• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if 2 will be based on the Xbox version?? It was exclusively dubbed just for the Xbox. It also had many enhancements over the DC version.

I still have my copy!
sgdvb3w.jpg

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
This is the definitive version of these all-time classics and will be the best Shenmue experience to date. The re-release will stay true to the originals with modernised features including fully scalable screen resolution, choice of modern or classic control schemes, PC graphics options, an updated user interface and the option to enjoy either the original Japanese or English voiceovers.

Oct 28, 2017
Shenmue, 1 especially had a lot of issues that would be even more pronounced in todays market. Hopefully they do a lot more than just a port and add some QoL improvements, otherwise Shenmue 3 sales are going to tank hard.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sega was dead to me when these came out so I never got to see what the big deal was. I guess now I'll be able to, but I'd rather rent them just in case. Don't want to potentially waste my money.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Shenmue 2 is a port, id rather have MS handle the X version, from what we (not sure how accurate the video was) saw it didnt look as good as MS BC effort could be. Would expect 4k/60 at least.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
This is the definitive version of these all-time classics and will be the best Shenmue experience to date. The re-release will stay true to the originals with modernised features including fully scalable screen resolution, choice of modern or classic control schemes, PC graphics options, an updated user interface and the option to enjoy either the original Japanese or English voiceovers.

I can sleep now. Nice

Oct 25, 2017
Can you believe that those games were locked to Dreamcast and OG Xbox respectively for all this time?

My goodness.

(I do own both games already, but me and the six other people who do obviously are in the minority!)

zarathusta

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
I tried to play them on an emulator and could not get into it looking forward to playing them on modern systems

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Holy moley. They finally did it, huh.

I guess it's time for me to see if these games live up to the hype.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Holy crap.

These are the two first games I can actually remember playing as a kid. I remember sitting on the floor and completing the second game with that ending asking my dad when 3 was coming out.

OP
OP
Y2Kev

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Shenmue fans have endured so much. It's just so right we're finally getting our due.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Am I dreaming? Am I on a trance and I'm just gonna wake up and this isn't going to exist?

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
YEEEES!!!! I want to say "about time", but I'm just glad they finally announced it after years of years of years of just rumors that it might be happening. My old love is coming back and I couldn't be more happy.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
After more than 15 years Shenmue 1 and 2 landing on Playstation platform? This is some awesome news.... I hope the ports, hd versions, or whatever.. are good.

Animekatt

Oct 25, 2017
I've only watched my bro play these games once upon a time. Now I will most definitely play these with my boyfriend on the PS4. Can't wait!

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Lets hope for:

• Remastered graphics and sound
  • Both English and Japanese language tracks

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy how it took this long for it to finally happen. There were Shenmue HD rumors back in like 2011. Regardless, it's another must-buy title for me this year... can finally finish Shenmue 2 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.