• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jibby

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it's coming on the 5th of February. Trailer(s) looks really good too!

Last edited:

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Something about Mr Movie Voice saying "crunchyroll" made me giggle.

Honestly hope they get another season and just finish the fucking story. It's been DECADES.

EDIT: People mentioning the VA, does Ryo's VA still act???? o_O

Shads

Jun 6, 2020
Looks great! I hope this saves me the time from getting the motivation to finish Shenmue III.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like it might be pretty great, and hopefully if it's a success, they can tell whatever is left of the story here since it seems pretty clear that IV isn't ever going to happen.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It looks pretty good. Weird hearing different voices, and Ryo still keeping some of the stilted delivery.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017

Japanese trailer, a bit better.

Interesting, it's a creditless version of the trailer TMS just put up. Features cast, staff and OP credits, among other flavour text.
Animation studio is Telecom Animation Film under TMS

Huh, that's so weird. Were the English people amateurs or something? You'd think they would keep them on
I imagine even outside of any perceived quality, the logistics of American anime dubbing are just weird. Like how the new TWEWY game had returning actors, but not the dub of the anime.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, an English voiced Ryo that's not a robot, +10 points. Still not a fan of the English dub, will watch it in Japanese instead. But hey, looking good... I see a number of cool parts of the original game (namely the main confrontations) are present and correct, though Charlie showing at at Hazuki's house is new... seems like that meeting is the first time they met going by the dialogue, which suggests they've rejigged part of story seeing as originally you track him down, not the other way round. Though I guess they'll trim to make the story flow better for the anime (less waiting around).

Still curious to see just how much of the slower slice of life moments they keep... everything they've shown so far is basically fights.

Also, really surprised at how darn quick its coming out, as someone else said, I expected this way later in the year.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Japanese trailer is like, 10 times better. Nicer mix of scenes, waaaaaay better voice acting, and aside that awful song slapped in the trailer, it feels like Shenmue. Definitely excited.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Here is the official website. Text is both Japanese and English.
Masaya Matsukaze and Takahiro Sakurai reprise their roles as Ryo Hazuki and Lan Di respectively from the JP game cast. OP is "UNDEAD-NOID" by Kashitaro Ito. Other credits within.

New Key Visual:
FJgBJ0paUAInPZ9

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The key art is pretty nice. Is the first season just game 1 though? The key art suggests either season 2 is a go or they are trying to cram at least part of 2 in as well.

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
If he doesn't go to the arcade or purchase small, useless trinkets in between the fights is it even Shenmue?

master15

Nov 28, 2017
So excited for this. Some of the key art and backgrounds are beautiful. Ever since PAL release of Shenmue 2, Japanese VA all the way.

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
Wow looks a lot better than i was expecting, i can't wait! Will definitely be watching subbed though, since the English VA isn't Cory and the others. Gave me goosebumps hearing the theme and seeing all the familiar characters/scenes like Ryo and Nozomi on the motorcycle