• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They can have my money the moment they let me pre-order this. I backed the S3 Kickstarter for $150 I'm fuckin DOWN for this.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_n4h1zjwLZO1skasmxo2_r1_400.gif

haklong

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so happy I get to play these games again without having to drag out the Dreamcast. That theme song man....

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I replayed the games a few years ago. Still pretty good to me. Probably helps that I played them back in the day too.

Can't wait to play them again.

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
..for real? unfollowing

...how is trying to warn ya'll it doesn't seem likely equate "upset"? i'm a shemue fan since in the day, of course i want more people playing it - i'm saying, don't get your feelings hurt if and when it doesn't show for a platform with no announcement and not a lot of reason to port to
Cool. I'll save this post.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
I mean, the same arguments could work for VC as well and not only xbox got revolution but its getting VC4 as well, and this is a game that had no previous history with the platform

sega seems way more open to ports now. yakuza is too heavily associated with japan and playstation to be ever ported and id never expect it, but shenmue is different.

you've got a point with VC there, but doesn't it seem weird to you to say that yakuza is too heavily japan-centric, but shenmue isn't? granted, only 1 took place there, but clearly most folks only played that one (sadly)

Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy for not caring that they didn't do much to the visuals?

It has a charm to it.

Idk. I never played these games before.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Havent played Shenmue since i had my dreamcast. Good to see, the assets still actually hold up decently well even at HD resolutions

Now all i need is a budget release of VF5 on PS4 with online support, doesnt need to be anythin fancy

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
This gives me hope Shenmue III might actually make it's 2018 target. Sega wouldn't be releasing this in 2018 unless it's the same year 3 comes out.
Within a six month margin of error. I thought they might bring Yu Suzuki in for this announcement, but it's more likely he's currently chained to his desk working like crazy.

Yeah, wow that looks bad. Expected them to give it the Kiwami treatment at least.
If you expected a remake, you have no idea about SEGA's history with Shenmue.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Does this mean for the Kickstarter, Shenmue 3 might get an a Xbox One port?

Given that Shenmue 2 (I think) has a short history on the originals Xbox, I'm actually inclined to get the Xbox version of this Remaster. And also it'd contrast nicely with my Yakuza games on Playstation.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Man xbox X enhanced release of Gears 2, and RDR, and now this. It's been a great week!

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean for the Kickstarter, Shenmue 3 might get an a Xbox One port?

Given that Shenmue 2 (I think) has a short history on the originals Xbox, I'm actually inclined to get the Xbox version of this Remaster. And also it'd contrast nicely with my Yakuza games on Playstation.
Xbox will probably get Shenmue III when Sony's console exclusivity runs out.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It makes sense consindering Shenmue 3 on the horizon. You can't expect that game to do well when it's been 17-18 years since the last game and there is a whole generation of actual adults that have most likely never played the games before. Drumming up hype through this re-release is a no brainer. Yakuza reminiscence style clips can only go so far.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Cool. I'll save this post.

CEoc23E.jpg

Nothing is going to look good when Giant Bomb are at the controls. :P

It definitely has issues and is an acquired taste, but that was a terrible playthrough of the game. You had Alex constantly shitting on everything and getting Vinny to rush through stuff that could have saved them a lot of time down the road.

thank you, that was not a good playthrough

Lol people beg for these for a decade and people are already whining about the graphics

haha, yeah
you shoulda seen the whining when jet grind radio HD dropped
WHAT ARE THESE CONTROLLLLS

Skies of Arcadia be next!!

god i wish, that ship may have sailed when Jet Grind & NiGHTS HD sold like butt years back, i kept reading skies was next on deck

Status
Not open for further replies.