• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I just finished up Outer Wilds, about to tuck into Void Bastards, and then they drop all this! Love Commandos so keen to give Shadow Tactics a blast, and it may be finally time to replay Shenmue after all these years.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like the Xbox Game Pass PC Games will launch later tonight, Metro Exodus is already available to download but the button brings you to an unavailable page.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Multiple games dropped to PC Game Pass too, list courtesy of inertGrey:

Imperator: Rome
Tyranny: Gold Edition
Surviving Mars
Metro: Exodus
Broforce
Hatoful Boyfriend
Hotline Miami
The Messenger

EDIT: Downloads don't seem to work yet. It's still unclear how the subscription works exactly. Editing the post.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Yeezus!

I've already played through most of these but the value there is undoubtedly incredible.

Now, I'm wondering if I should go through Shenmue. I've never touched it but know a great deal about it via osmosis either from friends or the internet. So much so, I honestly feel like if I actually put my hands on the game, it'll betray what I think I know about it, haha.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
There's that many good "free" games on Xbox now that it would pay for itself over a couple of years for almost anyone.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
We can confirm you don't need Game Pass Ultimate or a separate PC subscription to play the PC exclusive Game Pass games. So if you own Game Pass on Xbox, you can download the following games on PC, list courtesy of inertGrey:

Surviving Mars
Broforce
Hatoful Boyfriend
Hotline Miami
The Messenger

Weird that some of those devolver games are on PC Game Pass but aren't even out on Xbox One

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Game Pass is truly no joke. I did that insider thing fully expecting to not get any use out of it right away but with these new titles I downloaded like 4 games that I would have eventually bought. Almost already made up for the cost.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Now I will most likely play Hollow Knight and now I have no excuse NOT to check out Shenmue

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
We can confirm you don't need Game Pass Ultimate or a separate PC subscription to play the PC exclusive Game Pass games. So if you own Game Pass on Xbox, you can download the following games on PC, list courtesy of inertGrey:

Surviving Mars
Broforce
Hatoful Boyfriend
Hotline Miami
The Messenger

I have a Xbox Game Pass but when I try to download any of these games it takes me to an unavailable page, the button also says 'Xbox Game Pass PC Games: Join Now'.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Xbox Game Pass but when I try to download any of these games it takes me to an unavailable page, the button also says 'Xbox Game Pass PC Games: Join Now'.

Yeah, I edited my post, it wasn't clear. Guess we'll see tonight whether PC Game Pass is available for all Game Pass users or if it's a Ultimate feature.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Metro has a sale right now on Xbox that ends in 10 hours.
Could be an indication for when we maybe get the console version.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
That's one amazing list of new games, couple of the best games in the last few years in Hollow Knight, Steamworld Dig 2.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Added Metro, Tyranny and Battle Chasers to my queue on PC but they don't download yet. Maybe an E3 announcement? The other Play Anywhere titles like Moonlighter, Hollow Knight, Old Man's Journey and Wizard of Legend started right away.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I edited my post, it wasn't clear. Guess we'll see tonight whether PC Game Pass is available for all Game Pass users or if it's a Ultimate feature.
Pretty certain there is already official language stating you need Game Pass Ultimate to access both Xbox and PC libraries beyond the Play Anywhere titles.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Seriously, people need to get into the Xbox ecosystem if they haven't yet, best offerings in the industry and lots of money to be saved, especially if they manage to combine Game Pass cleverly with xCloud and PC now there will be no way around Game Pass very soon.

Will start Hollow Knight right away to shorten the time until the show begins! So many games from my wishlist. I'm seriously starting to develop a Game Pass 'yet to play-log' on top of my purchased content backlog... Also, this announcement will let me keep hoping Shenmue III will one day come to Xbox, even if it has been ruled out for now.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
jesusnekuk.jpg

Last edited:

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Phew, that's a whole lot of absolutely fantastic additions!

I might try one or the other of those. Excited for the conference tonight too :)

A few years ago I would not have thought that ms would be able to turn the ship around this much in the right direction!

Deleted member 57421

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
There are some games with this button. I hope Microsoft gives you a way to convert an Xbox Game Pass to a PC Games Pass later today.

s56b3EP.jpg

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Damn, this is exactly the kind of exposure Shenmue needs. The Xbox ecosystem is looking insanely appealing right now!

Seriously looking forward to what Microsoft has in store for the PC focused lineup.

There are some games with this button. I hope Microsoft gives you a way to convert an Xbox Game Pass to a PC Games Pass later today.

s56b3EP.jpg
It should be exactly the same thing. Game Pass has already technically been available on PC since launch.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Can't wait to see PC Gamepass details later today. I think I'm going to buy my first Xbox when the new one comes, the Gamepass and BC value just blows everything else away. Being able to play the same game on console and PC is very enticing now that they're doing it properly.

Chick3n

Nov 6, 2018
Added Metro, Tyranny and Battle Chasers to my queue on PC but they don't download yet.
Metro's downloading for me. I've got the preview Game Pass Ultimate and I'm also in the State of Decay PC store test if that matters?

It's a massive download so it'll be a while before I can try launching it. I downloaded Broforce as a smaller test and it worked fine.

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Damn, that's good. I just wish my Xbox didn't mess with me right now (online connection issues that is driving me crazy).

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Holy shit...

...and FUCK that I bought Battle Chasers two days ago...

Guess I should really stop buying games if I have Game Pass.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Wow. Many of those games I was planning to buy soon. Gamepass has made my Xbox purchase truly worth it and will make me never unsubscribe.

Can't wait to play Guacamelee 2 with my significant other. Moonlighter and Shenmue is a nice bonus.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Are all of those added (inc. Messenger) now or just those in the topic title?

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Multiple games dropped to PC Game Pass too, list courtesy of inertGrey:

Surviving Mars
Broforce
Hatoful Boyfriend
Hotline Miami
The Messenger

EDIT: Downloads don't seem to work yet. It's still unclear how the subscription works exactly. Editing the post.
Thanks for this.

Can confirm downloads are working for me, but I have Game Pass Ultimate. Seems it is indeed either an Ultimate subscription or separate PC Game Pass subscription needed.

Downloading Metro Exodus and Imperator Rome at the moment.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Really wanted to replay Shenmue. Not played it since the Dreamcast days. Added to Gamepass, it is just rude not too now.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for this.

Can confirm downloads are working for me, but I have Game Pass Ultimate. Seems it is indeed either an Ultimate subscription or separate PC Game Pass subscription needed.

Downloading Metro Exodus and Imperator Rome at the moment.

I don't have Ultimate and indeed I can not download - yet, anyway.

Erevador

Oct 25, 2017
Great opportunity for people who never had the chance to play Shenmue to finally catch up on it!