Shenmue I & II HD |OT| Like a polished mirror

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone planning to replay I & II after finishing III? :)
I too loved S3. Very tempted to go back to 1 & 2 during the holiday. Will probably go through 1 at least because I kind of rushed it when I played it for the first time last christmas. I wanna plat all 3 games just to get more out of the experience.

Oct 30, 2017
Nearly finished II, enjoyed my time in HK and Kowloon, some nice nostalgic moments but my God I DETEST this getting to Bailu Village bollox.

Thank god its nearly over.

Then on to SIII in the new year.

yuhr33

May 19, 2018
I bought both Shenmue I and II on PS4 because I’ve always been intrigued by this series.

I went in knowing virtually nothing about the story, the gameplay mechanics—nada.

I’m playing through the first game right now and I just finished the part where you’re trying to find Charlie and after the first fight sequence.

I have no idea what this game is supposed to be. But I’m completely enamored with whatever it is.

The movement mechanics are beyond clunky, it’s like trying to move around in a dream or something. Is the third game like this as well? Just curious. Doesn’t bother me, but it is strange to say the least.

I suppose the game is trying to teach me where things are, because a lot of what I’ve done so far has to do with finding a specific building or a specific person in a very same-y looking small town with hostile passers-by and very kind store owners. It’s weird. The game definitely makes sure you know who to avoid talking to because they’re just so mean.

I am absolutely loving it so far. I think because it was clearly made with a lot of love and the game oozes charm—intentional or not.

It would be great if these were on Switch as well. Seems like a perfect fit.

Descendant

Nov 2, 2017
I bought both Shenmue I and II on PS4 because I’ve always been intrigued by this series.

I went in knowing virtually nothing about the story, the gameplay mechanics—nada.

I’m playing through the first game right now and I just finished the part where you’re trying to find Charlie and after the first fight sequence.

I have no idea what this game is supposed to be. But I’m completely enamored with whatever it is.

The movement mechanics are beyond clunky, it’s like trying to move around in a dream or something. Is the third game like this as well? Just curious. Doesn’t bother me, but it is strange to say the least.

I suppose the game is trying to teach me where things are, because a lot of what I’ve done so far has to do with finding a specific building or a specific person in a very same-y looking small town with hostile passers-by and very kind store owners. It’s weird. The game definitely makes sure you know who to avoid talking to because they’re just so mean.

I am absolutely loving it so far. I think because it was clearly made with a lot of love and the game oozes charm—intentional or not.

It would be great if these were on Switch as well. Seems like a perfect fit.
Glad you are enjoying it. The more you play the first game the better it gets. Shenmue II is the pinnacle of the series for me, hopefully you continue making progress!