• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mzo

Nov 30, 2017
WERE YOU THERE ON THE DAY
WHEN THE RAIN TURNED TO SNOWWWWW

What are the chances of the Shenmue Passport software being included?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
anyone playing with japanese audio is not getting the full shenmue experience

eglish VA is a work of art

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
The graphics in the trailer really bring back memories of the Dreamcast era. Too bad this isn't a remake/

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
GlisteningLiveGallowaycow-max-1mb.gif

God as great as that Shenmue CD is I wish the FREE music had made it there. Do they exist at all uncompressed?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
that's the point, y'all - shenmoo 2 came to xbox as part of a early deal with some of their dreamcast ports going over: panzer orta, crazy taxi 3, toejam & earl 3, jet set radio future etc...they bombed, and that was the end of that

we just had confirmation of the I-II collection being ported. it's far from "the end of that"
i'm not saying its a lock. but its way more plausible than yakuza so the comparison made no sense

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Time to see what the hype is all about I guess.

Sega better get to work on Skies of Arcadia after this one.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Nice to see they finally announced this, though I'm actually surprised anyone is surprised by the announcement. Everyone should have known this was coming from the day that the Shenmue III kickstarter was funded.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Finally. Would be great if they could include the japanese dub as an extra. Heard peeps saying the japanese Ryo shows much more emotion. Would like to experience that myself when i replay the game. Either way i'm happy we finally got a remaster.

FUCKING MEGATON LET'S GO

NICE

Nice indeed.

DAREALGUMMY

Oct 25, 2017
I say this as a big Shenmue fan: You had to be there.
Kind of has a point. Hopefully with better controls, it can still be enjoyed by people who never played it. I suspect a lot of people will be unimpressed by the semi open world when newer games have obviously done things better since it came out. Just keep in mind, that was nearly 20 years ago.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
This gives me hope Shenmue III might actually make it's 2018 target. Sega wouldn't be releasing this in 2018 unless it's the same year 3 comes out.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
we just had confirmation of the I-II collection being ported. it's far from "the end of that"
i'm not saying its a lock. but its way more plausible than yakuza so the comparison made no sense

hey, you could be right - i just meant that yakuza had 0 constraints that i think shemue 3 will with sony's input, is all
the perception of the market not being there doesn't help, and we've seen efforts to cut corners on stuff perceived niche (in terms of porting) for ages now

by all means, i'd love to be wrong & have more folks play it, i'm just saying i'd not bet heavy on it

Status
Not open for further replies.