• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why these deals don't just give backers Steam keys while doing the normal release on EGS..

because it's literally not as simple as switching launchers. I'm willing to bet this is why the delay in the first place, they have to actually strip out steam features now. Steam, the technology, deeply integrates into games.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Do we know what percentage of backers wanted the PC version? Would it even affect them much to offer refunds?
I'm guessing the majority of backers asked for the PS4 version.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Fuck this.

I'm changing my survey response to PS4 and offloading my game and KS rewards to someone else for cheap. At this point I'd rather just undercut a sale of this game out of spite.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Got a response from my Kickstarter message, skimmed the last few pages and didn't see it:
vsRGAQ5.png

Yikes.

Lawsuit?

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Not giving refunds is simply a really bad practice. Looks like they want their cake and eat it too.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
People personally blaming Yu Suzuki for this and calling him a scam artist are out of their minds.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I will get either a Steam copy of the game, or a full refund of my 60$. Somehow. I will do whatever I have to do with my bank to get my money back.

Oct 25, 2017
This is such bullshit. I paid for the $100 tier, knowing that I would get a Steam Key in the end.

I wouldn't have backed this for PS4, or if it is was coming to any other PC digital platform - GoG, Uplay, Origin, Windows Store, etc.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
If I am not wrong, some games who went EGS exclusive at the very last minute, gave backers or preorders a choice of a Steam key right?

I believe backers at the very least who trusted you and believed in the project should at least have a choice.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, retroactive to people who already purchased and no refunds. That isn't even burning the bridge. That's burning the bridge, its bridge parents, its bridge children, its bridge friends, its bridge dog and spitting on their watery graves.
Don't need bridges when you already got your cargo over them. *maniacal giggling*

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Got a response from my Kickstarter message, skimmed the last few pages and didn't see it:
vsRGAQ5.png
blablabbityblah fuck you no refunds blahbla best regards blah
Haha, oh wow.

Who's starting the class action? How does that even work? Can people not in the US join in? Let's do it though.
We were the greatest proponents of Shenmue, now we must fight it to death.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
No refunds is shitty. How hard is it not to piss everyone off and put that extra Epic cash to good use for once.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't see the problem. You're still getting the game. It's not like you have to pay for a sub to use the Epic Shop.

Oct 30, 2017
blablabbityblah fuck you no refunds blahbla best regards blah
Haha, oh wow.

Who's starting the class action? How does that even work? Can people not in the US join in? Let's do it though.
We were the greatest proponents of Shenmue, now we must fight it to death.
Im really not interested in destroying Yu Suzuki, so I'm sitting this one out. I just think it's sad all around. But remember what the actual outcome of this will be. He will be a pariah and you will never see another Shenmue game.

This thread is getting really dark. I am almost certain he had nothing to do with this decision.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
The Shenmue 3 E3 announcement back in 2015 meant a lot to me. It brought back my passion for gaming after an almost long decade of burnout that started with me on the 7th gen... now seeing all of this unfold is so depressing.... with the future of Shenmue looking so uncertain now, i'm beginning to lose my passion for games again. This might sound over the top but it's how i honestly feel. This sucks.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I did not back Shenmue 3 but I have until now refused to install or use EGS and no game will change that. Very sad as I have been hyped to play this. But I will never support EGS and will just have to do without any games that can only be gotten there.

Also, total dick move on their part. Requiring EGS when ppl chose Steam AND not offering refunds? That simply cannot be legal and gives me an even worse view of this whole situation :(

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
"We,'ve changed platforms and won't give your money back, and fuck you."

Amazing. I will never take anything Yu Suzuki seriously ever again. Complete clown.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
If I am not wrong, some games who went EGS exclusive at the very last minute, gave backers or preorders a choice of a Steam key right?

I believe backers at the very least who trusted you and believed in the project should at least have a choice.

Metro Exodus: Yes
Phoenix Point: Yes, but only after the year exclusivity IIRC and after getting LAID OUT
Shenmue: No, no refunds either, bite me, fuck it, fuck you, fuck everyone

I somehow doubt they will refund ~$280,000 since they've already started yelling, "No refunds!" but we'll see.

If this went the way I think they did, they may have gotten 10-15 million + to make it a forever exclusive

They'll eat those physical refund costs if necessary

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
If they won't refund, I would take a PS4 key instead, but doesn't look like they are setup to make any changes. This is ridiculous, never supporting Kickstarter again and EGS has a serious negative goodwill deficit.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
The last time I was this angry was with the whole sonic 4 episode 1 debacle. Man why does SEGA related stuff always have to be so depressing

Oct 30, 2017
You guys really believe the developer made this decision and not the shady company that's publishing the game, the same company that's done this with a couple other of their big games? You should really reconsider slandering Yu Suzuki.
"We,'ve changed platforms and won't give your money back, and fuck you."

Amazing. I will never take anything Yu Suzuki seriously ever again. Complete clown.
r

Status
Not open for further replies.