• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Unfortunately I am at work right now and can't share until I get home, but I will update my post when I am able.

Show us your shiny new graphics Shepard. Let's see what beautiful and monstrous characters you've made.

Edit: Here's mine!

LOCKxyu.jpg

d2EJLCQ.jpg

jzvDLkA.jpg

n7TZ9vs.jpg

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realise this was out... downloading now! Will also update asap.

EDIT: done, pretty happy with how she came out!

Cutscene:

In conversation shot:

IanltA.jpg

A few more angles:

IavWjb.jpg

Last edited:

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Grace Shepard.
vsg98238f2z61.jpg

Remade her from scratch by cueing up my original trilogy save.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Here's Gilda Shepard, renegade space cop.

screenshot_20210514-0swj1o.jpg

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Curious to see how well I'll be able to recreate and improve upon my main custom Shep from ME2/ME3. Can't remember if this was a modded Shepard though using stuff like Ashley's skin texture and some other save editor tweaks that were available. 30 more minutes till Origin unlock.

X0CdGAl.jpg

Edit:
2st3Hu4.png

ME3 code was completely off when it came to hair, skin and makeup colors, but the overall shape was right. Still decided to make some alterations all around. I like her. Looks great in game too.
TiwWPCb.png

Last edited:

DireRaven

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna be playing default Shep, just because in some ways it's like the Witcher, the box art character was sold on me years ago, and plus everyone I made in the original looked like he'd had a stroke...

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Played default male shep on my original play through, will go default fem shep this time.

AMD

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be seriously disappointed if Chawncy Shepard doesn't make a triumphant return.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I have no imagination when it comes to faces. If you can post the face codes your Shepard will live on.

My Shepard before I abandoned it had a "I want to speak to the manager" look to her. I was not going to look at that face for the next 100 hours.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Hilde Shepherd - Mass Effect 1. will update things like hair style throughout the trilogy

E1XLtffWYAIhdEr

E1XD9EnWEAEtC_V

E1XOimHXIAIWwPl

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
I'm finding it difficult to make a decent looking male Shepard. Tempted just to stick with default or go with femshep, as she is easier to make look normal.

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
I'm redownloading ME2 so I can get some of my old character's face codes because if I can't get it 100% it will drive me nuts

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
To me, it is kind of telling that the custom fem. Sheps are still no match for face scanned Vanderloo for male, a grave oversight by Bioware not have a woman do the same for the remaster. Small asymmetries in a face is what makes them more real and I do know if the character creator features any such option of introducing some aside from scars. Also, does the creation suite not have aging features? The smooth textures have a glazed donut like quality to it.

NGL, if I cannot make my Fem Shep look like a normal person in her late 20s (technically 28) with signs of aging then I would rather forgo playing as fem Shep altogether. She is a human soldier and not a porcelain doll.

Also, ME1's default Fem Shep supersedes ALL other renditions of her. I still feel that ME3's default Fem Shep's design has sexism related issues.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
yeah it's a remaster of a game from 2007

were you expecting completely different facial modeling and materials work in an uprezzed remaster? it's explicitly not a remake in modern tooling.

Shenmue looked like this in 1999.
22653-shenmue-screenshot.jpg

I do think the character models in ME1 could have been better originally.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
Except in the preview, IGN or Gamespot reported that the character creation suite was updated.
Yeah it was standardized across all 3 games and they back-ported the default femshep model from Mass Effect 3 – so I guess you could argue that to some extent a default femshep is bleeding edge 2012 tech rather than 2007.

They did not, at all, rebuild the thing with modern models

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
I can't wait for my copy to come in. I built a custom Shep to look like myself at launch and I've used the same character model ever since. Character codes should really help make the jump from the original trilogy to the revamped setup for ME1 remastered. Just load up your old character and make some tweaks from there.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
My Shepherd looked like such a dingus when I first played. I tried for a "Captain Picard" look, but I forgot that I left the cheeks slider at 0%, so he had completely hollow cheeks. But I became attached to him and used him through the whole trilogy.

So in my head canon, Shepherd is supposed to be a bald, ugly dude

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Yeah it was standardized across all 3 games and they back-ported the default femshep model from Mass Effect 3 – so I guess you could argue that to some extent a default femshep is bleeding edge 2012 tech rather than 2007.

They did not, at all, rebuild the thing with modern models

Sounds to me Bioware went beyond that:

Or are you stating that ME3 already had these options as well?

Anyway, t is a personal pet peeve when a character creation suite engenders the notion that woman has to look a certain way compared to the male counter part (unless there is a age related slider).

She looks so much like ME1's OG Femshep.

Oct 28, 2017
Kf0cuNk.png

My original playthrough was with male Shepherd and I gotta admit it's hard get used to not having him be the main character. I just wanted to try something different this time, so also playing as bionic, which I completely avoided before.