• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
"The whole board" is a rigged game where you lose if you play or don't play.
you don't lose if you play, you just slightly slightly make the odds better for you MAYBE winning the next time theres a game. that's the reality.

the alternative is civil war, and as voter turnout has shown, people are perfectly okay with living life under the rigged game.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Wait. Was he actually accused of rape? I thought it was sexual assault/unwanted touching, but not rape.
He allegedly penetrated a woman's vagina without her consent. That's usually considered sexual assault and rape, colloquially. Legally, it depends on the jurisdiction, because some states don't even have "rape" on the books, just sexual assault.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised the media hasn't picked this up yet? I mean this is a potential president candidate i would think something serious like this would be news worthy and bring some heat to the DNC to act.
it seems like one of those things we're going to ignore until the general election

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
you don't lose if you play, you just slightly slightly make the odds better for you MAYBE winning the next time theres a game. that's the reality.

the alternative is civil war, and as voter turnout has shown, people are perfectly okay with living life under the rigged game.

If voter turnout is so great then surely Biden doesn't need my disposable youth vote in a safe blue state in a GE, right?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pointing this out doesnt make Bernir president

Thats the point. I wasnt talking about Biden fighting those battles i was talking about normal people

People who have to think hard about what paths and tools are even reasonably available to create positive change when the deck is hopelessly stacked against it

You wonder how anyone could even consider getting behind someone as flawed as Biden well....
Still lost why you keep bringing Bernie into this. I still have yet to mention him outside of responding to you bringing him up.

I don't wonder that tho. I understand the reasoning behind it. And that reasoning has continued to allow the democratic party to get away with not fighting for the causes they champion for their entire existence. Its time to stop lining up to support them until they actually do what they say theyre fighting for. Otherwise youre only promoting the furthering of people like Biden, Clinton, Obama, etc.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Whew what a passionate topic opening. So passionate. The only thing im going to say on this topic has truly solidified that this site is only for certain liberal internet fake woketivists who are embraced in privilege. The exact same people that truly fail to grasp the concept of lesser evil. The exact same people that didn't say shit when other people who have constantly suffered under previous us presidents had to vote for candidates they don't like.

I can say more but I'd rather not but for certain people, you are not as slick as you think you are.

One thing this fucking forum always always fails to grasp is that life is not black and white and will never be black and white.

Michelle Obama please come and save us.
Say sike. Please say sike

Dec 12, 2017
The increase in white supremacy, minority oppression, imprisonment of infants, insane judges, and pandemic deaths is more than enough to get me to vote against Trump.

You can not vote, but if we're stuck with another 4 years of Trump than I have every right to hold you accountable.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting. Absolutely vile and disgusting. Yeah the allegations aren't appropriate enough to disqualify him YET. What with all the numerous incidents of women coming forward about him sexually assaulting them, the video evidence of him doing it and now this, we just simply cant rush to any judgement right now.
No woman has ever accused him of sexual assaulting them nor is there video evidence. The weird touchy behavior is not appropriate and unnerving to women and men. But sexual assault is a crime, Biden's lack of understanding boundaries and the non sexual nature of the actions does not constitute sexual assault, or even harassment. In many of the cases, the women go out of their way to say that it didn't seem like he was malicious or meant to make them feel uncomfortable, but it did anyway. Being creepy is not a crime, sexual assault is. One is actions born out of ignorance, the other is an action of malicious intent.

While I don't like patting myself on the back for stuff, thank you. Making posts like that are often unpopular and nerve wracking as you never know what the moderation consequence will be, so it means a lot to see it appreciated especially when I feel like there is something important that needs to be said.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Whew what a passionate topic opening. So passionate. The only thing im going to say on this topic has truly solidified that this site is only for certain liberal internet fake woketivists who are embraced in privilege. The exact same people that truly fail to grasp the concept of lesser evil. The exact same people that didn't say shit when other people who have constantly suffered under previous us presidents had to vote for candidates they don't like.

I can say more but I'd rather not but for certain people, you are not as slick as you think you are.

One thing this fucking forum always always fails to grasp is that life is not black and white and will never be black and white.

Michelle Obama please come and save us.
Oh my god did you forget to post the /s?

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
I dont mind essentially voting for a VP.

This is all sounding like "> Trump"

Basically.

Biden is a shit candidate and despite that, Trump is way worse. It's important for morally conscious voters to find a reason to get out and vote even when the options suck. But yeah, like I said, I can't blame people for not wanting to vote. If I was American, it would be a tough sell even with so much on the line. Always voting for the lesser of two evils can really wear you down.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Still lost why you keep bringing Bernie into this. I still have yet to mention him outside of responding to you bringing him up.

I don't wonder that tho. I understand the reasoning behind it. And that reasoning has continued to allow the democratic party to get away with not fighting for the causes they champion for their entire existence. Its time to stop lining up to support them until they actually do what they say theyre fighting for. Otherwise youre only promoting the furthering of people like Biden, Clinton, Obama, etc.

And there it is

Scorched earth. Thats the divide

Let it all fall so those of us not enlightened enough finally see the light eh?

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
If voter turnout is so great then surely Biden doesn't need my disposable youth vote in a safe blue state in a GE, right?
sure, but don't actively campaign against the democrat. you need to separate his disgusting act from the overall progress that would be attained by his administration.

just reminder that these are some of Donald trumps advisors: Steve Miller, Fox News, Jared Kushner

Wolven Hammer

Feb 26, 2018
Los Angeles, California
A second trump term is no threat to me personally, but I'll still be voting for Biden's creepy ass. There are lives at stake.

I won't judge anyone sitting this one out, though. What a disgrace.

Our own "progressive" and "liberal" media stabbed us all in the back on Sanders.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
I do not like Joe Biden and expect him to be a lame duck, the allegations against him are horrible. Even knowing all of this, I know that voting for him if he's the nominee is the better of two evils.

Everyone should show up and atleast vote in their local elections, there is no excuse to stay at home if you can vote to have an impact in your local and state government.

Finally, I hope that those who are contemplating not voting for Biden have taken the time to also consider the impact of Trump in the lives of those that do not have the luxury to be outraged. Hate Biden and never stop scrutinizing, voting for him is not accepting that rape is acceptable but a condemnation of what Trump stands for and what his party is doing to the country.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
sure, but don't actively campaign against the democrat. you need to separate his disgusting act from the overall progress that would be attained by his administration.

just reminder that these are some of Donald trumps advisors: Steve Miller, Fox News, Jared Kushner

I don't need to do anything. I can express whatever opinion I want about our bad country and its bad political system.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No woman has ever accused him of sexual assaulting them nor is there video evidence. The weird touchy behavior is not appropriate and unnerving to women and men. But sexual assault is a crime, Biden's lack of understanding boundaries and the non sexual nature of the actions does not constitute sexual assault, or even harassment. In many of the cases, the women go out of their way to say that it didn't seem like he was malicious or meant to make them feel uncomfortable, but it did anyway. Being creepy is not a crime, sexual assault is. One is actions born out of ignorance, the other is an action of malicious intent.

While I don't like patting myself on the back for stuff, thank you. Making posts like that are often unpopular and nerve wracking as you never know what the moderation consequence will be, so it means a lot to see it appreciated especially when I feel like there is something important that needs to be said.
How cool to downplay sexual assault.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A second trump term is no threat to me personally, but I'll still be voting for Biden's creepy ass. There are lives at stake.

I won't judge anyone sitting this one out, though. What a disgrace.

Our own "progressive" and "liberal" media stabbed us all in the back on Sanders.
His base is smaller than it was in 2016 though?

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018

I'm not gonna touch the majority of your post that I really don't like or find "brilliant" at all but I'm just gonna say pulling the " well she's the only woman who ever said anything other women were OK with it or didn't find it a big deal" when it comes to a powerful man making women feel uncomfortable, when it comes to what it would take for a woman to come and accuse a powerful man of such a thing ...that's not it, not at all

Oct 25, 2017
You can choose not to vote, but by choosing not to vote, you're choosing to endorse the status quo and the status quo is Trump. *shrug*
Pretty much this, I'm not going to shame anyone, I'm not going to crap on your decision. Just make sure you fully understand the repercussions of four more years of Donald J Trump when he has nothing to lose.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Imagine having 5 fucking months to change course on Biden being replaced and instead of holding the DNC accountable and FORCING their hand to chose someone else than Joe people are spending significantly MORE TIME getting pissed off at people not voting for Biden online.

The general isn't 2 fucking weeks away. We have MONTHS to course correct this, but for some fucking reason in the PRIMARY for gods sakes you all think it's a fucking binary choice. You all knowingly went behind a fucking trash candidate. You all KNEW he had insanely invasive videos of him violating personal space of women. You still backed him.

You've all whole heartedly trash Sanders the moment you didn't have to pretend like him because he called out the DNC specifically for THIS kind of shit that runs rampant in the organization and turned that into 'attacking your allies'. There is no ally ship with this crap. Not me. No way. You had so many different candidates that had less skeletons than fucking Biden. Pete's only downside is what? Bread price fixing? That's so much easier to manage than Joe Bidens shit.

Can people just admit that they only treat these issues as 'win cards' in online arguments? This week especially time and again the most hated users and politicians on this site are those who have a shred of fucking dignity to not compromise on their morals to vote 'against the other guy'. Now the same site that propped 'believe women' because it gave them win points against GAF and MAGAs are making threads and browbeating users who cannot stand to vote for Rapist 1 or Rapist 2 as being no better than Trump voters. Disgusting. Shameful. I'm never going to let this site live this down.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't vote for "Biden" then.

5b27bd661ae66222008b535c

Vote for the least privileged among us.

Full stop.

This will not fundamentally change under Biden. A Democratic admiration (that Biden was part of) built the cages and they mass deported the entire family units back to conditions they were fleeing from, where they're out of sight and not a huge media draw. Biden himself was flat out hostile to immigration activists during this primary.

Last edited:

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
I'm not going to judge anyone who votes for Biden in the general. I'm not going to judge anyone who abstains. But when we're still in the middle of of the primary and you've already resigned yourself to Biden and you won't do a damn thing to fight for someone better, you've let me and all the other victims of sexual harassment and abuse know just how fucking little we mean to you. You're enabling the most powerful people in this country to continue abusing others, because you've shown them you're unwilling to even try to hold them accountable. And yes, I hope you fucking feel ashamed. But you won't.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I do not like Joe Biden and expect him to be a lame duck, the allegations against him are horrible. Even knowing all of this, I know that voting for him if he's the nominee is the better of two evils.

Everyone should show up and atleast vote in their local elections, there is no excuse to stay at home if you can vote to have an impact in your local and state government.

Finally, I hope that those who are contemplating not voting for Biden have taken the time to also consider the impact of Trump in the lives of those that do not have the luxury to be outraged. Hate Biden and never stop scrutinizing, voting for him is not accepting that rape is acceptable but a condemnation of what Trump stands for and what his party is doing to the country.

This is the silver lining

At least vote for the future. Hopefully local candidates that could one day be president without all this fucking evil baggage

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And there it is

Scorched earth. Thats the divide

Let it all fall so those of us not enlightened enough finally see the light eh?
Didn't say or suggest that. Nor did you acknowledge I haven't brought up Bernie. It seems youre having a really hard time grasping what I'm saying to you here because you keep putting words in my mouth.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Biden might be a rapist but you have to look at the bigger picture. Republicans have no problem falling in line and that's why they win

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck people framing this as a Trump V Biden question.

The.primary.is.still.going

If the DNC DONT investigate and vet this story I will actively shit on Biden any chance I get.

If they do vet and it is credible then they MUST pick someone else.
TF with posters saying "well peeps voted for him"?
that was fucking before he was a know rapist!
If it is vetted and it is a a provable bs story then we move forward with Joe.

how fucking hard is that to wrap you head around?

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I don't need to do anything. I can express whatever opinion I want about our bad country and its bad political system.
ok

my opinion is that you do your overall cause, which im guessing is progress, a disservice by not falling in line.

the enemy needs to be clear, lest we handicap ourselves through friendly fire, sure the Lieutenant might be a rapist, but we won't get out of this fight alive if we shoot him down.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Don't vote for "Biden" then.

5b27bd661ae66222008b535c

Vote for the least privileged among us.

Full stop.

Right. There's too much at stake, even if leaving the voting booth makes me vomit or fucks with my mental well-being. I'm not voting for me. It's going to be painful, and it's bullshit that it is painful, but the weight of the future is completely on that vote.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Someone can be creepy to some women and sexually assault others. Some people will be the only victim of their assaulter, and many victims wait a long time to speak up because of the realities of what that entails.

You aren't saying this grand deep position you seem to have but just flat out saying you don't believe her because she did not speak up sooner.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The primary contest isn't over. Biden only has 1100 of the 1900 delegates he needs to get a majority. Over 1700 delegates have yet to be determined (by future primaries). If enough people care, someone else will be elected as the Democratic nominee.

The most I can do personally is call and talk to the DNC about how they need to seriously investigate this.

Then do that. Every bit of pressure we can put on the DNC, the media, Biden, and remaining primary voters counts.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to judge anyone who votes for Biden in the general. I'm not going to judge anyone who abstains. But when we're still in the middle of of the primary and you've already resigned yourself to Biden and you won't do a damn thing to fight for someone better, you've let me and all the other victims of sexual harassment and abuse know just how fucking little we mean to you. You're enabling the most powerful people in this country to continue abusing others, because you've shown them you're unwilling to even try to hold them accountable. And yes, I hope you fucking feel ashamed. But you won't.
What would you have us do exactly? Biden is sweeping the shit out of the primaries. Looking at the states that are left, where is Bernie going to win by a sizeable enough margin?

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
The conundrum is that its too late

Its politics. How do you educate the public to separate this as a legitimate reason to alter their view and not view it as a "political tactic"

Did we forget Brett Cavanaugh already?

Can we get the public behind the women and bring down Biden? Maybe but that does not mean a rally behind Bernie

This is an untenable situation. You can't expect this to go the way you think.

It would almost undoubtedly lead to a Trump reelection. Does our conscience reconcile with this as a potential reality?
No it isn't.

If people stop being shitty and dismissing sexual assault, then it wouldn't be so hard.

If it's an untenable situation as you say, then Trump has already won. Biden is not going to win with these allegations along with the other stuff.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

One of the old accusers came forward with new allegations that he sexually assaulted her.

Nov 9, 2017
For some of us a vote is all we have. You think we can all rise up and start and/or participate in a revolution? The most I can do personally is call and talk to the DNC about how they need to seriously investigate this. I can't march. I can't organize. I can't create a movement. I can't even leave my house. What more can I do than speak about supporting an alternative on my own meager online platform, and then voting in November?

Just do what you are able to do. Hell even twitter hashtags can often grow into something significant.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Obama had cages too!" is a common alt right talking point. Y'all need to check yourselves.
Haha dismissing valid and legitimate concerns around Obama as an alt right talking point is so pathetic and shows how little some of you care about the issue you pretend to care about in order to use it to bludgen others into voting for someone.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017

I sincerely hope you haven't actually read the details of the allegation we've all been talking about:

She is asked by someone else to deliver a gym bag to Biden, down towards the capitol. She arrives, they end up alone in a side area, there wasn't even any exchange or delivery. He immediately pushes her up against the wall, starts kissing her, then penetrates her under the skirt with his fingers. He said "do you wanna go somewhere else" while it was happening. She pulled away once he was finished, clearly upset. He then said "come on, man! I thought/heard you liked me!" He looked annoyed. He then pointed his finger at her and said "you're nothing. Nothing" Then soon afterwords attempted to console her by grabbing her by the shoulders and said "you're ok, you're fine". She says that the "you're nothing" exchange has stuck with her ever since. "People wanna know why women don't come forward.. that's a good example why

Original Interview

A woman has absolutely accused him of sexually assaulting her. There is no ambiguity there, none.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
ok

my opinion is that you do your overall cause, which im guessing is progress, a disservice by not falling in line.

the enemy needs to be clear, lest we handicap ourselves through friendly fire, sure the Lieutenant might be a rapist, but we won't get out of this fight alive if we shoot him down.

My overall cause is actually the abolition of the state and the capitalist system that we live in, but for the time being I was willing to settle for a compromise candidate as an olive branch to the liberals and moderates.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You guys need to vote for Biden or else the world is going to be a REAL ugly place in 5 years.

Thanks,
The world

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Someone can be creepy to some women and sexually assault others. Some people will be the only victim of their assaulted, and many victims wait a long time to speak up because of the realities of what that entails.

You aren't saying this grand deep position you seem to have but just flat out saying you don't believe her because she did not speak up sooner.

Well said as usual. That he finds it "suspect "
that after all this time only one woman has come forward? Are you fucking kidding me? Did he and " brilliant post" guy miss the entire MeTOO era??

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
ok

and you expect victims of sexual assault/ rape, and those who are uncomfortable with voting for someone who is a rapist to be ok with "sure the lieutenant might be a rapist?"

how about fuck that lieutenant, get him the fuck out of here.

Oct 30, 2017
At the very least, I wanted a candidate that didn't make my skin crawl.
I'm tired of watching/participating in debates about the lesser of two evils even when it's obvious.

Trump's flaws are huge.
-Racism
-Sexual assault allegations
-Wants to cut entitlements
-Terrible foreign policy
-Showing cognitive decline
-Self dealing

Running someone like Joe Biden takes the venom out of the bite.

If I try to remind people that Trump is a serial sexual assaulter, and they reply back that Biden is guilty as well, then I'm not going to bother going into the details about why one is worse than the other and why Biden is still better. I'm not interested in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.