• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
kCMukzCjENzZv8vx18P61ywt_PU7oD-Y86i8jTQvogk.png

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mortal-kombat-11-release-date-bonuses-editions-pre/1100-6463767/

I am honestly really shocked there hasnt been a thread about this at all. This is the Goro situation all over again, locking a popular character who has been in the series since MK2 behind a pre-order bonus is really fucking lame.

Last edited:

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
Wasn't this announced during the Game Awards reveal?

At least it isn't as egregious as the WWE game pre orders where they lock wrestlers that were in previous games away as a pre order bonus even though they are the exact same character, model and everything.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
No one is talking about it because no one cares. They did the same thing with Darkseid in Injustice 2.

Plus Mortal Kombat is a known quantity. You know if you want it or not. Long time fans will see value in Shao Khan which gives extra incentive to preorder a game that they were likely already going to preorder.

Non-issue

Kenagain

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably overlooking something and this is May sound dumb, but if you plan on buying the game why is preordering it such a big deal? I see that it is pretty dumb but I'd think anyone who really wants this game would be planning on buying it on release date?

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to WB games, they have some shitty practice in all of their games in some way, shape or form.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably overlooking something and this is May sound dumb, but if you plan on buying the game why is preordering it such a big deal? I see that it is pretty dumb but I'd think anyone who really wants this game would be planning on buying it on release date?
Sometimes preordering a game is dumb.

Sometimes buying a game on on day 1 is dumb.

Sometimes Fallout 76 happens.

OP
OP
HypedBeast

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
Well not everyone can buy a game on launch day. Some people buy a game months down the line. Its likely that Shao Kahn will be sold as DLC to later buyers.

Kenagain

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes preordering a game is dumb.

Sometimes buying a game on on day 1 is dumb.

Sometimes Fallout 76 happens.

True, but I think Fallout 76 had a lot of warning signs lol, I think Netherrealm has a pretty solid track record. To each their own, but like I said I just feel like if you were that big of a fan to care that much about Shao Kahn of all MK characters you'd be buying the game day 1

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
"I'm fine with paying extra for this character that should just be in the launch roster"

What the fuck?

Why exactly should he be in the launch roster? It's a character that's doesn't make or break the game, he'll be available eventually, it's an extra incentive to buy the game at launch like every other game in the world does now.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
He will probably be a barebones garbage character just like Goro and be a pointless addition to the roster.
Will look cool though.

OP
OP
HypedBeast

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
"I'm fine with paying extra for this character that should just be in the launch roster"
Thats kind of where Im at on this. Like this is a finished character, why am I paying extra for him if I dont get him at launch. Its not like Piranha Plant in Smash Ultimate where you order early, but he is still being developed.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Thats kind of where Im at on this. Like this is a finished character, why am I paying extra for him if I dont get him at launch. Its not like Piranha Plant in Smash Ultimate where you order early, but he is still being developed.
It is weird how on-disc DLC is OK now.

Maybe it says something about how fucked up everything else has gotten.

ThePunisher

Oct 27, 2017
"Why should this completed character not be in the launch roster?"

What the fuck is wrong with MK fans?

Dude preorder incentives are not new. They happen all the time so just calm down. If you want Kahn, just preorder. NetherRealm's track record has been great, so there is very little risk you'll be getting a crap game.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Dude preorder incentives are not new. They happen all the time so just calm down. If you want Kahn, just preorder. NetherRealm's track record has been great, so there is very little risk you'll be getting a crap game.
WB's track record isn't great.

Absolutely no one should preorder this if they plan to play it on PC.

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah I know it was brought up in the reveal thread, but I was just surprised there wasnt a general thread about it.

because there doesn't need to be one

it sucks, we get it, don't like it don't buy the game and the inevitable season pass with equally disgraceful character choices (say hello to Johnny Cage) but there's nothing new to discuss