• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
03085347823s.jpg

Minimum

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.4GHz) Quad-core or Better
Memory: 4GB
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 650 Ti 2GB or better
API: DirectX 11
Storage: 100GB
Network: Broadband Connection Required
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

Recommended

Processor: Intel Core i7-7700 (3.6GHz) Quad-core or Better
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 1070 or better
API: DirectX 11
Storage: 100GB
Network: Broadband Connection Required
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

Shenmue 3 is set to release on November 19th on PC and PlayStation 4 .

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
Rec specs seem a bit less conservative than I was expecting. My 1070 and 5820 only just make it :/

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I thought the 100 GB thing was already known a while ago. I guess they don't know the actual filesize yet and it'll be smaller closer to release.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game certainly doesn't look particularly good so those requirements are quite something. 100GB is insane, not even the recent enormous Assassin's Creed games go to those sizes.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Game certainly doesn't look particularly good so those requirements are quite something. 100GB is insane, not even the recent enormous Assassin's Creed games go to those sizes.

Lot of unique textures and objects. The recent enormous Assassin's Creed games relies on a lot of common assets. Shenmue I back then, despite not being a huge game in term of map size, was still on 3 GD Rom. Shenmue II was on 4 GD Roms. If Shenmue III is indeed of a bigger scale than Shenmue II, even though the characters visual fidelity might be subpar... that's still a lot of voices data, textures, objects and such.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine you can run it just fine on lower specs, they're just vague guesswork generally.

100GB is unsurprising in todays age with anything that has a lot of big audio files.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
When you don't have to compress assets to fit on a GD-ROM you can go hog-wild

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I don't do much PC gaming, is it normal/usual for companies to over-state the requirements? Does that happen? Is there any chance it's NOT 100 GB?

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Ya the 100 GB thing has been know about for at least a year or so now, but I am one of those people that thought that would eventually go down in file size through optimization and by compressing the file size.

It could just be me but I have noticed that there are some Japanese titles that's do a rather bad job of compressing the file size and that the PC version could be almost 20GB smaller in size without actually affecting the game (I think Nier A and Nioh were some examples of this, if you had a decent CPU).

Did they mention if everything was going to be rendered in real time? If not then is at least 20GB or so of this file size just FMVs? Or it's mostly uncompressed audio (I remember Titanfall 1 on PC was 50GB in total for the base game and that was because about 25GB of the game was uncompressed, raw audio files)

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
I don't do much PC gaming, is it normal/usual for companies to over-state the requirements? Does that happen? Is there any chance it's NOT 100 GB?

Some do but, but rarely do they ever mentioned anything close to 100GB in file size at least (and even then most of the time it's because 50GB or something is 4K texture files, that are optional to download in the form of DLC)

LaTasse

Nov 7, 2017
16go of RAM and a GTX 1070 in the recommended setup? That's a lot for a crappy looking game

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
The spec requirements are generally over-stated so people can't point the finger at the specs and say it should run well on their system when it doesn't run/well.
The storage capacity can be less or more sometimes, some give accurate figures others just round it up.
However, the storage space size is usually one of the closest to the truth.

SheepheadCG

Feb 27, 2018
Kinda confused why this is being bought up now? We have had the minimum PC Spec since June 28th 2018 and people commented on the 100GB disc space back then lol. They were originally sent out in Kickstarter update #84, and have been on every single update email since then.
The recommended Specs were added in update #102 when they revised them to include the "Requires Epic Game Store to Activate".

In regards to the 100GB, I believe that the PS4 PSN version requires a 26GB download, so unless PC is getting a HD Texture pack, or something similar then I'd guess it's just not upto date and is placeholder still.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
100GB is ridiculous. I can't imagine this game having the content to fill that unless all the audio is lightly compressed and the textures are all 1K

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Textures ussually don't take this much space not even in idtech games with megatexturing so that's probably not it, maybe there are a lot of prerendered cutscenes and audio files in different languages (with bad compression).

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
That's just too much.. is that for 4k? the game doesn't even look that good both visually and physically