• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A few days ago Corey Marshall (English voice actor for Ryo Hazuki) posted a status on Facebook, and a fan asked him when VO recording for the English dub begins. Corey replied that currently the plan is for him to begin in late May.

cm2blankl9qvn.jpg

While it's possible things could slip, seems the intention is to begin recording ASAP.

EDIT: Please let me know if the image is appearing correctly, doesn't seem to show up on the post for me.

AlexCampy89

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Usually voice acting is done at a later stage of developement, so the game is out sooner than later.
I predict a 12/2018 or 01/2019 release date.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
I'm just imagining a Toast of London style scene where he just says "I see." several dozen ways

tsab

Nov 3, 2017
What's the usually timeframe needed for a game to release after the VO has been recorded? 8-10 months?
I feel the game is still 1 year off from release

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Man, am I super happy about Ryo's voice actor remaining the same. It has to! It's part of his charm.

I was afraid that he'd get Kiefer Sutherland-ifyed.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
What's the usually timeframe needed for a game to release after the VO has been recorded? 8-10 months?

possibly less. ideally the process would be one of the last things because all the other text would have needed to be edited. voiced text is going to be final final stuff. then testing/programming/mastering (which takes maybe 4 months prior to release). depending on how much voice work, it could be 1-2 months to handle everything. so an october or early november release would be pretty doable.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Usually when all game content is established and the full scope is realized. I have seen situations where the VA work is the last major step of development but I do not think that would be the case here.

I think a release this year is still very possible.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i want him to record all lines one day before launch
preferably very, very drunk

i have high standards for my Ryo voice acting