• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to this film.

It's kind of disappointing though that the DC Universe is apparently no more, and only after it's been dissolved does DC actually start making good films. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam...this is the approach they should have taken years ago. Focus on making solid films to introduce these characters, then start bringing them together. Instead, they wanted it all way too quickly and rushed out Justice League.

Just imagine - Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam all released, maybe along with a new standalone Batman film. Then you release Justice League featuring all of these characters.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017

It's kind of disappointing though that the DC Universe is apparently no more, and only after it's been dissolved does DC actually start making good films. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam...this is the approach they should have taken years ago. Focus on making solid films to introduce these characters, then start bringing them together. Instead, they wanted it all way too quickly and rushed out Justice League.

Just imagine - Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam all released, along with a new stand alone Batman film. Then you release Justice League featuring this characters.

They could have started with a JL movie. Their issue was that they got the wrong person for the job. Nothing wrong with starting with a team movie.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017

Just imagine - Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam all released, along with a new standalone Batman film. Then you release Justice League and start bringing the characters together.

I think so few people watched or cared about Justice League that the Superman/Batman aspect of the DCEU can be ignored and completely rebooted in about 5 years, and no one will care. They just have to stop making bad movies until then lol

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
First DC movie I'm looking forward to since Wonder Woman, this looks like it'll be pretty wonderful.

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017

Just imagine - Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam all released, maybe along with a new standalone Batman film. Then you release Justice League featuring all of these characters.

Snyder is garbage who never understood what made these characters great

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
These movies all take place in the same universe just that the focus is on standalone movies right now and not doing shared universe shit just for the sake of it, like how forced it felt with Snyder movies.

Shazz

The Fallen
Nov 10, 2017
Just came out of this from a fan event screening, ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD easily my fav DC movie.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I think so few people watched or cared about Justice League that the Superman/Batman aspect of the DCEU can be ignored and completely rebooted in about 5 years, and no one will care. They just have to stop making bad movies until then lol
That's is basically the plan. Reeves is rebooting Batman. Superman will probably get rebooted whenever JL2 gets going.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
That's is basically the plan. Reeves is rebooting Batman. Superman will probably get rebooted whenever JL2 gets going.

Honestly, after seeing this movie, I have hope they can actually reset the universe instead of rebooting it. The movie itself is very self-aware, almost as if to say "we know we messed up, but let's move on."

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
DC IS BACK BABY

joy, adventure, color, levity - with Snyder gone we finally have actual comic book movies again

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Honestly, after seeing this movie, I have hope they can actually reset the universe instead of rebooting it. The movie itself is very self-aware, almost as if to say "we know we messed up, but let's move on."
I'm using "reboot" to mean "ignore what Snyder did and rebuild the characters in the public eye". Reeves story isn't an origin story and I hope to Christ the next Superman story isn't either. I want to see Supes fight someone other than Lex or Zod. Give me Metallo, Mongul, Parasite, or Brainiac. Hell a great foe for rebuilding Supes would be Manchester Black.

With Aquaman, Shazam, and WW DC has a solid foundation to start rebuilding. Soon we'll have Gunn's SS and WW1984. Give JL2 to Patty or Wan and let them work.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Question for those who have seen it:
I've read mixed things about how kid friendly it is:
For a 10 year old that handled Homecoming, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Black Panther except for the Killmonger vs. T'Challa fight for the throne would it be doable? I'd assume/hope so, but I've read that there is some fairly crazy violence early on.

Oct 25, 2017
For a 10 year old that handled Homecoming, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Black Panther except for the Killmonger vs. T'Challa fight for the throne would it be doable? I'd assume/hope so, but I've read that there is some fairly crazy violence early on.

It's fine for kids. It's not gory or anything.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017

It gets pretty dark in some places, and shows that the director does horror. Best way to describe it is it reminds me of Gremlins kinda dark. But it's like 1 scene which iz telegraphed well.

If you wanna know
The demon are really well done,
and end up killing some people during a scene. A person gets their head eaten.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
They could have started with a JL movie. Their issue was that they got the wrong person for the job. Nothing wrong with starting with a team movie.

I don't know, mate. I really want to see what Snyder was cooking for the five films he had planned. It was too ambitious, and admittedly not the of the 'right' tone for the universe as some would say. But what I read was incredibly fascinating and I wanted to see that translate to the screen.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, mate. I really want to see what Snyder was cooking for the five films he had planned. It was too ambitious, and admittedly not the of the 'right' tone for the universe as some would say. But what I read was incredibly fascinating and I wanted to see that translate to the screen.
We've had team movies before and they didn't need solos before. The characters in the JL are famous. They could have done it, but they screwed it up. As for the tone, it was fine. The execution was just horrible.

That said, this is pretty off topic for this thread.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I ain't even a DC fan but after the trailers and Aquaman, how can I say no? Glad to hear it's great.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
What worries me about sequels is the child actors.

What I'm hearing is the dynamic really works of Billy/Shazam, but with child actors being at the age of growing up it makes it difficult to keep that going forward and Shazam just isn't the same with an elder Billy.
Didn't really think about that. You lose something big when Billy is just changing from a young adult to a slightly older adult.

Although I suppose they can just introduce a younger Mary Marvel, if she isn't already in the movie, to keep that same dynamic but Billy's main story is dealing with other stuff.

ReiGun

Nov 15, 2017

I mean.....maybe. What's it matter now? What's done is done.

I'd rather enjoy what we have than keep harping on what could have been.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
I'm so excited for this film. It's legit the first DCEU movie I've been excited for since Wonder Woman.

The first trailer instantly sold me on it.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm using "reboot" to mean "ignore what Snyder did and rebuild the characters in the public eye".

I know. I was more or less agreeing with you - I think they can keep what came before and just re-build the characters now while new movies can even lightheartedly reference what came before.

Before this movie, I wanted a clean slate. I don't really want that anymore.

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017

The DC Universe still exist. Shazam, Aquaman and Wonder Woman are still in the same universe. They're just not focusing on connecting them right now.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Aw, man, I am super excited for this! Imagine 20 years ago, within two months, getting Captain Marvel, Shazam!, and the FOURTH Avengers movies, and them all being GREAT. Comic book fans sure are spoiled these days.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Was going to consider watching this regardless thanks to Zach Levi defending Brie, so this is great to hear. Hiring Snyder definitely did leaves some dents in the initial DCEU run (as much as liked some movements), not to mention the WB CEO recently stepping down so this definitely leaves me hope for the future of DC in film.

Would have considered the Fandango offer, but had visitors today, so guess I wait until release date. Last DC film I watched in theaters was WW.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
bandicam-2019-03-23-22-33-27-912.png

Off to a nice start!

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
go go Cap!! I've been following this since it was announced, really glad it's been so well received.

It looks like the anti-BvS

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I just got out of the Fandango early viewing, it was good but I enjoyed Aquaman more. Very fun movie and very family friendly with a few parts that could be scary for some younger viewers. For sure check it out if you like comics or super heroes