• An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 15 hours, 12 minutes, 53 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Shenmue III |OT| Our Destiny Since Ancient Times

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, or why he's taking close-up shots of a sign on a doorway and a kids' clothing store. Those seem like the exact details he'd be documenting. We must find hope wherever we can...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Just put a huge dent in the game. Got through a few hours of busy-work and made it to the new area. Hoping it feels bigger than the small town.
It felt bigger no doubt. Perhaps too big!

I believe you actually get 3 conversations with everyone.
Yeah, you get three choices per conversation and they lead to some cool little nods to Shenmue 1 and 2. Ine San and Nozomi ended up being my favourite people to call, just great to chat with them again. Tom as well. Fuke Sa was such a wet blanket...

Raoh

Oct 27, 2017
I really do believe Shenmue 4 is in the works.
Why? the DLC they're preparing for Shenmue 3 most likely is gonna help pay off the financial foundation for the development of Shenmue 4.

If every person that bought Shenmue 3 or at least the biggest fans purchase the DLC it only increases the chances of seeing Shenmue 4, with the DLC they're probably gonna: a) finance Shenmue 4 and b) gauge general interest for the future of the series. In simple words, if not enough people buy the DLC we probably won't see Shenmue 4 even announced, so let everyone know how important the purchase of the DLC is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from that I wanted to ask, Are there hidden scrolls in Bailu? I'm still in Bailu but I believe im going to next area soon, aside from the ones you can exchange with the tokens, are there any hidden out there?

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It felt bigger no doubt. Perhaps too big!

Yeah, you get three choices per conversation and they lead to some cool little nods to Shenmue 1 and 2. Ine San and Nozomi ended up being my favourite people to call, just great to chat with them again. Tom as well. Fuke Sa was such a wet blanket...
Goro is another one for me that was enjoyable. Constantly trying to impress. I like the dialogue choices as well for all of them.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
Really? Every time I rang them I got the exact same conversation. Unless you mean the 3 dialogue options you get part way through the conversation
You need the backer phone card and to make at least two calls consecutively. I just got my backer phone card yesterday so I haven't tried this yet.

The game really needed a tutorial for some of its mechanics. I figured out the Skill Book Editor and how to switch between AT and MT combat while playing the Trial on PC, but I've seen a lot of people who never figured this out. Wanted to try out the backer jacket after finally getting it yesterday, and I had to look at the jacket in Items, then go to Settings, select the jacket that appears, then select the jacket from the subsequent menu. When you see the clothes in Settings, the default jacket and t-shirt first appear, which made me think it was just asking me to choose between wearing or not wearing a jacket.

For the original games, all of this stuff would have been explained in a manual. I would pore over these manuals at every opportunity as a kid, but now with the lack of both a manual and a tutorial, some elements can be hard to figure out.

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
You need the backer phone card and to make at least two calls consecutively. I just got my backer phone card yesterday so I haven't tried this yet.

The game really needed a tutorial for some of its mechanics. I figured out the Skill Book Editor and how to switch between AT and MT combat while playing the Trial on PC, but I've seen a lot of people who never figured this out. Wanted to try out the backer jacket after finally getting it yesterday, and I had to look at the jacket in Items, then go to Settings, select the jacket that appears, then select the jacket from the subsequent menu. When you see the clothes in Settings, the default jacket and t-shirt first appear, which made me think it was just asking me to choose between wearing or not wearing a jacket.

For the original games, all of this stuff would have been explained in a manual. I would pore over these manuals at every opportunity as a kid, but now with the lack of both a manual and a tutorial, some elements can be hard to figure out.
Ah, okay. I never really thought about ringing them back straight after the conversation ended, I had assumed either story or time progression would eventually lead to something different

I agree completely about the tutorial though, I never really understood the skill book stuff, and only stumbled across how to change clothes by accident

RoninStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, I'm currently making my way through Shenmue 2, as soon as Im done, I'll play my backer copy of Shenmue 3!
Question, have they released any patches for S3? Are they planning any Quality of life changes?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I'm currently making my way through Shenmue 2, as soon as Im done, I'll play my backer copy of Shenmue 3!
Question, have they released any patches for S3? Are they planning any Quality of life changes?
I think I read a patch is coming in January? But other than the day 1 patch I've not seen any other patches. Its a pretty solid game aside from some FPS performance drops here and there (nothing that bad honestly) and while it would be nice to have the option to skip some dialogue, its not game breaking.

RoninStrife

Oct 27, 2017
I think I read a patch is coming in January? But other than the day 1 patch I've not seen any other patches. Its a pretty solid game aside from some FPS performance drops here and there (nothing that bad honestly) and while it would be nice to have the option to skip some dialogue, its not game breaking.
Wish they would have been a skip dialogue option, every game should have it. For multiple playthroughs sake.

Oct 30, 2017

Changing clothes in the setup menu simply makes no sense. I don’t get it.

Oct 30, 2017
I really do believe Shenmue 4 is in the works.
Why? the DLC they're preparing for Shenmue 3 most likely is gonna help pay off the financial foundation for the development of Shenmue 4.

If every person that bought Shenmue 3 or at least the biggest fans purchase the DLC it only increases the chances of seeing Shenmue 4, with the DLC they're probably gonna: a) finance Shenmue 4 and b) gauge general interest for the future of the series. In simple words, if not enough people buy the DLC we probably won't see Shenmue 4 even announced, so let everyone know how important the purchase of the DLC is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from that I wanted to ask, Are there hidden scrolls in Bailu? I'm still in Bailu but I believe im going to next area soon, aside from the ones you can exchange with the tokens, are there any hidden out there?
If the DLC looks quality I doubt they’ll have issues. Sorta hard to sell it yet.