• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Sheriff of America's Deadliest Police Force Caught on Camera Admitting Killing Suspects Is 'Better Financially'

Title got cut off

Although Kern County had a population of 875,000 people in 2015, its law enforcement officers were responsible for more deaths than any other county in America that year, according to the Guardian. During that year, Kern County deputies and Bakersfield, Calif., police killed 1.5 people for every 100,000 residents, more than three times the rate of Los Angeles County and 10 times the rate of the New York Police Department in 2015.

"You know what happens when a guy makes a bad shooting and somebody kills them?" Youngblood explained. "Three million bucks and the family goes away after a long back and forth."

"When a deputy shoots someone in the streets, which way do you think is better financially—to cripple them or kill them—for the county?" Youngblood asked. When someone replied, "Kill them," Youngblood responded, "Absolutely. Because if they're crippled we get to take care of them for life. And that cost goes way up."

https://trib.al/froAu2u

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry I'm sure one of the good cops will raise some concern.

Sweet Jesus that is fucked.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And the supreme court apparently agrees, as 7 of 9 judges just rubber stamped an officer shooting a suspect without even a verbal warning.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
I guarantee all law enforcement thinks this... especially when the person is not white.

Edit: As this story is about the US I am obviously talking about law enforcement in this country.

Last edited:

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking hate Youngblood. Holy fuck that's despicable vile shit he is spouting. He's shutting down all the Medical marijuana dispensaries as well, at least in Bakersfield. Not that matters compared to his fucking hitler-esqe, racist ass attitude to law enforcement. Bakersfield, do the goddamn right thing and vote his ass out. I'll do my part.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Where's the ERA cop defense force? I need to be talked down to about how This Is Actually OK and how Section 9 Article 593 of the Universal Cop Handbook says so.

For real though, fuck this guy and fuck cops who don't do anything about behavior like this.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
What are the number of deaths by police in this country? Is it extremely high?
From the OP article quote:
Although Kern County had a population of 875,000 people in 2015, its law enforcement officers were responsible for more deaths than any other county in America that year, according to the Guardian. During that year, Kern County deputies and Bakersfield, Calif., police killed 1.5 people for every 100,000 residents, more than three times the rate of Los Angeles County and 10 times the rate of the New York Police Department in 2015.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Era cops, please do keep telling us that the police are here to help us.

We're better to them dead.

Oh they won't be in this thread, but as soon as the next thread about a black person being shot pops up, they'll be there to tell us that the son of a bitch probably deserved it. More politely, of course. Wouldn't want to get in trouble.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
From the OP article quote:
Once again, are the killing of citizens by police extremely high in the country?
Yes this county is abnormally high but the number of killings in the country is extremely high. Is it not?
What are you arguing here, that the number of police killings in this country isn't extremely high?

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Once again, are the killing of citizens by police extremely high in the country?
Yes this county is abnormally high but the number of killings in the country is extremely high. Is it not?
What are you arguing here, that the number of police killings in this country isn't extremely high?
Oh gotcha.

I'm arguing that if "all law enforcement thinks this," then you wouldn't really have these kinds of outliers. I'm saying your statement wasn't accurate. A hyperbolic expression of the truth that police kill way too many people? -- sure that makes sense. An accurate statement about the mentality of all law enforcement or police departments? Nope.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Oh gotcha.

I'm arguing that if "all law enforcement thinks this," then you wouldn't really have these kinds of outliers. I'm saying your statement wasn't accurate. A hyperbolic expression of the truth that police kill way too many people? -- sure that makes sense. An accurate statement about the mentality of all law enforcement or police departments? Nope.
Thoughts equal actions? My initial post was all law enforcement thinks this not does this. This county being the outlier simply puts the thought to action.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (2 days): posting inflammatory generalizations.
Taxpayers should be livid

Why?

White people love the idea of black and brown blood flowing in the streets. Reminds them of the glorious heritage of this country and makes them feel safe.

They'll cut off limbs to fuck over minorities to continue their sense of superiority, so they'll gladly continue paying money so police can continue being murderers.

I would say FTP, but the last time I did my post was deleted, so I'll just say "business as usual". Maybe that won't hurt someone's feelings as much.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
We are going to end up having riots because of this shit. People have had enough as is and you have law enforcement that feel its less of a burden to just kill people than to take them in... because they know they'll get away with it. This has to stop or we are definitely going to have riots or people just attacking killing police officers every chance they get and neither of those are the answers.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Y'all should come on over to that race thread. We have posters complaining about minorities that constantly pull the race card and how annoying it is as a white guy to be bombarded with news of racism and white privilege.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
We are going to end up having riots because of this shit. People have had enough as is and you have law enforcement that feel its less of a burden to just kill people than to take them in... because they know they'll get away with it. This has to stop or we are definitely going to have riots or people just attacking killing police officers every chance they get and neither of those are the answers.

No we won't.

This isn't new. There won't be riots, and there sure won't be widespread attacks on cops. The idea of a riot just enforces the thought that Police need to be able to kill scary black and brown people.

The reason that this hasn't changed is because the majority population of this country either want it to continue or they don't care. Police violence overwhelmingly effects people of color, which is by design, and most people are fine with that.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, it's the same with most organizations. I remember reading some years back about people killed in a plane crash vs injured/crippled in one. It's just financially cheaper if they're dead. I'm sure the same goes with Vehicle incidents.

It's a pretty fucked up way we price out people and it's definitely not ok to think that way, but it is unfortunately how it is.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
America is in a good place right now.
Y'all should come on over to that race thread. We have posters complaining about minorities that constantly pull the race card and how annoying it is as a white guy to be bombarded with news of racism and white privilege.
I would but I don't feel like vomiting today thank you.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Not even satire anymore.
5hvnT.JPG