• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

Just so that others who might not have been up to date with what's happening with how Seven Sirens will be released. The Apple Arcade version will arrive in parts with the full console and PC versions coming later.
I have been playing for a few days thanks to be Beta, this is the screen you get describing the release

gWlkjDU.png

Last edited:

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When is it coming to the rest of the consoles tho.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
DANG IT. I doubled checked and I still posted it in EtcetEra! Sorry!

EDIT: Thank you mods for moving it!

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I have been playing for a few days thanks to be Beta, this is the screen you get describing the release

gWlkjDU.png

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Dang, so this is Apple Arcade exclusive for a while? o___o I'm actually kinda surprised by that. I was expecting to try this out on my PS4, but I have iOS 13 and Arcade up...guess I'll try it now!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've been playing for 2 days already, it's pretty good but touch screen control keep messing my jumps.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
My guess:

They're rolling out the game as episodic content to Apple Arcade as it's completed and then the full game in one lump sum to console/PC once it's all done.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I got to see some of this during the beta and it looked... rough. Like, rougher than 1/2 Genie Hero. The UI looks like its straight from Risky's Revenge, multiple times there was an extended black black screen with audio for some reason, save points are too spread afar, the level design was kinda not great.

It's a Shantae-arse Shantae game, and while that may be enough for some, it certainly looked like a step-back to the lesser games in the series.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
episodic metroidvania (they confirmed it was open and not level based earlier) doesn't sound like a good idea...
Additional content after launch for a metroidvania can work, but usually it's DLC building off of completed games... is releasing the game on Apple Arcade with only one complete area (or however many are in Episode 1) really a good idea?
I got to see some of this during the beta and it looked... rough. Like, rougher than 1/2 Genie Hero. The UI looks like its straight from Risky's Revenge, multiple times there was an extended black black screen with audio for some reason, save points are too spread afar, the level design was kinda not great.

It's a Shantae-arse Shantae game, and while that may be enough for some, it certainly looked like a step-back to the lesser games in the series.
The Gamexplain footage did not look good. The environment was bland, the level design was uninteresting, and the music was kind of just there. Hopefully the next episodes are much better.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017

Did you play through the whole thing? How long is is? How many dungeons?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wake me up when it's coming to a proper platform. Shantae games this generation have been great, will check out this one as well.

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting way to handle this release on Apple Arcade. I was wondering why this game was set to release this year, but only on Apple Arcade.

I won't be playing it on there, but I'm glad for anybody that has Apple Arcade and will use it to play this new Shantae.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Console/PC/Apple Arcade part 2 update:

Hey, everyone! Development on Shantae and the Seven Sirens for Console/PC (and Apple Arcade Part 2) is nearly finished! We've moved the release window to Spring 2020, but promise it will be worth the wait! Thank you for your support!

Seems we'll be able to play the full thing in a few months.