• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
That looks fantastic. They're really nailing a great middle way between the small town feel of the first game with the alienation of a foreign culture in the second.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Better get my positive comment in before the usual suspects come and shit all over the thread as always.

AMAZING! This is exactly what I expected a modern Shenmue to look like. Can't wait to play it.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
That looks fantastic. They're really nailing a great middle way between the small town feel of the first game with the alienation of a foreign culture in the second.

That's the vibe i'm getting. I prefer Shenmue 2 over the original, but the atmosphere in the original is amazing and is the one thing I felt the sequel lacked. Just that small town feeling where you get to know every nook and cranny of the world.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Wish this would've came out on August. I'd love to get it on release but it comes too close to Death Stranding :/

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks nice. Interested to see how much they stick to the old games way of having everything accessible.

ParsnipForest

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
The vivid colours are so SEGA it warms the heart, and the way the palette changes based on weather and time of day...it's everything I'd hoped for in Shenmue III.

Also the music was incredible.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
The colour palette, the environments, the NPCs, the atmosphere during different times of day - they've captured the essence of the original games so, so well.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
There's still something slightly off about the lighting in the daytime that throws me off -- not sure what it is. I'll get used to it though.

Nighttime looks pretty damn good.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
The NPCs are starting to look pretty good, especially for the budget.

According to Yu Suzuki there are 481 unique NPCs. That's Shenmue alright.

More than 140 shops with unique items too. Exploration is going to be a treat!

ParsnipForest

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It almost felt like spoilers having such lengthy swing-throughs of the environments but hey, I'm literally going to be playing the backer demo soon so what the heck. Media blackout starting in November for me.

breakYODAy

Oct 25, 2017
Looks absolutely amazing. I'm totally sold on this being the game I've hoped for. Big props to the dev team.

master15

Nov 28, 2017
Absolutely beautiful and really captures the feeling of the original Shenmue games. Th trailer harkened back to some of the earlier media from first two games, with lots of fly buy shots of the environment and settings.

I can't wait for this.

darksniper

Sep 18, 2018
11/19/19 Im all in. Shenmue 3 is looking phenomenal! Environments are n point and it has that classic Sega look to it. Hype level 1000

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful! I'm amazed how much the visuals feel like the first two games now.

Sep 28, 2018
This feels like home. I know the game will have a certain amount of jank. But I'm so, so in for a game I've waited almost 2 decades for.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Certainly looks and sounds like a Shenmue game at this point. Those two areas are just oozing with that Shenmue atmosphere. Looks pretty nice for a game with such a grand scope and limited budget. Cannot wait to jump in and experience the game in November, time to start looking at doing my Shenmue replays in prep.

They also released the last trailer with the Japanese dub:

So much better than the English dub, especially the arcade kid.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
This looks great.
I kinda want an option to compress the audio so it sounds like the older games

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
The rainy day in the street was the highlight. I don't think we had seen this kind of atmosphere yet. Beautiful.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
This looks and feels just like Shenmue should. The last couple trailers along with some amazing in-depth previews are getting me really excited for this. One of the best things about Shenmue is exploring and finding secrets and it's going to be awesome to do this in these new areas.