• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
This is the definitive version of these all-time classics and will be the best Shenmue experience to date. The re-release will stay true to the originals with modernised features including fully scalable screen resolution, choice of modern or classic control schemes, PC graphics options, an updated user interface and the option to enjoy either the original Japanese or English voiceovers.

Oh for real? The trailer I saw looked like the Dreamcast version and that was it. I was worried. Is this a blurb from somewhere official. If so.. YESSSS! YES MOTHERFUCKING YES SO HAPPY.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Wow. Never thought it'd happen. I watched the Game Informer Super Replay of it a few weeks back and honestly I cannot wait to revisit some of that game, especially the 70-man battle.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
If the video was what its going to look like, it's definitely not a remaster.
Yes, it is. Developers have really screwed up the term "remaster" calling their revamps of Crash, SotC, etc recently. It's the games running in higher resolutions and widescreen, that's what a remaster is suppose to be.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
Shinmu 1&2 has to be released several months before Shenmu 3. Then I believe Shenmu 3 will be a 2019 game. (It was supposed to be a late 2017 game).

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
which yakuza game ever get a xbox port for the situations to be comparable in any sense

But I don't recall any yakuza ever on xbox or PC...but yet, the HD remakes are and 3 is published by deep silver.

So, yes. I do think it's coming.

that's the point, y'all - shenmoo 2 came to xbox as part of a early deal with some of their dreamcast ports going over: panzer orta, crazy taxi 3, toejam & earl 3, jet set radio future etc...they bombed, and that was the end of that

yakuza had no such deal (even went to Wii-U once) and didn't happen, partly because sony's relationship with that team & partly because (i imagine) japanese gaming seems kinda dead on XB1

so here's a game that sony went to bat marketing & we're not even sure what else...and you think it's gonna port over? based on what? might as well just get it on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.