• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
mik_20171129_01thryv.jpg

YS Net revealed a new character in Shenmue III designed by Lakshya Digital. Ys Net also announced a collaboration with Lakshya digital as they'll help in introducing more characters.

Regarding the new character:
We gave a first look of this character earlier. You'll have to wait and see how she fits in with the temple in the background.

This is what Ys Net said about the collaboration:
Shenmue III will have a host of new, compelling characters from all walks of life.

And while we can't say just how many, it will be a lot! The game art studio Lakshya Digital will be cooperating with us to bring these great characters to life. Lakshya Digital is based in Gurgaon (one of India's financial and technology hubs) and has studios in Pune and Seattle, where production work for the game is underway.

Lakshya Digital working + strategy meeting

lakshya_pic_01-237x30cosqr.png

lakshya_pic_02-300x15qsshl.png

lakshya_pic_03-1024x62rso5.png

Last edited:

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing something?

Edit: The links were broken. Cool design, I wonder if it fits aesthetically with what we've seen so far.

Last edited:

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
The character looks good also it's good that the game is getting bigger after the collaboration with Deep silver

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Most big games have some art and assets outsourced to other studios around the globe. Good to see that they're doing that so they can focus on some of the bigger things.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Higher res:

mik_20171129_01thryv.jpg

Looks nice. Guessing the temple is in Choubu because of all the water.

Last edited:

MadeMan

Dec 3, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Mirroring what I said in the Shenmue community thread, the temples in the background of the new character picture look a bit like Aoi's stages from Virtua Fighter 5.
I might be drawing a long bow, but the outfit she's wearing looks kind of similar to one of Aoi's costumes too. It makes me wonder if this is another VF inspired character they're introducing to the game. I'd love to see someone fighting with Aikido using Aoi's move-set.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Mirroring what I said in the Shenmue community thread, the temples in the background of the new character picture look a bit like Aoi's stages from Virtua Fighter 5.
I might be drawing a long bow, but the outfit she's wearing looks kind of similar to one of Aoi's costumes too. It makes me wonder if this is another VF inspired character they're introducing to the game. I'd love to see someone fighting with Aikido using Aoi's move-set.
Hey! I had the same thought when I saw that screenshot.

gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
If that's in-game, I'd say the visuals seem to be shaping-up nicely compared to earlier footage.

Oct 28, 2017
Lol what ?
At worst, it'll be an ugly game. Heck it may even be a bad game. But at least it's releasing. A scam is when you receive nothing and people leave with the money.

I hope they do release it in the future but I still believe they scammed people by manipulating the nostalgia that the series holds in gamer's hearts and as a return, developing what I would call a PlayStation 3 looking game.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
One of the biggest scams of the 21st century.
Lol get out of here with this.

As for the OP: I've never heard of this company, but it's cool they are revealing partners. It is a small morsel of information, but at least they are showing something. Can't really say anything about the character, as it looks pretty standard.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they do release it in the future but I still believe they scammed people by manipulating the nostalgia that the series holds in gamer's hearts and as a return, developing what I would call a PlayStation 3 looking game.
Considering the original Shenmue got up to somewhere around 70 million dollars in budget, I think most fans realize that Shenmue III is going to be a small, tight-budgeted game. Most people just want to play the story. Myself included. If it's a 2008 era PS3 title visually, then it's not really a scam, because they didn't promise groundbreaking visuals.

Oct 28, 2017
Considering the original Shenmue got up to somewhere around 70 million dollars in budget, I think most fans realize that Shenmue III is going to be a small, tight-budgeted game. Most people just want to play the story. Myself included. If it's a 2008 era PS3 title visually, then it's not really a scam, because they didn't promise groundbreaking visuals.

Fair enough but I still believe they weren't as transparent as they should be. Yu Suzuki should not have posted those kickstarter goals where an extra $100,000 would result in a new move set. That's utterly ridiculous.

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
this picture is weird, the rock on the left looks damn real compared to the rest. Design of the girl is nice though.

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda hoping this game enters the "so bad it's good" territory.

So far I've seen nothing but goofy art come out of this project.

OP
OP
Sir Guts

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
As for the OP: I've never heard of this company, but it's cool they are revealing partners. It is a small morsel of information, but at least they are showing something. Can't really say anything about the character, as it looks pretty standard.
They created art for many games like Bloodborne and Uncharted 2. Here's the list:
We has created art for over a hundred game titles including hugely successful ones such as Bloodborne, Just Cause 3, WWE 2K16, Uncharted 2, Farmville and Cityville.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell are you talking about?

The game is a scam because they asked for money to create an ugly game? Really?

You know that all the difficulties about developing this game have nothing to do with graphics, tech and all that, right? If you don't then at least try to get informed before talking nonsense.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
PS3 level graphics? Awesome!

I donated over a grand to the KS and I would be ecstatic if it ends up being about PS3 level graphics. That's pretty much what I expect from what's essentially gonna be an indie to AA game at best. I think you are underestimating how knowledgeable people who donated are. We went into this knowing full well what to expect.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it looks that bad, but oh well... never cared much for graphics anyway.

I hope SEGA releases a remaster, because I want to play this franchise. Come on!

Oct 28, 2017
I donated over a grand to the KS and I would be ecstatic if it ends up being about PS3 level graphics.

I don't mean to sound rude, but you spent $1000 on Shenmue 3 and being given a game with the graphical fidelity of a PS3 game isn't a scam, then I don't know what is. Its fine to disagree with me, but I believe Shenmue 3 should not have been kickstarted the way it did.

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
It is slated for 2018 but nothing official on which quarter at least
Yu said second half of 2018, so I guess that's anywhere between June and December.

More work has been done on the game than has been shown so far, so benefit of the doubt for now.

Still could slip to 2019 given the scope of Deep Silver funded expansion Yu detailed at Gamescom, which would be kind of appropriate given 2019 is the 20th anniversary of the series.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean to sound rude, but you spent $1000 on Shenmue 3 and being given a game with the graphical fidelity of a PS3 game isn't a scam, then I don't know what is. Its fine to disagree with me, but I believe Shenmue 3 should not have been kickstarted the way it did.
I don't think you know what the definition of scam is.

If i went into this thinking that it'd have state of the art graphics because they led me to believe that (which they haven't) and then got PS3 level graphics then yeah that's a scam. That's not what's happening.

Cool that you don't believe it should have been kickstarted. Hopefully you didn't back it because that's your prerogative. Calling it a scam for people who did though is just stupid.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Facial structure looks similar to the high quality renders from the original games. Not sure about the hair but overall I like it.