• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
A shark abducted from a petting tank at a Texas aquarium and smuggled out in a pram has been found and returned.

The female grey horn shark, known as Miss Helen, was grabbed from the open pool in San Antonio aquarium by two men and a woman, then wrapped in a wet blanket.

Surveillance footage shows the suspects bundling the shark:

Police said the shark was carried in the pram in a bucket.

The vehicle was tracked down on Monday and one suspect was charged for the abduction.

Salvaggio said he believed the shark had been stolen to replace one in the suspect's collection that had died, rather than to be sold on.

Couldn't find a thread in the search, lock if old.

Pram:
a four-wheeled carriage for a baby, pushed by a person on foot.

Source: The Guardian

Last edited:

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea what a pram was until I watched the video.

And oh to hear what that parking lot conversation with the employee was like.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I hear their best detectives were put on the case.

hqdefault.jpg

Nov 17, 2017
I'm guessing they only noticed through security footage? It's crazy how casually he seemed to just scoop up the shark and walk across the room with it without anyone noticing.

OP
OP
Oct 28, 2017
I had no idea what a pram was until I watched the video.
This thread is now about the word "pram."
I only know what a pram is because of the band Pram.
the only pram I know about is Chicken Pram and now I'm hungry
Every time I make a thread I use a word that Americans don't know and it always derails D:
i-tried-gif-6.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Surprising that they were actually caught at the zoo. Likely tons of monitors and to actually see this in time is probably sheer luck.

Cute shark.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Salvaggio said he believed the shark had been stolen to replace one in the suspect's collection that had died, rather than to be sold on.
...So they decided to steal one from the aquarium?

What a fucking weird incident.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Thought this was going to be about some activist trying to liberate animals from the Austin "aquarium".

Edit: oh shit, the one in SA is owned by the same people!

Last edited:

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Animal collector??? They are such a bunch of egomaniacs.
Going by the footage the guy looks the part, even if that is pretty judgemental.

...So they decided to steal one from the aquarium?

What a fucking weird incident.
Yeah, why do you even have such a collection outside of scientific reasons? Also, why not buy a new one?

I remember reading about how the bigger sharks can't be displayed in Aquarium as they die pretty fast due to the pool size and basically not being able to live in captivity. Interesting that some smaller shark don't have that problem or to a lesser degree.