• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
It's launching on Apple Arcade? Hope the wait for the other platforms isn't too long. Apple Arcade is starting to really rub me the wrong way. At least the Epic Games Store is a couple clicks away. I'm not paying $699+ for the latest iPhone to play these games.

Love the art BTW

Edit: I'll consider an Apple TV, I guess. Exclusives drive the industry, can't blame Apple for doing what every other platform holder does.

Last edited:

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like they got someone else besides Jake Kaufman to do the music. It's not bad by any means, but it's definitely not very in line with the series's other music.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great and sounds great. My only complaint is that the portraits are cut off due to their positioning. I'd rather they be at the bottom to look clean at the edge of the screen.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's launching on Apple Arcade? Hope the wait for the other platforms isn't too long. Apple Arcade is starting to really rub me the wrong way. At least the Epic Games Store is a couple clicks away. I'm not paying $699+ for the latest iPhone to play these games.

Love the art BTW
You can buy an Apple TV for significantly less than that and play these games, AFAIK.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Love the art BTW
You could grab an Apple TV for like $99 and play them in your TV. Sub to Arcade for a month free and just take the game's price off of the Apple TV price.

Looks great, they did a good job on the art. Can't wait to play it.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
The graphics look nice, but there's some parts that look a bit flat, like the sand. I have to wonder how much of a work in progress this is. It says this is part 1, so is this more like a demo or half the game?

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
The graphics look nice, but there's some parts that look a bit flat, like the sand. I have to wonder how much of a work in progress this is. It says this is part 1, so is this more like a demo or half the game?
Bozon has wanted to do an episodic Shantae since Risky's Revenge, so I guess they're finally doing it.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda like that they're interspersing little bits of FMV here and there, giving me that 32-bit console era nostalgia.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

I will say the music seems less...bouncy compared to the other games which makes things seem less lively. Also I didn't hear any voice clips during dialogue which they had in the previous two games. I didn't watch the whole thing though.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Played about an hour of it so far. It's really good and it looks gorgeous on the phone screen.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Shantae and Rottea show up in the same room. I guess she's not a Rotty and Shantae Saiyan fusion.

I don't see any videos on YT showing anything else. Is this really all that's in this?

Well dang it lol. I was going to request to make the Seven Sirens OT but now I'm not sure how that's going to work considering it's episodic and that it comes out in a couple of days.

That would be a hard OT to do right now with so little info and pretty much nothing in terms of art.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great and sounds great. My only complaint is that the portraits are cut off due to their positioning. I'd rather they be at the bottom to look clean at the edge of the screen.

Yeah, this was a decision I failed to understand at first. It looks super jarring. But now that we know this is a phone game as well, I figure the placement of the portraits is to accomodate your fingers likely being planted on the bottom. I'd love if they placed the portraits and text at the bottom for PC and console releases, but I doubt they will.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
(Can't see Fillin's ears after an NPC points out that's how you identify Half Genie's.)

That's Rotty isn't it?

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Part 1 lol. Apple arcade actually looks imoressive though. I am shocked it appears to have turned out so good

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
It looks like Shantae and the other Half-Genies are the very first generation of Half-Genies. So Half-Genies are incredibly new. Which is interesting!

Also I found this out in the Shantae Discord by someone who was really upset about this, it looks like Half-Genies are and can only be women only.
That would be a hard OT to do right now with so little info and pretty much nothing in terms of art.
Yeah it definitely puts a hamper on my plans lol.

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks like Shantae and the other Half-Genies are the very first generation of Half-Genies. So Half-Genies are incredibly new. Which is interesting!

Also I found this out in the Shantae Discord by someone who was really upset about this, it looks like Half-Genies are women only.

Yeah it definitely puts a hamper on my plans lol.
Yeah I like that this game is expanding on the lore.

Hope we find out how Risky knew Shantae's mom as that plot thread always interested me.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Is this coming to Apple Arcade on the game's release date? Nice get for Apple if so.

Although I'll be playing it elsewhere personally.

EDIT: nvm already answered, wtf is "Part 1" though!? Feels like Sonic 4 bullshit :(

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really enjoy the Shantae series but...this one doesn't seem all that exciting compared to Pirate's Curse of Half-Genie Hero? Maybe it's just me, i'm sure it'll be great since there's yet to be a bad Shantae game, but this is the first one that i'm not all aboard on the hype train.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Is this coming to Apple Arcade on the game's release date? Nice get for Apple if so.

Although I'll be playing it elsewhere personally.

EDIT: nvm already answered, wtf is "Part 1" though!? Feels like Sonic 4 bullshit :(
When you start the game it says part 2 will be coming as a free update, no worries.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
It's so weird that WF is being so cagey about this and Spidersaurs when they're both out there on the AA Beta and people are posting videos of them on YT. It's like Apple have them under an NDA that prevents them from talking about their own games.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting tweets of the day.

So it's not really episodic. Or at least not like a level at a time, like some thought. And it's not that big. And I guess it'll just come out everywhere at the same time when it's done since I doubt they'll do this part 1 thing everywhere else.

Last edited:

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
Wayforward's messaging on this has been clear as mud. They're basically shadowlaunching this game.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Seems like they got someone else besides Jake Kaufman to do the music. It's not bad by any means, but it's definitely not very in line with the series's other music.

Yeah, he's confirmed that he isn't involved.

This is a real shame, his music is a much a part of the series' identity as the artwork.