• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/10/sony_looking_to_crank_up_communication_with_fans

If there's any criticism of Sony at the moment, it's that the company is far too quiet. The manufacturer was very vocal at the beginning of the generation, but it has let its products do the talking in recent months. While it's hard to complain about the quality of the PlayStation 4 – especially with both cross-play and name changes now resolved– it would be nice to hear a little more from the organisation's bigwigs about what it's doing and where it's going.

Speaking on a recent episode of the PlayStation Blogcast, Worldwide Studios chairman Shawn Layden said that that's exactly what the PlayStation maker plans to do moving forwards. "We're going to crank that communication up, we're going to find more ways to get our message out and get a view into what our activities are and what our hopes and dreams are, if you will, for PlayStation and for Worldwide Studios," he said.

Zippro

May 20, 2018
Good. Request #1. Can the PS5 be something other than a black box that plays video games?

EDIT: Wow, lot's of narrow minded people responding to this who can only see the negatives of asking for Sony to actually innovate with their next console thinking "EUGH! YOU MEAN MAKE IT LIKE THE ORIGINAL XBOX ONE!? NO THANKS!!" Literally look at the Switch. It is not merely a black box that plays video games. It's unique and exotic hardware and that's what makes it so appealing. Literally why buy an Xbox Two or PS5 when my PC can do everything it can, but better while still having more applicable functions. They could make it more VR focused/integrated for all I care. I'd just like the PS5 to be something unique.

Last edited:

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
They have to play it smart. Next generation of consoles is coming soon along with a streaming era on approach and in addition MS is gaining major steam with their payment plans and affordable means to play games. Pissing off people because you're top dog right now isn't the best path for the future.

Good. Request #1. Can the PS5 be something other than a black box that plays video games?

They've been building an ecosystem but have been doing it slower than MS. PSNow on PC is a good first move but they need to do more.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Next gen retention season in full swing.

This is the first time I am adamant about this, but they better have backwards compatibility next time.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
All I wanted was psn name change and they're bringing that so I'm satisfied. I'm all ears for whatever they have coming.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
A robot dog. And a toaster!
toasterDogArt.jpg

So basically the dog in secret of evermore.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Well, they better. PS5 is gonna be revealed soon. They have to crank up their communication.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Next gen retention season in full swing.

This is the first time I am adamant about this, but they better have backwards compatibility next time.

Absolutely

I've loved what I've played on my PS4 Pro since owning it (God of War, Bloodborne, Spiderman) but I'm less than happy with lots of stuff.

I hate the store
I don't like the UI
I want backwards compatibility (PS2 games would be fantastic but I doubt it's happening)
I want 4K bluray support

Sony having a copy of the Game Pass model and backwards compatibility would have me shouting praise from the roof tops.

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, the PlayStation personalities haven't been the same since Boyes, Tretton, and seeing Shuh more frequently. They were always very active with communicating to the PS customers.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Can we have an exclusive Adults only Playstation console? It will have the same hardware but only it can access adults only content in PSN?

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
There are definitely going to be Playstation Directs. Considering the amount of third party stuff it really shouldn't be hard for them to them every other month like Nintendo. Especially if they're doing less big events.

Absolutely

I've loved what I've played on my PS4 Pro since owning it (God of War, Bloodborne, Spiderman) but I'm less than happy with lots of stuff.

I hate the store
I don't like the UI
I want backwards compatibility (PS2 games would be fantastic but I doubt it's happening)
I want 4K bluray support

Sony having a copy of the Game Pass model and backwards compatibility would have me shouting praise from the roof tops.

As someone who had a PS4 from launch day 1 and got a Pro day 1 and just got an XB1 X a month ago... I really don't get the complaints about the UI or store. It could be a -lot- worse. I do think the XMB was better personally but PS4 is fine.

BC is definitely a -must-. There is no way it doesn't have PS4 back compat (at least - and I think having it have PS3 / PS2 / PS1 as well would be a convenient 25 years worth of Playstation bullet point). It would be insanity honestly, one of the biggest reasons the XB1 struggled was because it created a hard reset between generations.

PS5 really needs more bells and whistles like the X has. If you're going to make it a black box at least make it a black box thats fully featured

#1 feature I want out of my PS5 is for it to not be obnoxiously loud

Oct 25, 2017
Only because they are about to launch a new console. They'll go quiet again after the first year or two or three into PS5. :P

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
I really dislike Shawn Layden. I think that he is arrogant and pretends that he knows what we as a fanbase want, like he knows what is best for us even we don't like it. Be more humble, dude. And yeah, more communication is always better.