• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Shocker. Expected and I'm glad this is happening. The more time put into Shenmue 3 the better. With the re-release of Shenmue and Shenmue II it will give more people a chance to get into the series before the third game drops.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Considering how little they have showed, I was not expecting to see this game coming out this year, so I'm fine with it

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Yep, was expected. I don't mind at all as long as there's Shenmue III god dammit. Take all the time you need Suzuki-san (but not toooo much yeah..)

Get_crazy

Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god, I'm so shocked by this delay.

source.gif

arcticice

Oct 31, 2017
was it scheduled for 2018? i thought we were getting Shenmue HD this yer and Shenmue 3 in 2019

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
That honestly relieves me. With the HD remaster coming this year they don't have to rush it, and with Deep Silver helping them it can only mean good things to take more time.

Oct 27, 2017
You guys waited a decade for this game. Surely you can wait a few more months.

As for me I'll try to replay Shenmue I & II HD - I didn't really like the game at the time.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
It's fine. This thing never had a concrete release date in the first place, so I personally did not expect it this year.

Releasing when it's ready is the most important goal.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely no problem with that.

I do hope it doesn't mean the game is at risk of a cancellation though. Always worry after some Kickstarter horror stories.

This is Shenmue, though, and Deep Silver is backing it...

But yeah, no worries about the date. Just make sure it does safely release!

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
A message from Yu to all the backers:
"To all of our backers, we are very sorry for the delay. After much discussion with our partners, Deep Silver, we have concluded that extending the release will allow us to deliver Shenmue III at its best. We promise to use this time to improve the quality of Shenmue III.

We cannot thank you enough for your enduring support."

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah not really a surprise and it's for the best. With little showcased, a 2018 release seemed too tight. Good for them to take the extra time needed, although hopefully it is with a clear path

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this news will go down swimmingly.

Personally am I not surprised. What we have seen does not look like a game that is anywhere close to release.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this isnt surprising. Ive been happy with the updates as a backer but its been clear for a while it wont be ready this year. Would rather them take until 2020 if it means finishing it the right way. Take your time, Yu.