• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

DjqCk63XcAIzRSZ

Shenmue fans, finally can talk about this. The Shenmue rerelease is getting a collector's edition in Japan for PS4 only. No collector's edition outside of Japan.
Apparently there is a reason why this isn't available outside of Japan but he isn't able to go into more detail. Maybe it's just the music rights or something.

Still, if anyone wants it, here is a link to the page in Amazon JP.

Last edited:

Suzuki Yu

Oct 25, 2017
Jeddah
worth noting that the Soundtrack contain some unreleased pieces of music including (for the first time) a whole disc for SII.
i will place my pre-order today for sure... the cover art alone is tempting enough.

Last edited:

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
It's more like a first print edition. In Japan many PS4 titles have them.

Bloodborne, for example
tumblr_nn6ec9Pcte1s7c5l3o1_1280.jpg

or Gravity Daze 2
tumblr_ookanyc6zM1s7c5l3o1_1280.jpg

Also I prefer limited edition like this over collector's edition with figurines and other junk.

Last edited:

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered immediately... I can't have too many versions of these games.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I was angry for a second then realised how shit that CE looks lol
Honestly I see it as a good thing. As long as we're not getting snubbed like the US did with Bayonetta 2 Climax Edition.
Thanks for the link; do you know if they charge immediately or do they wait until shipping time like US Amazon?
Shipping time. I've used Amazon JP before.
Will this have English?
According to the person who posted this originally, it does not.

Last edited:

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
I still don't get why Sega did not release a Shenmue Soundtrack collection that contains all the tracks for both games.

Even when they released the first OST, tons of tracks were not included.

And Shenmue II, did not have a soundtrack release whatsoever.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
That link is for the Amazon-Edition that comes with some wallpapers for PC & phones and won't drop in price.

Rather order this version, which is the "normal" limited edition and will be ~25% off in a couple of days.
Thank you for this! I'll update the OP.

Amazon JP still confuses me with all the extra stuff they add sometimes.

Deleted member 2328

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's more like a first print edition. In Japan many PS4 titles have them.

Bloodborne, for example
https://78.media.tumblr.com/a1b8721cdbcbf9753d4de29124b38bd1/tumblr_nn6ec9Pcte1s7c5l3o1_1280.jpg

or Gravity Daze 2
https://78.media.tumblr.com/46e658fcaee05ae2bee18c0ca637b690/tumblr_ookanyc6zM1s7c5l3o1_1280.jpg

Also I prefer limited edition like this over collector's edition with figurines and other junk.

Yeap, this type of edition seems to be getting very popular in Japan. I wish I had pre-ordered the Japanese edition of the Last Guardian.

6P5Ju1uh.jpg

SEGA already did it for Sonic Mania.

doMKEsS.png

Last edited:

shade

Oct 27, 2017
According to the person who posted this originally, yes it does have English sub and dub.
Is that sure ? IGN Japan already stated that the JP PS4 ver. doesn't contain english dub, unlike the western version :
"国内PS4版の音声は日本語だけだが、海外版は日本語と英語の両方のボイスから選べる。"
And it wouldn't surprise me to learn that it doesn't even contain EN text.

Oct 30, 2017
Considering how fortunate we are that S1 and 2 are even seeing the light of day again, I'm not upset about not getting this outside Japan.

Deleted member 32804

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Not sure why people are taking shots at the artwork. Also, are we sure this will definitely have English language option? Not like it matters, as the regular edition is coming out so soon and this version isn't out until November.

At any rate - ordered. I have to support this series dammit.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Is that sure ? IGN Japan already stated that the JP PS4 ver. doesn't contain english dub, unlike the western version :
"国内PS4版の音声は日本語だけだが、海外版は日本語と英語の両方のボイスから選べる。"
And it wouldn't surprise me to learn that it doesn't even contain EN text.
Yeah I edited my post just to be sure not to disappoint people. Thank you for letting me know!

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
This came out November 22nd in Japan. Does anyone have it, and is it pre-patched?

I'd love to see some pictures of the limited edition!

Deleted member 9650

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
@wario64 has it. He posted a pic on his twitter.
I ordered it but unfortunately won't get my hands on it until xmas :)