• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2017
If the exclusive is temporary, i will wait for steam release. If not fuck epic and the developers who keep misleading customers.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Dammit, I backed for PS4 on the kickstarter, but when I went into my survey I never realized they had a selection for it and it was sitting at "Physical Steam" so I changed it to Physical PS4, but not sure that will take at this point. I'll argue given the actual selection on my kickstarter page if I have to when it comes down to it.

BTW, everyything on the Survey says Steam, not just PC.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just recceived this email. Confirmed it's EGS exclusive:
confirmedzujog.png

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
It still has the store page on Steam, and is still being updated. So unless this deal happened within the last 4 days, I can't see why they would keep the steam page open if it was Epic exclusive.

I'll likely still buy it on Epic if that is the case, but that sucks for people who really wanted steam keys from the kickstarter.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Didn't they send out a survey with something like "Steam account required" not too long ago?

Just a real bullshit move.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like half the PC games coming out are exclusive to the Epic Game Store. People are likely eventually going to have to give in and support EGS in order to keep playing a huge chunk of modern PC games. Sucks but as time goes on more and more games becomes exclusives for EGS.

The top games of e3 are coming out on Steam and you say this?

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Are we going to - systematically - hate when a game is exclusive to the EGS ? Seriously...

I think calling it "systematic hate" buries the lede a bit and obfuscates why folks dislike this recent anti-consumer trend.

For me, all anti-consumer practices should be called out and scrutinized, otherwise the consumers' interest is lost and cast aside in favor of corporate bias and boot licking.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
It's a scum bag move and it's one that should be called out by everyone but as we have seen on this forum time and time again people don't care as long as they can play the hottest new shit.

This was crowd funded, people backed this and handed over their hard earned money to bring this game to life on the promise of a Steam version. Obviously I don't know the details and what will happen to those backers (maybe they will get keys?) but this is scummy as fuck.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Niche game gets a financial safety net. Sounds fine to me.

Yeah between this and the XCOM clone I have, like, zero surprise that they'd go with this route if they want to get enough $$$ for long-term support and dev work.

The short of it is: I don't expect Epic to pull funding the way that kickstarter backers here are doing.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even as someone on this board more positive to Epic, you can't argue this is a dick move to the people who made the game a reality.

Discussion Guidelines

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Official Staff Communication
Given the volatility in recent Epic Game Store related threads we have decided that some clearer guidelines are required to cultivate healthier discussion.
  • Do not enter these threads in bad faith. If we conclude that your goal is to misrepresent the concerns of other users or rile people up, you will be moderated. Intent matters here. Honest questions or commentary about the differences and similarities between the Epic Games Store and other storefronts are fine. Deliberately and dismissively attempting to troll concerned members on those topics is not okay. These discussions must be held in good faith and in a civil manner.
  • As a reminder, antagonizing or engaging in personal attacks on other members is still against the rules. We have a large community with a wide range of preferences and personal priorities. Not everyone will feel the same way as you do on any given topic. If you feel a post is breaking a rule please report it and do not respond with hostility. If you choose to engage do so politely. We always check to see which users have a history of trouble in this area.
  • It is perfectly acceptable to want to wait for a game to be released on the storefront of your preference (ex: "I'll just wait for the Steam release.") It is not acceptable to troll threads because of storefront exclusivity timed or otherwise (ex: "So the real PC release is going to be a year later.") The latter is needlessly inflammatory and distracts from discussion. We will be scrutinizing these posts more closely going forward.
  • Do not advocate, defend, or admit to piracy under any circumstances. This is explicitly against our Terms of Service. There are no justifications that will make this acceptable.
Addendum: It's fine and often healthy to be critical of media coverage (ex: "I don't think this article is good and here's why"), but please avoid going down any rabbit holes with excessive vitriol and conspiracy theories (ex: "This outlet is clearly paid off because I don't agree with their coverage"). We've long had a general policy against hyperbolical vilification of the media and that rule has not been suspended.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
As a backer who doesn't on a personal level want to support the Epic Store for the time being, I am incredibly disappointed by this.

I'm sure development-wise there's good reason they've done this, but I can't lie, as an end user I'm not that happy about this. But this might mean I won't play Shenmue 3 even though I've already paid for it, which I'll be saddened by.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Wasn't this one of kickstarter's biggest campaigns ever?

Makes them look pretty bad tbh, even if it's out of their hands

JayCeeJim

Jan 3, 2019
No. We hate a game when years ago was announced on Steam and now it's on another client. It's a different thing.

When it was announced and financed "years ago" (during the month of the Kickstarter campaign), it wasn't announced for Steam. Only "PC Version".

You can repeat a lie as many times as you want...but it won't become the truth.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
You know what, I don't care. I'm refunding either way now. Just scummy all around I don't even want a steam key anymore. Epic game store and yu suzuki both can suck it

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember anyone hating games only on Gamepass/ the Xbox store/ GOG so this isn't just "bUt STeaM faNBOys".

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like half the PC games coming out are exclusive to the Epic Game Store. People are likely eventually going to have to give in and support EGS in order to keep playing a huge chunk of modern PC games. Sucks but as time goes on more and more games becomes exclusives for EGS.
Just wait a year and get them cheaper + patched up. egs customers can beta test for all i care lol. egs customers will also use the steam forums to complain about technical problems. wanna know why? because egs sucks so hard it doesnt even have forums on a per game basis

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I pledged for a physical PC box - how will that work with the EGS, if at all? I imagine it will integrate with EGS for patches and the like.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
I feel bad for everyone who fell for this Shenmue III scam. But honestly the writing was on the wall. Yu Suzuki uses E3 to ask for money, gets millions, asks for more for new "features," then royally screws his backers for more money. He doesn't care about Shenmue fans, he only cares about funding his vision. It was apparent since he took the stage in 2015.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
Valve needs to start kicking EGS exclusives off of steam.

Nah, just ignore Tim's ego trip and let these games utilize Steam features like forums and guides which Epic refuses to provide.

That alone will speak volumes. We don't need two giant corporations going to war "console warz" style in the PC landscape.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Sweeney is dirtbag for doing these types of deals but my want for them is larger than my hatred of the practice.
Good luck to everyone fighting the fight though.

Jachaos

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.