• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Ryo Hazuki

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame this is only accessible to backers, I'd love to play it anyway

A lot of people will get this as it's for those who backed at $100 and above. Many of those people are PS4 players who do not have gaming PC's. I'm not sure on the logistics on whether it will be a EGS code or not, but if that's the case you can expect a lot of unused codes in the wild. If it can be used by anyone expect a lot of backers gifting theirs away or them being sold on ebay at high prices I guess lol.

Kinn

Oct 28, 2017
After all these years...to finally play some new Shenmue. Dream(cast) come true!

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
With the trial I just want to see if the atmosphere and "feel" is spot on. Don't care about anything else just need that Shenmue feel.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree. Everyone here is more worried about the refunds, rather than wanting to celebrate the return of a game we all had to bury almost 20 years ago. :(
they did it to themselves with the egs announcement. They basically killed any enthusiasm for the game because of it. I don't feel bad about it at all because it was their choice.

OP
OP
Ryo Hazuki

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
So double win for us, backers?

Yeah, choosing digital PC or physical PC will give you the option to also have a Steam key when it releases there which is great:

Version Availability

a. PC Physical: Package (Disc) + EGS Key

b. PC Digital: EGS Key

c. PS4 Physical: Package (Disc)

d. PS4 Digital: PSN Voucher Code

*If selecting either the PC Physical or PC Digital version, an option to also receive a Steam key one year later will be available. Backers must manually select this option in the survey to receive the Steam key.

I can't wait for this game to come out. Every iteration of the game we see looks better and better and the devs are really doing their best to make it a true Shenmue game. There's nothing quite like Shenmue and I can't wait to jump in to the demo and get that feeling from the world all over again. No amount of bullshit is going to change that and judging by retail pre-orders ranking high and Collector Editions selling out I'm not the only one. :)

SheepheadCG

Feb 27, 2018
Such an amazing update. A modern Shenmue 3 version of the original "What's Shenmue?" Demo. Actually pretty crazy that they are giving us ~1 hour of objects to do. It really is going to be a experience starting this up for the first time. All these years of waiting and we are now getting so damn close. Couldn't be more happy really! Perfect! Now bring on Gamescom!

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
We know. It's coming as mentioned in the update. :)
Great. Can't believe myself that this is what are replies are looking like in a thread talking about opportunity to get a taste of a new shenmue. Wish it would have been different but in a year all of us will be happy i'm sure

OP
OP
Ryo Hazuki

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Such an amazing update. A modern Shenmue 3 version of the original "What's Shenmue?" Demo. Actually pretty crazy that they are giving us ~1 hour of objects to do. It really is going to be a experience starting this up for the first time. All these years of waiting and we are now getting so damn close. Couldn't be more happy really! Perfect! Now bring on Gamescom!

It's kind of making me want to re-play What's Shenmue lol. I love all the little random differences from the main game. A few are listed in Wiki articles like this one. It will be fun to come back to this demo and see what's different from final release in the future.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a very long road to get to this point. I still remember reading the kikizo article about Shenmue 3 being real in 2005 (debunked) and got super excited and then ultimately disappointed. Who would have thought that I would have to wait until the end of 2019 to play Shenmue 3.

breakYODAy

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a very long road to get to this point. I still remember reading the kikizo article about Shenmue 3 being real in 2005 (debunked) and got super excited and then ultimately disappointed. Who would have thought that I would have to wait until the end of 2019 to play Shenmue 3.

I still remember the day that Kikizo article was published. I had a huge smile on my face and was celebrating. Ah well, at least the game is finally coming, 14 years later.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Just another nail in an already shut coffin for me. What a damn shame after I backed it for $300. Not going to besmirch anyone still looking forward to this, but I am so done and ready for my refund or to resell it if they deny me one.

Spikey

Banned
Jan 28, 2018
User banned (1 day): Inflammatory drive-by posting, account still in its junior phae.
OP on my ignore list now. *sigh*

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Wait what's this about getting an EGS and Steam key one year later?

Lee bout to be on that come up

stizz

Banned
Apr 12, 2019
Wait what's this about getting an EGS and Steam key one year later?

Lee bout to be on that come up

Yeah go to the kickstarter update that mentions it. But they did say regarding the pc version you choose you will be able to get egs key and when it releases a steam key. But certain you have to request you want the steam key.

Last edited:

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
The bourgeoisie have successfully turned the proletariat against itself yet again.

Your ire should be trained at the billionaires who have made a game of your games.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm in the minority of the people who post on video game message boards, which is the minority of people who play video games. Sorry. Neither of us matter that much in the scheme of Shenmue 3. I'll wait and see how the game is received upon release before I sign the Shenmue series' second death warrant.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
While I won't have access to the trial version I'll be excited to finally pick this up when it is released. I still remember picking up the first game on the Dreamcast and getting sucked into the game. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the minority of the people who post on video game message boards, which is the minority of people who play video games. Sorry. Neither of us matter that much in the scheme of Shenmue 3. I'll wait and see how the game is received upon release before I sign the Shenmue series' second death warrant.
I'm not saying the game is dead but I'm saying that pissing off your backers and dropping the ball isn't going to help the game.

Oct 30, 2017
index.php

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
I used a 360 controller for a couple of years and loved it until the cable connection got loose. Now I use an Xbox One controller. It's one of the newer ones where you can connect via Bluetooth without needing a dongle, and it's great to use with my Android phone as well.

Oct 30, 2017
I'm really excited they created an exclusive scenario for the trial. That's making me really look forward to this. In the past, I was fearful it'd just spoil the game.