• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The PC Gaming Show stream debuted a new trailer for Shenmue III. At the end, there was a curious lack of a Steam logo which cast doubt as to whether it will really launch on Steam or if Epic nabbed it as an exclusive. Waiting on a official press release from Deep Silver.

yZmZ4du.png

UPDATE: Confirmed by the official Shenmue III Kickstarter

40xvwXu.png

UPDATE 2: Looks like PC physical copies will come with an EGS key instead of a Steam one which confirms full exclusivity

XcVuShG.png

Last edited:

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised but If I don't get my Steam key from backing, I won't be very happy.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Holy mother of... Sweeney did it.

I wonder how much money that asshole had to use from his Fortnite warchest.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Most rotten thing I've heard. Come the fuck on. Hope original backers get their steam key. Thankfully, mine is ps4.

Edit: sounds like it may not be? Gotta wait and see.

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
As a backer i dont care where the fuck it ends up as long as they release it.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know, honestly. They might have just paid for placement on the trailer. The Steam page was updated 4 days ago lol:

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I hope Epic threw enough money Yu's way to fund Shenmue IV.

(seriously though, this is gonna cause such a shitstorm. especially with kickstarter involved)

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesn't hate Epic as much as others, this is some serious bullshit though...

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Looks like ass and EGS

Nothing of value was lost by going to EGS.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A game kickstarted by the fans, listed as being on Steam, then they do the bait/switch.

Motherfucking YIKES.

Word of wisdom to devs that kickstart, this doesn't end well.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
The game looks a bit rough from an animation prospective. And not sure about the frame rate. Maybe it's better to push it back in 2020.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Did they say anything about steam when they were funding the game? Otherwise I will have to get a refund

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
I expect a lot of refunds. Not by me though. I love the game and I couldn't care less about the platform it comes to. (It's still PC)

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Honestly, it's Shenmue. Just the fact that it exists makes me happy, they can make it exclusive to the Ouya if they want

Status
Not open for further replies.