• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Just left the theater. Loved the movie.

Saw it in IMAX. Everyone was laughing their asses off, I mean EVERYONE.

Let's discuss people. What are your thoughts on the movie? Share some of your favorite lines, scenes, characters etc.

I already cannot wait for the eventual sequel. DC has a lot of promising stuff coming out in the next couple years so I'm afraid a Shazam sequel won't happen till 2022 alongside Aquaman or perhaps 2023. Who knows. But I'm definitely excited for their other projects in the coming years.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Just left the cinema. That was great and easily one of the best superhero films. Kind of had some of that magic the earlier films used to have.

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw it, I liked it. I'm just not yet appreciating the family of Shazam yet. Idk if I dig it or it's awesome lol. Overall it's the 3rd best in the DCEU.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
Slow start, but once it gets going it's a fun ride. A lot of the humor landed with my theater (particularly when they all said "Billy" at the end lol). Nice effects too.

Sivana was lame though. He just let the family get away with so much.

OP
OP
Cpt-GargameL

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Btw for those who saw it on IMAX.. that fucking Godzilla sneak peak! Holy. Fuck. In my veins!!! I want them to release that shit online so I can see it again.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't super love the movie, but really loved the Shazam family at the end, especially since it gave us a gay hero (Pedro) finally! The next movie should be much more interesting .

Sep 7, 2018
I really liked this movie. I say I think it's among my favorite live-action super hero movies. It was that good. There were a few minor things I would've changed though. Dr. Sivana was kind of flat and they could have shown a little more with his relationship between his father and his brother so when he went for the kill it would've felt more emotional. I got the idea and it was contrast with Billy as in how he was connected with his new family, but it was also a little similar because he found out his birth mother didn't really care for him. It would've just been a little nicer if we got more of the family struggles with Sivana.

I also would've made Billy a little younger. I think in the comics he's usually like 10 or 11. I would've made him 13 at the youngest and if they plan on using the character for more films I would think you'd want them to stay looking like a kid as long as possible. I also was expecting the Seven Deadly Sins to actually manifest themselves in the city beyond their physical bodies like people committing random acts of murder, theft, gluttony, etc, but that might've made it too dark when it already got quite dark in some scenes already. I knew my theater was freaking out when he threw his brother out the window suddenly. I also did not see that crash coming. They were parked on the side of the road what was with that truck driver? He had to be drunk or something. It was not the child's fault.

Really good shit though and I did not expect them to bring the Marvel family out the gate. That was really cool and I did not expect Megan Good. I was like is that fucking Megan Good? in the theater.

I'm so excited and shit I'm not even paying attention to grammar. Fuck it.

I'm eager to see where a sequel could go. It's weird Rock was cast as Shazam like years ago, but they didn't even end up using him and this Black Adam solo movie is weird. I dunno. I think villain movies are weird. I doubt I'll see that Joker movie.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This was basically a bad Sony super hero movie.

WB needs to form their own version of what Marvel did because this is embarrassing.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
My favourite DC movie.

EDIT
Oh wait old thread. Somone resurrected it to shit on it. lol

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

WB needs to form their own version of what Marvel did because this is embarrassing.

I watched this for the first time today and this thought was literally in my head. It felt like a movie that Sony would have made 12 years ago.

That said when we got to the part with Billy's mom, from then on it was really good.

It felt like the entire script/dialogue just needed a whole new go around. The kid who played Billy was excellent though and I absolutely adored the kids becoming the Shazam family. That entire sequence was gold-one of my favorite sequences of any comic movie.

I feel like Dr. Sivana was really wasted and once again Mark Strong was wasted in a DC movie.

I didn't like being teased about Tawky Tawny and to never see him. 😔

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that this feels like a old-style superhero movie is what made this great IMO. I love those campy early 00's superhero movies much more than the MCU-style movies.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
The two biggest problems were the villain was a dud, completely uninteresting, and Billy and Shazam were totally different personality wise which was really jarring.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I watched this for the first time today and this thought was literally in my head. It felt like a movie that Sony would have made 12 years ago.

That said when we got to the part with Billy's mom, from then on it was really good.

It felt like the entire script/dialogue just needed a whole new go around. The kid who played Billy was excellent though and I absolutely adored the kids becoming the Shazam family. That entire sequence was gold-one of my favorite sequences of any comic movie.

I feel like Dr. Sivana was really wasted and once again Mark Strong was wasted in a DC movie.

I didn't like being teased about Tawky Tawny and to never see him. 😔

What a sad fart of an early 2000's movie this was. Extremely disappointed. This is like a late 90's action movie. Insanely bad.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
The two biggest problems were the villain was a dud, completely uninteresting, and Billy and Shazam were totally different personality wise which was really jarring.
They really weren't. Look at how Billy acts at the start.od the movie when he's allowed to be himself.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I mean seriously this is like Peter Parker with 0 percent the charisma while a nothing of a wizard tries his best to earn his salary this is SOOOOOOOO bad holy shit.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
OK the more I am watching this the sadder I am getting. WB should straight up sell their assets to Disney. Billy is like "Hey I'm Billy and " bla bla bla and my lord in Heaven just end this WB. Let Disney write you stories above a fourth grade level

I mean seriously he's jumping off the front of a car wonderinging if he can fly and it is not 2001 Tobey MaGuire's Spider-Man my LORD how bad can this get.

I have to admit though Freddy is pretty awesome. Loving him.

Last edited:

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017

I saw it in theaters and thought it was pretty good. I haven't really watched any Marvel movies since phase 1, but I liked it more than any of those. There was an earnestness to it that I enjoyed.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Just rewatched for the first time since the theater, and I still loved it. So much heart, so much fun. I was afraid that it wouldn't grab me like it did the first time, but I liked it just as much.

Oct 30, 2017
Just watched it

With breaking the staff how are they supposed to pass there powers on to the next generation therefore preventing the 7 sins escaping again?!?

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
All I have to say is that baby Darla might just be the most adorable child I've ever seen on film.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched it

With breaking the staff how are they supposed to pass there powers on to the next generation therefore preventing the 7 sins escaping again?!?

That's a weird thing to zero in on.

Maybe by the time they're old and ready to do so, they'll know how to make something like the staff.

Or maybe they messed up bad.