• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
I just received an email from Fangamer saying my physical copy of Shenmue III is shipping (though there's a typo in the body of the email as it refers to Bloodstained, which I never backed):

Some items in your order are coming soon via USPS.

We're currently preparing physical copies of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night for shipment! This email is to let you know that yours has been shipped from our Tucson warehouse. (Your other reward(s) will be shipped separately later.)

The tracking number for these items is:

Your items will arrive via local post. For issues regarding delivery, such as if an item is being held, please contact Canada Post.

These are the item(s) in this shipment:
Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Games × 1
Physical (Kickstarter Exclusive Case) / PS4 / North America
Shenmue 3 Kickstarter × 1
Shenmue III PS4 Slipcase

The status is at "Label Created, not yet in system" but I bet it'll get here pretty soon next week. Hyped!

UPDATE:

Here's the official info taken from Kickstarter update number 122:

Hello Everyone,

Reward delivery information is in, so please read on for details.

Game Fulfillment
PS4 (Physical / Digital) and Epic Games Store (Digital) games are scheduled for delivery on November 19th, however, there may be slight delays in certain cases.*

*Slight delays may occur depending on the following reasons: post office mail volume during the pre-holiday season; PS4 cross-region selections (PS4 backers who selected a region other than where they live); or areas that are experiencing uncertain or difficult delivery conditions.

PC Physical Packages & Disks
Due to production circumstances, PC physical packages and disks will not be delivered by November 19th. Epic Games Store product codes, including for PC physical backers, will be delivered through your survey from Fangamer, so PC physical backers will be able to play at release.

We apologize for this delay and will post and update once physical packages and disks are ready to ship.

PS4 Physical - Asia Region
Also due to production circumstances, Asian region PS4 physical copies will not be delivered by November 19th. We do not have an exact date for delivery of the Asian region PS4 physical copies, so we are providing digital download codes for applicable backers through the survey on the day of release. Physical disks will be shipped as soon as production is complete.

We are sorry for this inconvenience, but hope you will enjoy the digital version during the wait. An announcement will be made once physical disks are ready to ship.

Physical Rewards
As previously announced, physical reward production and shipping preparations are underway, however, some rewards will be shipped after the game release date.

Rewards to Ship at Game Release

The following rewards are scheduled for shipping arrival on, or soon after, November 19th.

*Please note that the game will be shipped separately from other physical rewards.

Illustration
Yu Suzuki Signed Illustration
Laser Engraved Crystal
Temple of the Blooming Flower Calligraphy
Vintage Grab Bag - Project Berkley
Vintage Grab Bag - Dragon's Don't Sleep
Vintage Grab Bag - Keep Those You Love

Rewards to Ship Post-Release

These rewards will ship after the game release date. All are in different stages of shipping prep and production, so we will have shipping updates for each when ready.

Physical CD Soundtrack
Physical Artbook
Shenmue III Official T-Shirt
Capsule Toys
Ryo's Jacket - Original
Ryo's Jacket - Replica
Ryo's Watch
Shenmue Script Set
Ryo Collectible Figure
Concept Character Bust

Digital Rewards

All digital rewards (including game codes) are scheduled for delivery on November 19th. Digital rewards will be claimed through the "Downloads and Download Codes" section of your survey provided by Fangamer. Fangamer will resend your survey access email for the release.

Official Website Name Credit

We are in the process of updating the official Shenmue III website with backer names based on recent survey responses. The backer credit page is scheduled to go up after the release date. An announcement will be posted here in the updates once the site is ready.

*Depending on refund and posting timing, some names of refunded backers may be listed.

In-Game Rewards

All in-game rewards are scheduled for delivery on November 19th. The in-game reward code will also be claimed through the "Downloads and Download Codes" section of your survey provided by Fangamer.

In-Game Reward Activation

Two codes are necessary to activate your in-game rewards. The first is the platform-side game code—either your PS4 voucher code or your Epic Games Store product code. The second code is your "Backer Code", which will be entered in the game. Codes are linked and both must be activated in order to unlock your in-game reward or reward pack.

Please follow the updates in the days ahead for more Shenmue III info. Thank you always for your continued support!

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I won't be getting the game, but man, Shenmue 3 is about to be out. On actual shelves. Woah.

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Since they are shipping from Arizona to Canada, looks like they are trying to make up for the extra distance and potential customs delays.

Haven't heard of a US backer getting a confirmation yet.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
It would be the perfect ending to this Kickstarter campaign if they actually sent out copies of Bloodstained instead of Shenmue.

"Oh, you wanted Shenmue III? Sorry, that game doesn't exist. Here, have Bloodstained instead."

*chef's kiss*

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Canada and I got this today too. Just last week I finished up my second Shenmue 1+2 HD playthrough this year. Positively stoked.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Never played shenmue, but shoutout the fans that waited so long for this

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe it's really almost here. Shenmue III. The myth. I'm actually going to be able to walk into a Gamestop and see that on a shelf. I still remember E3 2015 hitting me like a freight train. Michael Huber was definitely my spirit animal at the time.

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
i hope i can cram in another quick I+II playthrough before i get mine. Why is everything coming out at the busiest time, damn.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, this is almost out? Huh. Thought it was still a ways off for some reason.

Guess I'll need to get through 2 at some point seeing as I got it as part of the humble monthly thing.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
As a long time fan, the initial play session is going to be suspenseful, I took the risk by donating the kickstarter but I feel there's a nervousness or stigma with kickstarter failures. Going to be very happy for Yu Suzuki if at least the fans are happy with it.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This is the first and only game I have ever kickstarted, it has been a long five years but hopefully it is worth the wait.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing on my end up... I bought the Best Buy copy only for the steelbook, but will try and return it and then just pay for the bonus (usually a $14.99 item, but they don't always let you buy them separately).

I think the Limited Run Games versions were getting ready to ship as well.

AwesomeSauce

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like people in other countries are getting their copies ready to ship.

Since I'm in CA, I haven't received a shipping confirmation yet. But seeing that the warehouse is in Arizona, i have I high hopes that I'll get my copy on time or maybe a day early.

FYI for anyone who didn't get it, standard edition will be $35 on Black Friday at Best Buy

I'm tempted to pick up another copy just for the steelbook that best buy offers.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
What a weird timeline we live in. Shenmue and Shenmue II on Dreamcast, Shenmue III on PlayStation 4. My younger self would not believe this turn of events.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. No last minute delay either. It's finally coming. Won't be able to play it for a while despite being a backer, as I'm busy and have a list of games I want to play first, but I hope everyone enjoys.

EDIT: Just got the shipping confirmation email from Fangamer. It's happening, folks.

Last edited:

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Malaysian backer reporting
E-Mail Date: Sat; 9th Nov 2019
SHENMUE3-#

We're currently preparing physical copies of Shenmue 3 for shipment! This email is to let you know that yours has been shipped from our Tucson warehouse. (Your other reward(s) will be shipped separately later.)

Your items will arrive via local post.
Label Created, not yet in system

Shenmue III PS4 Slipcase
Doesn't mention the other physical items.
My gachapon is going to be in delay hell...

Last edited:

ParsnipForest

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Malaysian backer reporting
SHENMUE3-#

We're currently preparing physical copies of Shenmue 3 for shipment! This email is to let you know that yours has been shipped from our Tucson warehouse. (Your other reward(s) will be shipped separately later.)

Your items will arrive via local post.

Shenmue III PS4 Slipcase
Doesn't mention the other physical items.
My gachapon is going to be in delay hell...
It's only the game that's shipping so they can get them out to everyone at launch (or as close as possible). Physical rewards are being finalised and will come later, as with most Kickstarters will lots of physical rewards.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
I got the email too (Canada). I still can't believe this is happening, that this game is actually made.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Do you think they will provide the pre-order bonuses afetr release or that they will be unlockable in the game later?

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't gotten anything. Do you guys think i should email them ?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't gotten anything. Do you guys think i should email them ?
It has shipped to no one. They have created shipping labels on the last weekday of this week for a few countries outside of the US. Way too early to email them and no reason for concern. We are 10 days before the official release date.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It has shipped to no one. They have created shipping labels on the last weekday of this week for a few countries outside of the US. Way too early to email them and no reason for concern. We are 10 days before the official release date.
Sorry i should have clarified. I meant i haven't gotten an email yet. (I'm in the UK)

Spaghetti

Dec 2, 2017
Do you think they will provide the pre-order bonuses afetr release or that they will be unlockable in the game later?
In-game backer rewards are done through a code system, so they should be available upon release from Fangamer.

If you mean the Day One pre-order bonuses, like 90% of them are consumables the player can earn normally through playing. They might even be included in backer copies? Jury is out whether backers automatically got bumped up to Day One copies seeing how the whole first printing seems to be that version.

The retail pre-order bonuses are apparently going to be made available as DLC at some point; but they're only like... one costume and a mid-tier move scroll.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
It would be the perfect ending to this Kickstarter campaign if they actually sent out copies of Bloodstained instead of Shenmue.

"Oh, you wanted Shenmue III? Sorry, that game doesn't exist. Here, have Bloodstained instead."

*chef's kiss*

As someone who backed both games I would find that incredibly annoying

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I haven't given up hope

I'm still waiting on Future getting ported. Hopefully Phil Spencer continues his relationship with SEGA after Phantasy Star Online 2 and convinces them to make a new Jet Set and port the original and Future across.

Sorry i should have clarified. I meant i haven't gotten an email yet. (I'm in the UK)
Don't worry, we're all in the same boat (also from the UK). It might be certain countries have to ship earlier since the location of the warehouse it's shipping copies from might be far away to the destination, hence the early prep for them. For the UK, we have the warehouse based here, so it wouldn't need such an early prep time.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry, we're all in the same boat (also from the UK). It might be certain countries have to ship earlier since the location of the warehouse it's shipping copies from might be far away to the destination, hence the early prep for them. For the UK, we have the warehouse based here, so it wouldn't need such an early prep time.
Ahh. Thanks. ❤️