• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Interesting.... waiting to see what comes out of that.

"Layden: Couch co-op — I mean that's a whole category I think the industry needs to look back at. We have that with sports titles, and some racing titles, but not with much else. And I think that speaks to the power of the internet on the one hand, but otherwise we might wanna revisit that to get more family engagement in the gaming experience"

This is interesting in particular to me. It had sort of died off, but it could make a return?
it will come back with Knack 3

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Flesh out the Multiplayer from The Last of Us and bring it as a standalone or F2P Game with cosmetics to purchase.

Obviously Socom and stuff like that.
Its not like they don't sit on a ton of IPs they can use

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This seems to explicitly address the second team at Guerilla which has the Game Director from Rainbow Six Siege working on something.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Square Enix has spent this generation assuring us that this quote is not always true.
The quote still stands. Squeenix just hasn't reached the "eventually" part with its games due to mismanagement.

Then what do you want them to do cancelled the game shove out of the door?

You cannot say something like this needs to be standard when there million of variables.

I mean he literally said what he wants them to do: Stop announcing games too early just for the sake of hype.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give me an awesome TLOU2 online experience.

(Semi-related, but I swear to God a year or two ago a Naughty Dog employee asked on /r/PS4 if anyone would be interested in TLOU battle royale. Nobody noticed or knew at the time it was a ND employee until the user did an AMA a while later on /r/IAMA.

I can't remember who it was, and I cant find the thread anymore despite searching extensively for it. Probably deleted, but even that doesn't totally prevent the ability to find old threads on Reddit )
Out of all of Sony's games I think a BR mode would definitely fit best for last of us. The whole looting/scavenging/crafting aspect is just perfect.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Who will stealth launch a BR game next?!
If 343i wasn't so deadest against BR, a F2P ODST BR game would have done gangbusters before Apex Legends dropped. Missed opportunity there.
shawn is playing 4D chess with us, next thing you know that stealth BR game is a knack game with 100 knacks dropping in an Island.
Don't be ridiculous. The Knack MOBA is coming along nicely though.

Wumbo64

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
By all means, delay games if the alternative is a demonstrably unfinished product.

However, someone in a management position needs to be extremely cognizant of the expenditure of all resources, particularly time. Games are now taking outrageously long periods of time to complete. It is becoming apparent that newer and more efficient methodologies need to be adopted, as well as needing technology to evolve to match our increasing expectations . The existing model of throwing evermore people at the problem is not sustainable, so making sure you have talented leadership who can make snap decisions and compromises is essential. When these people repeatedly miss deadlines or consistently exceed budgets, it endangers the project.

A delayed game CAN eventually be good, but only if it makes it to market.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I think the space game that was in production at Santa Monica that got canceled is likely been back in production and hopefully SOCOM, MAG, Warhawk and Starhawk.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oddly enough everything besides the actual quote in this interview seems more significant. That said, I'm sure they'll expand on multi when they get the right ip, and studio fit.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_inline_mu4h8nqhND1r0daw1.gif

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The quote still stands. Squeenix just hasn't reached the "eventually" part with its games due to mismanagement.

I mean he literally said what he wants them to do: Stop announcing games too early just for the sake of hype.
Announcing game early or not means nothing since thing can things can always change either way.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale (Joking)

The real solution, clearly, is to bring back Warhawk as a BR title.

DO IT.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
God Sony's MP game potential is sweltering right now

MAG
Killzone
Warhawk
ModNation
SOCOM

Any of these five make a comeback I'm in

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I can see my next YouTube clickbait:

"The END of 'Singleplayer Sony'???? Halo-killer Confirmed?!?!"
Remember to like, comment and subscribe!

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
TLOU 2 battle royale mode confirmed.

But seriously, wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then what do you want them to do cancelled the game shove out of the door?

You cannot say something like this needs to be standard when there million of variables.

I want them to focus on getting games done and out of the door within a reasonable time frame of announcing it's coming.

That doesn't necessitate cutting corners or jeopardising the quality of the game. This isn't an either-or situation.