• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Received an address confirmation from spiralgalaxygames.co.uk (from the behalf of fangamer) like 2 weeks ago.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
If they wait until the 18th to start sending these out in the US, Imma be mad.

Monday is a holiday, they will start to run out of time soon.

Watch them send it out via Media Mail.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
In-game backer rewards are done through a code system, so they should be available upon release from Fangamer.

If you mean the Day One pre-order bonuses, like 90% of them are consumables the player can earn normally through playing. They might even be included in backer copies? Jury is out whether backers automatically got bumped up to Day One copies seeing how the whole first printing seems to be that version.

The retail pre-order bonuses are apparently going to be made available as DLC at some point; but they're only like... one costume and a mid-tier move scroll.

So there is hope then? I hope so.

flattie

Nov 5, 2017
Got my email too. So close. I really really can't wait to get into this game and I suspect that it is going to be like putting on a comfy pair of slippers.

Got to say that delays have resulted in an alignment of the stars so to speak, with ROM finally shipping their Dreamcast: Collected Works around the same time that the game releases. An absolutely mouth watering accompaniment.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Just laying here at 4am, excited for Shenmue III. Really curious to explore the game in full, get a feel for the final build. Curious to see the different areas and how well they recreated China. Excited to return to 1987.

Im curious how much it will feel like dropping back into Ryo's journey. Interested to see what surprises their are. Really feels like a game that should have existed a long time ago, but now you get to explore it in greater clarity. Wonder how the old Shenmue tree is doing. Need go make sure the phoenix mirror is still in the inventory, see what state Shenhua is in. See if swords still float or Ryo's kung fu has gotten rusty any.

Should be a very fun return. Hope everyone else is as excited

Oct 30, 2017
It's hard to feel like I'm as excited as I would've been had it been announced when I was still a teenager and in high school, but I'm as excited for Shenmue 3 as I can be.

I hope anyone who is approaching this as a newcomer gives it a little time before writing it off, cuz if it's anything like Shenmue 1 or 2 you're in for a very unique experience that simply challenges most modern gaming conventions. If you like detailed worlds and taking your time, I'm sure you'll learn to love Shenmue. Even I, one of the most shameless Shenmue fanboys on this forum, struggled with the first game for a little while way back in the early 2000s. It took a little time to grow on me and then it just completely astounded me in so many ways.

"Dated" is just a matter of perspective. I'm bracing for a lot of negativity, but I am heartened to see the core fan base is thrilled with the demo and will probably love the final product.

Last edited:

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing here yet, but I won't mind getting it late as long as they'll send the digital codes on time

Anyway, JUST 8 MORE DAYS!

Edit: Got a message

Last edited:

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got my email today also. I backed for the $60 physical PS4 edition.

Some items in your order are coming soon via USPS.

We're currently preparing US-bound physical copies of Shenmue 3 for shipment! This email is to let you know that yours has been packed at our Tucson warehouse. (Your other reward(s) will be shipped separately later.)

This is your tracking number, which is currently inactive. Your package has not yet been shipped—it will be released into the postal system closer to release date.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to feel like I'm as excited as I would've been had it been announced when I was still a teenager and in high school, but I'm as excited for Shenmue 3 as I can be.

I hope anyone who is approaching this as a newcomer gives it a little time before writing it off, cuz if it's anything like Shenmue 1 or 2 you're in for a very unique experience that simply challenges most modern gaming conventions. If you like detailed worlds and taking your time, I'm sure you'll learn to love Shenmue. Even I, one of the most shameless Shenmue fanboys on this forum, struggled with the first game for a little while way back in the early 2000s. It took a little time to grow on me and then it just completely astounded me in so many ways.

"Dated" is just a matter of perspective. I'm bracing for a lot of negativity, but I am heartened to see the core fan base is thrilled with the demo and will probably love the final product.
I was replaying RDR 2, a game I love and the slow pace and believable characters in the camp, reminded me a bit of Shenmue. Probably a odd comparison lol.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca

Yikes. Time to go dark.

Shit just got real.

I'm not too concerned with stumbling upon spoilers too much since I generally avoid social media, but Youtube is the one thing I'm worried about. I've come dangerously close to having things spoiled for me through video titles alone, so I should probably start taking the necessary precautions to ensure that doesn't happen.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully mine will get here early. It would probably be my only chance to get a decent price for it.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
mine has not shipped yet. Either had my copy from limited run.

but I have a local copy pre ordered as I don't want to be late. Plus that kick ass steel book!

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Would have never believed it would be happening if you told me 5 years ago. Now it's nearly out.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
Truly can't believe the time is almost upon us! Also backed at $300 tier, no email yet.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yikes. Time to go dark.

UBxg8Ci.jpg

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
oh thx, but i never created a fangamer account, i only backed through kickstarter, how it works?
You automatically have a backer page on Fangamer, which is different from an actual Fangamer account.

Try digging through your emails with the account you backed the game with. You should find something from Fangamer that'll take you to your page.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I was replaying RDR 2, a game I love and the slow pace and believable characters in the camp, reminded me a bit of Shenmue. Probably a odd comparison lol.
Red Dead 2 in general has so much Shenmue in it like going through all the drawers/cabinets, the journal, viewing all the objects in your hand in first person, the feeling of the camps/towns, etc. I'm surprised people don't mention that more.