• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
They built the game my donation. They gave me the option to choose Steam. I chose Steam.

Fuck them and anyone who defends Epic and these practices.
Don't get me wrong, I agree that anyone who backed for a Steam key should get one. Not sure if a KS game has had this happen before, and that would be a bad (and illegal?) precedent to set.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
RIP to kick starter as a platform for backing games from now on.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that anyone who backed for a Steam key should get one. Not sure if a KS game has had this happen before, and that would be a bad precedent to set.

This isn't the first time. Probably not the last either.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like half the PC games coming out are exclusive to the Epic Game Store. People are likely eventually going to have to give in and support EGS in order to keep playing a huge chunk of modern PC games. Sucks but as time goes on more and more games becomes exclusives for EGS.
That's a damn good joke, pal. Keep going. You will lighten the mood here.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Wow.
Epic sure is motivated.

tenor.gif

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Niche game gets a financial safety net. Sounds fine to me.

That's being pretty generous.
It already had that safety net and promised a steam version. This is just moneyhatting from Epic. I still don't understand how people are fine with this but then again we have flat earthers, anti-vaxxers groups growing so I guess apologists just don't give a damn anymore.

Chris Best

Dec 10, 2017
I backed at the $310 level. I'll be asking for a refund. They should have no problem providing it off of the money bag they got from Epic.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
This is now the third crowdfunded game to pull this after Phoenix Point and Rune 2 btw, unless i'm forgetting another one.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Going by Metro Exodus, I get the feeling this was more of a Deep Silver thing than a Ys Net thing.

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
The Epic Games money may have helped more with development than what kickstarter backers were willing to give them. Not sure they give a shit at this point.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
One of the two steam games I back that actually came out and it's exclusive to EGS. I really expect a refund. I'm getting a refund.

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
My blood pressure is rising. This should be illegal without offering a refund after all of the advertising of it being a Steam key they did in the email, and how they already finalized distribution for backers.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Eh. As a backer I paid for a Steam key.

I'll wait and see how this one plays out but I imagine I'll ask for a refund just like everyone else.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Good old Deep Silver.

Looking at the trailer, I guess Epic doesn't care as much about quality as they've said in the past too.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Haha there it is! People were expecting at least 1 big Epic Store disappointment.

I still feel it's really shady to do this for Kickstarter games.

Burgess_101

Oct 26, 2017
Especially since you'll still be able to play it. If the EGS isn't available in your country, fair play you deserve a refund, but most people here are still getting the game. It's fucking Shenmue ffs.

Yeah would be a shame if I wanted to use a controller to play Shenmue on my PC, or to stream in my house.

JayCeeJim

Jan 3, 2019
Are you serious? There's tons of reasons. There's less reasons to like the EGS every day.

They mentioned Steam multiple times. This is bullshit.

I insist. They mentioned Steam multiple times long after the Kickstarter was closed. Anyone who decided to back the game during the Kickstarter period didn't do it on a promise of the game being on Steam.

I'm not so sure of the slacker backer campaign (which lasted longer than the Kickstarter), maybe some people would have the right to get angry if they backed then. But they are very few really.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It's more money to release it on a platform that has better possibilities of revenue, and it's available to all gamers. It's a matter of whether they want to use that storefront or not though, and I do get the spite for EGS and how it's forming a console-like market but for pc in maybe a bad way.

At the same time, I like that EGS might be increasing the potential for a future of pc gaming where publishers bother to make big-money exclusive projects, akin to Half Life or Crysis.

You might be a fan but in some countries EGS isn't even available...what are those fans going to do now? Buy a PS4? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.