• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Staff post is back. This thread has made it folks.

The comments section on the kick starter page isn't kind right now.

///PATRIOT

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the outrage. What's the problem with playing shenmue with a different app launcher?
What's the problem with installing the epic launcher and play shenmue?

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Shouldn't ppl be more pissed at the devs than Epic in this situation? It seems like a huge middle finger to those that backed the game.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I asked for a PC verison but when I checked my account just now I found it was set to PS4, I feel like I dodged a bullet now.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
God damn it EGS. I was softening to you guys. I believed sweet lies. "Won't happen again" Was going to make a free account this week after E3. I mean yeah, exclusives suck but there are levels to this shit.

This is the shittiest level.

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
I'm sure they'll honor the stream backers by providing a epic code, but outside of exclusivity / money hatting shenanigans why is everyone upset over this? Just curious.

dyne

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I mean it's right on the purchase email:

Confirmation for Order SHENMUE3
  • What digital version of Shenmue III would you like?:
    Steam
sothatwasalie.gif

Is this not some kind of false advertising?

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
When it was announced and financed "years ago" (during the month of the Kickstarter campaign), it wasn't announced for Steam. Only "PC Version".

You can repeat a lie as many times as you want...but it won't become the truth.

yes somehow the only marketing that matters is the initial PR, literally nothing else that has been directly connected to Steam matters.

You want to keep playing your stupid semantic games?

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
You think I'm happy about it? I'm not. Have not bought a single game from them but they are buying up the exclusivity rights to many huge releases.
Please. What huge releases they have bought? Shenmue? People are already complaining how it looks. Microsoft isn't interested in EGS exclusivity. Larian said they wouldn't make BG3 exclusive to one store. Cyberpunk would never become EGS exclusive after the Thronebreaker fiasco in GOG. Bethesda is releasing their games in Steam again. EA and Activision are a big no. No Japanese developer or publisher has shown interest in EGS either.

At most, perhaps Ubisoft will continue with their shenanigans to promote Uplay and THQ. Maybe 2K, but doubt they would make one of their big titles an EGS exclusive. And indies that don't value their own product or are desperate for that Fornite money.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Now that we know it's exclusive, I will fully agree this was a dick move by the developers/publisher and I even though I don't care for the game - it looks honestly crap - I would agree that people should demand refunds.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
The developers of phoenix point (another crowdfunded game switching to EGS) said they got enough fuck you money to cover a 100% refund rate and still have money left

That's exactly it. Which indie studio wouldn't take the money if they were approached? It may sound absurd but Shenmue 3 needs it as bad as the other indies that went EGS exclusive. It will struggle selling.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Well as we learned with people upset about the bloodstained dlc. Kickstarter is not a pre-order system and it is subject to change.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel for those Steam owners who backed this game. But Epic you crazy sonsofbitches have done it again XD

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't ppl be more pissed at the devs than Epic in this situation? It seems like a huge middle finger to those that backed the game.

tenor.png

That's not how most fandoms work, even though you're correct.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Emailed Deep Silver asking for a refund. I am officially done with Kickstarter. I have backed 4 projects and all of them so far (bloodstained is yet to be seen) have been either letdowns or complete failures.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
While I'm not personally too interested in the game, I'd be pretty disappointed if I had backed it. The least they could do is provide DRM-free or Steam keys for backers who request it.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
I will definitely not bake anything anymore on kickstarter or fig.

Tired of this switcheroo bullshit.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Just a bummer all around. Talking about making 1-2 more games, but you kill goodwill like this. Hope epic will be funding those too.

Status
Not open for further replies.