too bad that Biden is the only democratic candidate, right guys? It's just too bad

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Saying that you are willing to hold your nose and vote for Biden in order to avoid a complete collapse of modern American society has nothing to do with whether or not you believe his accuser. For example I for one am willing to believe her until proven otherwise. However I also realize that if it comes down to Biden vs Trump then the choice is obvious. I'm gonna have go with the piece of shit that isn't a virulent racist that has actively tried to destroy the country and kill people (especially people of color) for the past 3 years. Not because I like the guy or because I WANT to vote for him, but because I have no damned choice in the matter due to how utterly fucked the American political system is.

If people don't want to vote for Biden then that's fine. Don't vote for him, but just be prepared for the distinct possibility that Trump wins the election and gets to stack the Supreme Court. Because while Democrats may have the moral fortitude to abstain from voting for a piece of shit you better fucking believe that Republicans don't have those same scruples. They will show up in droves to vote for their glorious orange racist regardless of what happens in these coming months.
Biden is a virtulent racist tho....weve had NUMEROUS threads here about it.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't shame anyone. It's as simple as, between two rapists, which is least bad for the least amount of people. If your third option (of either not voting or writing in) means the worst rapist wins, you might want to reconsider if that's really an option. It's simple math.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Does it matter if we lose no matter what?

I suppose the third option is a dummy presidency where Trump twiddles his thumbs for another 4 years hampered?

Are we entertaining this so that we may keep a clear conscience?
The primary isn't over, Biden isn't the only choice. Democrat voters need to make noise about this, need to make it clear that this isn't acceptable, force him to drop out. Who his delegates go to after that is up to them, whether they go to Bernie or some moderate who comes back into the race is their business but Biden doesn't need to be the option.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Thank you

Also, there are also a lot of people on this site who are trying to silence and downplay the accusation of rape. A lot of people who call themselves progressives but are now showing their asses completely.

Believe and support women*

Fuck Joe Biden
*unless that woman impacts my political allegiances

This too, the more successful Biden started to do, the louder they got. I can't browse dedicated Political threads anymore, they upset me too much being full of the type of people you're referring to.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I thought 4 years of bickering over politics in this community would have shown that you can't consistently shame people into behaving the way you want them to. All it does is make everyone involved mad and upset.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Honestly the fact that this type of stuff is even a discussion just cements my feeling that Trump will win, had a feeling before but yeah probably will.

This'll be somethin.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't shame anyone. It's as simple as, between two rapists, which is least bad for the least amount of people. If your third option (of either not voting or writing in) means the worst rapist wins, you might want to reconsider if that's really an option. It's simple math.
hmmm... idk about this logic

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
US population is 300 million and we can't compromise on just having a candidate who isn't a rapist my god.

Biden wasn't my pick in the primary. I don't like him at all, but if this what I have to go with in the election then I'll vote for him. And to be honest, I'm a pretty successful black man, even under Trump. My life may not change at all if he continues to be president. However I'm not voting so that only my life can be better. There are millions suffering because of him so it's an easy choice.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I don't think it will matter because in a race between two rapists the incumbent will almost definitely win. The DNC is going to hand Trump his second term and it won't be the fault of people who don't want to vote for a rapist OR those who will hold their nose in an attempt to oust Trump.

DNC stands for Do Not Clap.

OP
OP
Xaszatm

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are we ignoring the broad implications

Are the anxieties of those who fear what Trump will do with another 4 years any less abhorrent?

Even the OP goes only so far as to say... "Do not shame those who refuse to vote for him"

That doesnt mean empathy for those that are also affected in traumatic ways by everything Trump has done are any less valid

We keep putting all our individuals between a rock and a hard place when we all want the same thing and yet going around calling other people insensitive frauds because we are consdiering risks from different points of perspective?

Whats the cure to this exactly outside of what the OP has suggested huh?

Did you read the first and last points I made. Here's a refresher.

Note: There are reasons to vote for Joe Biden due to our shitty election and I do not judge people for it.

You want people to vote for Biden? Fine, there are plenty of reasons one could chose to vote for him. But don't mock others for deciding they don't want to vote for a rapist.

How dare you imply I'm not empathetic to others. I get why people want Trump gone, he's frightening! But at that same token I refuse to let victims be forced to relive horrific events and mock them for deciding that they cannot do anything. Victims of sexual assault should not have to be put through traumatic experiences again! Period!

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Generally, if you have a set of values that might make you question voting for Biden, then those same values wouldn't actually let you not vote for him (assuming you sufficiently understand how the U.S. electoral process works).

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Saying that you are willing to hold your nose and vote for Biden in order to avoid a complete collapse of modern American society has nothing to do with whether or not you believe his accuser. For example I for one am willing to believe her until proven otherwise. However I also realize that if it comes down to Biden vs Trump then the choice is obvious. I'm gonna have go with the piece of shit that isn't a virulent racist that has actively tried to destroy the country and kill people (especially people of color) for the past 3 years. Not because I like the guy or because I WANT to vote for him, but because I have no damned choice in the matter due to how utterly fucked the American political system is.

If people don't want to vote for Biden then that's fine. Don't vote for him, but just be prepared for the distinct possibility that Trump wins the election and gets to stack the Supreme Court. Because while Democrats may have the moral fortitude to abstain from voting for a piece of shit you better fucking believe that Republicans don't have those same scruples. They will show up in droves to vote for their glorious orange racist regardless of what happens in these coming months.
I'm not going to scold people for voting for Biden. I'm just expressing that I will not vote for a rapist with multiple allegations of sexual misconduct. I'm still voting, but not for Joe Biden. If the progression of constantly lowering the bar to republican standards is what the democratic party represents then we're in deep shit either way.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Its people licking neoliberal boots, they want power to the corporations but without the blatant racism of the GOP.

Most electable my ass.

Its gonna be fucking weird to suddenly see right wing shits using this as some kinda gotcha, especially since Trumps list is still a lot longer.

Mar 10, 2018
I applaud you for this, OP. Well said.

When the general election comes, we'll deal with whatever options we have then.

But as of now, you don't HAVE to vote for Joe Biden, even if he is the most likely candidate to become the forerunner. There is zero excuse to support him at this time in light of these allegations.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Are you claiming Biden would not be a better president than Trump??? That's just silly.
I'm saying if the DNC gathers in support of a rapist and the voters support this decision then they've proven they will vote for literally anyone no matter what the democrats do. Trump is not relevant to the point I was making,

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
The primary isn't over, Biden isn't the only choice. Democrat voters need to make noise about this, need to make it clear that this isn't acceptable, force him to drop out. Who his delegates go to after that is up to them, whether they go to Bernie or some moderate who comes back into the race is their business but Biden doesn't need to be the option.

How very shrewd

Trust me Bernie was my second choice but he had his chance over and over and over again to capture the majority of the public to his side

Fair or unfair we are so late in this now and this is the final play?

Do what you want but maybe we all agree to stop shaming each other and let the cards where they lay then?

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I thought 4 years of bickering over politics in this community would have shown that you can't consistently shame people into behaving the way you want them to. All it does is make everyone involved mad and upset.

True and what's worse is that this has been the Democrat's strategy for the last three decades: nominate shit candidates and then shame progressives into voting for said shit candidate.

Most Democratic lapdogs would never admit this out loud but Trump is the best thing to happen to their party because even somebody as demonstrably gross as Joe Biden looks decent next to Trump.

Dec 12, 2017
Biden wasn't my pick in the primary. I don't like him at all, but if this what I have to go with in the election then I'll vote for him. And to be honest, I'm a pretty successful black man, even under Trump. My life may not change at all if he continues to be president. However I'm not voting so that only my life can be better. There are millions suffering because of him so it's an easy choice.
This is me verbatim. I get abstaining if you don't live in a purple state. Biden sucks, but the people have spoken. RGB is hanging on by a thread and the southern states are gearing up for a fight vs abortion, LGBT rights, and affirmative action. I get voting for an accused rapist sucks but you're damn right when so much shit is on the line, I'm going to pick the lesser of the 2 rapists.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

Yes, everybody dropping out after Obama and Biden approached them during Super Tuesday to funnel all votes to Biden is not at all a political move lmao.

There were calls made and they "weren't asked" but they took actions behind the scenes to consolidate and make it happen. Promised political positions or power? Who knows, but playing blind and stupid just because you love Biden and think he's the most qualified doesn't mean it wasn't a political move made by people behind the scenes to try and win the primary.

I mean if you have the depth perception of a cyclops I can see how "NOTHING" was done by the bigger powers that be.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Saying that you are willing to hold your nose and vote for Biden in order to avoid a complete collapse of modern American society has nothing to do with whether or not you believe his accuser.
This is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about people defaulting to fucking dismissing, downplaying and attempting to silence her story, regardless of the way they're voting. It's happening all over the PoliERA thread and just in general.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dislike the guy but I'm going to vote for him. There is no other alternative that has an opportunity to kick Trump out of office should Biden be at the top of the ticket. That's the reality come November. Not thrilled to say it but meh.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I don't understand why people think they're only voting for who will be president. You're also voting for the party that will nominate judges, enforce the law, administer funds, protect the public, regulate trade, and conduct foreign policy. You aren't just voting for Biden, you're voting for the Democratic party. A party that actually believes in objective reality.

The president is not a king, they are a figurehead more than anything.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
How very shrewd

Trust me Bernie was my second choice but he had his chance over and over and over again to capture the majority of the public to his side

Fair or unfair we are so late in this now and this is the final play?

Do what you want but maybe we all agree to stop shaming each other and let the cards where they lay then?
I literally said in the fucking post that Biden's delegates can do whatever the fuck they want. Even if Biden drops out, I doubt the DNC would be fine with Bernie winning so another moderate will definitely rise up to replace Biden and the delegates may go for them. This isn't about getting Bernie to win, its about preventing a rapist from becoming the democratic candidate.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Biden is a virtulent racist tho....weve had NUMEROUS threads here about it.
Is Biden worse than Trump in your opinion? Would 4 years of Biden and a Supreme Court Justice picked by him be worse than 4 more years of Trump and his own SCOTUS nominee? Because that's how I am looking at it. I don't like Biden in the slightest. I don't like his personality, I don't like his opinions on important issues, and I certainly don't like all of the personal statements and issues that surrounds him. But he is still not as bad as Trump and will not do as much damage as Trump.

I know that's a shitty way to look at it, but it's a shit political system in a shit country full of shit people so I don't really have a choice.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Don't vote for "Biden" then.

5b27bd661ae66222008b535c

Vote for the least privileged among us.

Full stop.

This kind of response is extremely disingenuous when you look at the fact that the Obama administration built those cages in the first place.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
If only we had like 4 years or something to find a good progressive candidate. It's really too bad that Biden is the only democratic candidate, right guys? It's just too bad
It is really too bad that Bernie and Warren couldn't run better campaigns, I agree.

You're right the establishment did literally nothing to push Biden. Oh wait, that's a fucking lie.

I mean not really. Big-money donors and mainstream media outlets fawned over Pete for months and were pretty critical of Biden. He picked up a lot of endorsements from people who've known him for years, but even in that area he didn't really take off until everyone else had dropped out. As far as establishment support goes, Biden's, given his stature within the party, was pretty pathetic up until a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.