• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Kate Bishop and Yelena was a top tier pairing for a show, but we may need to get started on ideas for a Jen and Matt spinoff...

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I dig the new daredevil costume.. is it supposed to be a proto suit in the comics or something?

It was Matt's first suit.

clean.jpg

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
HUH????????.... what's with the hate of this show? I just checked twitter and YouTube wtf
This is the first time I'm seeing this and it's just absurd

She's a female superhero and a portion of the show gets dedicated to the impacts toxic masculinity has on the female dating experience.

That's the perfect combination for neckbeards to shit their pants over.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Woke up early and decided to watch the episode. It was on point (beyond a few rather conspicuous VFX shots. I know the VFX artists are overworked and underpaid, and some of the shots were really good).

Definitely happy that Charlie Cox is coming back for a new series in the future. (Definitely interested in what's going on with Matt and Karen.)

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Woke up early and decided to watch the episode. It was on point (beyond a few rather conspicuous VFX shots). Definitely happy that Charlie Cox is coming back for a new series in the future. (Definitely interested in what's going on with Matt and Karen.)
Hope they're just taking a break and she isn't suddenly cut from the new series, even if not romantically involved with him she's still an important part of the show imo

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hope they're just taking a break and she isn't suddenly cut from the new series, even if not romantically involved with him she's still an important part of the show imo

I kinda miss Karen in the comics. She died so Matt could have his own Gwen Stacy. It felt kinda surreal that this episode with Daredevil mentioned "fridging."

(I guess Heather Glenn doesn't count because she committed suicide. Daredevil comics can get pretty dark, folks.)

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
HUH????????.... what's with the hate of this show? I just checked twitter and YouTube wtf

Jen's a girl. That's enough to rile up lots of morons that populate the internet

Tomasoares

Oct 28, 2017
Great episode, Daredevil was great as everyone pointed out. The ending was kinda sad, and I guess Jen entered berserk mode? (Screaming like banner).

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
My boy is back and I couldn't be happier. The suit, the music, the hallway. All perfect.

Also DAREDEVIL FUUUUCCKKKS!!!

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017

I mean the villain of the show isn't exactly based on fantasy.

I'm sure a bunch of people genuinely don't like the show, but most of the hate can be crossed off as weird incel shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Echoing that this show is so damn good. Top Tier D+ Marvel.
That ending got dark. Incredibly high chance those types of people will see that and never hit self-realization. Assuming they're watching and not just listening to assholes.

Considering the amount of times the MCU has referenced Supes I think it can happen
If I recall, it's established that DC exists in the Marvel universe, but as a series of comic books. Basically, same as us.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
The Tatiana/Charlie chemistry was off the charts.

I hope she gets to appear in an episode of Born Again. With it being 18 episodes, I'm pulling for some standalone "filler" weeks that allow for that.
Just thinking about Born Again I'm getting excited. Won't be full of cameos like She Hulk but now that DD is full in everything Marvel it means we might see other heroes other than the Defenders.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just thinking about Born Again I'm getting excited. Won't be full of cameos like She Hulk but now that DD is full in everything Marvel it means we might see other heroes other than the Defenders.

I doubt we'll see Spider-Man.

b096c6dc23692b3ca502af951fbc39db35d0d43b.jpg

(Also, Peter, shut up. You told Man-Thing about having sex with MJ, lol.)

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Man great episode and great series

It really treads that line of comedy and fucking commentary on the sad fucking state of the world for the women who exist in it

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just popping in to say that this show is 💯, easily the best of the D+ TV. Great blend of comedy, action and seriousness. Expecting full-blown meltdowns from the usual chuds online.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Here's the twitter account for the writer of this week's episode. He also writes comics (he did a Spider-Punk mini and is writing the upcoming relaunch for Miles Morales) and is attending NYCC. He's been retweeting memes and stuff about this week's episode of She-Hulk.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
LOVED that episode. Pretty much start to finish, aside from the now-standard questionable Shulkie face CGI. The CG just can't quite keep up with Tatiana's level of expressiveness.

Matt was perfect, the Leap-Frog stuff was hilarious, and the narrative framing of a bulk award for "Best Female Lawyer" immediately segueing into Jen lashing out for being slut-shamed and being punished for lashing out is just...mwah. Best single episode script in the series so far.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Best episode of the series hands down. Marvel is keeping all of what worked with Netflix DD while also giving him more of a comic book and less grounded take, which I love. I also love that DD was having fun, he's not all doom and gloom all the time. The chemistry with She Hulk and DD was off the charts.

Bring on Born Again
Except Spider-Man lmao, I actually wonder if Tom Holland will ever show up in the shows
It's probably still unlikely but if Spider-Man shows up on the shows anywhere it'll be Born Again

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly thought it was the worst ep in the series so far. Did not expect that from the Daredevil ep.

I thought Daredevil was pretty bad. Felt extremely out of character from the comics and the Netflix show. He's this goofy silly happy smiling guy now in the MCU? Ehhh, not my Daredevil. I really hope it's just because the tone of this show and that when he's in more serious shows this isn't the MCU Daredevil.

Everything not-Daredevil in the ep was great as usual, but I really was let down by all the scenes with Murdock.
I enjoyed the episode. Lot but agree about daredevil. Much as I loved seeing him it's very different from what we had in the Netflix show and I'm kinda sad even though we are getting Charlie Cox's Daredevil back he is lighter and kind of rebooted. But also the character can't stay the same forever. I'm just glad I'm the end to have more of him.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
They gave us Daredevil in a hallway & didn't do a one-shot sequence. 9.9/10, can't recommend.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
They gave us Daredevil in a hallway & didn't do a one-shot sequence. 9.9/10, can't recommend.

That's probably my one nitpick, I think the punchline of She-Hulk busting through the ceiling and wrecking shit would've been that much funnier if the cinematography leading up to it had actually matched the Netflix shows. And the remainder of the fight switches to being multi-shot.

I feel like that would've been a great way to make a meta gag without blatantly calling intention to it.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
I love this show so much.

Next episode needs a Feige appearance to apologize for this episode's ending, she did not deserve that.