• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Don't see why they didn't just stick with LAX since they're allowed to use that.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Don't see why they didn't just stick with LAX since they're allowed to use that.

They're not allowed. Dave tried to say they were last night but Jim shut it down by pointing out they aren't the first LAX so Impact wouldn't let them take it.

The whole Impact thing about taking gimmicks was more about gimmicks that the talent themselves create while working for Impact. That's why it started after the Broken Hardy drama.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I saw HHH shot down rumors of Vince running NXT in the most condescending way possible, just short of calling The Observer "fake news." (Trump?) First of all, I listen to Bryan and Dave every day. They never said it was a fact that Vince was running NXT, they speculated. They based their speculation on history. And if WWE didn't live in their own fantasy bubble, they'd communicate with journalist more often. But don't because they can't control the narrative (Fox News?).

This is just another reason I dispise WWE, Vince, and HHH.

OP
OP
Heromanz

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
d25f3f44efe76163-600x338.jpg
Disgusting.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
considering that Santana and Ortiz' other two names have been "EYFBO" and "LAX", calling themselves PNP is fine

At least the letters stand for something worthwhile instead of "yo we're an airport"

PNP on TNT, bayyybeeeeee

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Reposting this here since friend Pikma tricked me into posting in the August thread. Ya'll gotta report the old thread for locking when the new one goes up. It's the polite thing to do!

I enjoyed it. There were a few duds but it was mostly a very enjoyable show. Hangman Page definitely ain't ready for the main event, though. I like the guy, but I think he's still in solid mid-card territory.

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting this here since friend Pikma tricked me into posting in the August thread. Ya'll gotta report the old thread for locking when the new one goes up. It's the polite thing to do!

I enjoyed it. There were a few duds but it was mostly a very enjoyable show. Hangman Page definitely ain't ready for the main event, though. I like the guy, but I think he's still in solid mid-card territory.
Yeah I'm not too surprised about Hangman not being able to fill his main event shoes

Also thank you for bringing me to the new thread, friend

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Done with Takeover Cardiff: here's my thoughts:

I've seen all 3 title match results and the Cesaro opponent by now, so we'll see if it affects my thoughts!

Lovely Noam I still miss you ❤❤

WTF is "flatteny" Nigel? Great wee opener. Don't have much more to say than that.

I liked the drums that no-one else did, but glad they've gone back to the Soviet anthem type for Ilja. Goddamn the GTS/sliding D uppercut combo was beautiful. Never seen him hit the Neutraliser like that either. This match is dope. Knocks Riho/Shida off the bottom of my fave five.

Also Welsh boy Chris Roberts reffing this match is nice. holy shit, i get that "free toast at 3am" finisher reference! My wife has told me about that club in Cardiff before. Why do none of the Midlands boys have moves with Snobs references. Love Wolfgang's buckshot spear haha. lmao at Drake bothering to tag himself in at this point in the match, Roberts ain't doing shit. Didn't know Flash could bust out a 630! Fun match, and the nuclear pops for the hometown boys. I would put the belts back on GYV sharpish though, what heel teams are going other than Gallus?

BIG LADS WRESTLING. The opening turnbuckle break spot. The cricket bat shots. The release german on the floor. That standing cannonball through the table. Where'd they get that reinforced table from! The big drop off the staging! These lads fucking went for it and good for them. Clever but a little fucky finish.

Could do without the Edgy Kay Lee promo, but she's a WWE heel, whatever. This theme also is trash compared to Domination. The announcer's Kay Lee Ray voice is awful lol. I know Serene said this was disappointing but I'm enjoying it so far, KLR working her over. Not sure Toni bawling helps but. Ah I see, it does feel like they're starting to speed through it now. ooof Kay Lee almost landed on her head there. Made up for Kay Lee though, she deserves it, and give Toni some time off.

This is good early on even. Never seen that holding on to block a scoop slam spot before, love it. Yikes the post powerbomb. Nigel comparing WALTER to JBL, smh. I know Brian_FETO hates the apron clubs spot, but they were vicious here. SUPLEX. UPPERCUT CHOP OUT OF MIDAIR. Tyler tossing WALTER about. The powerbomb reversal nearfall!! ughhhhh that thuddy chop off the top rope. This match rules. FIGHTING THROUGH THE BIG CHOPS. BURNING HAMMER (WWE version)! UNDERTAKER DIVE YES DEADLIFT GERMAN LOVE IT. BRIDGING UP TYLER DRIVER fucking hell i would have absolutely bit on that and the spiral tap afterwards as finishes if I didn't know the results, goddamn. SLAP CHOP BOOT jesus DEADLIFT, HORROR MOVIE WALTER back to the sleeper THAT BACK OF THE NECK CHOP JESUS HEADDROP SUPLEX ON THE APRON THIS IS SO FUCKING GOOD YALL. LARIATOOOOOOO.

My final fave five from the weekend (Royal Quest + AEW + Takeover Cardiff):
1. WALTER/Bate
2. PAC/Omega
3. Suzuki/Okada
4. Bucks/Lucha Bros
5. THE CRACKER BARREL CLASH

Matches that got pushed out of the fave five/honourable mentions
6. Ilja/Cesaro
7. GYV/Gallus/SWSC
8. Riho/Shida
9. Mastiff/Coffey
10. Ishii/KENTA

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn just reading that recap of WALTER/Bate got me excited again. That match was incredible.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I know Brian_FETO hates the apron clubs spot, but they were vicious here.
My feelings on that spot are kind of tied to that period where he was toning down the chest bleeding

Seeing him fight Eddie Dennis in a PROGRESS main where he didn't chop him once, but did that chest beating spot like 6 times, walking Eddie around to every side of the ring to do it for the crowd was super lame. Showman WALTER sucks, you aren't in KISS just hurt people

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly they should use something like SJI (puerto rican airport)
Actually if they are going to use that they should use BQN (short for Borinquen (alternate name for Puerto Rico and the reason why Puertorricans are also called boricuas) which is a name for a local airport and the one airport that I work at).

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Glad I didn't manage to get a Cockpit ticket for today in the end, was worried I was going to miss Suzuki or Okada in the Cockpit, it was just SANADA

My feelings on that spot are kind of tied to that period where he was toning down the chest bleeding

Seeing him fight Eddie Dennis in a PROGRESS main where he didn't chop him once, but did that chest beating spot like 6 times, walking Eddie around to every side of the ring to do it for the crowd was super lame. Showman WALTER sucks, you aren't in KISS just hurt people
yeah i get it haha, this was definitely hurty WALTER

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
the difference between jericho and the old wwe guys is that jericho can still go + the story called for him winning

i don't think anyone complained about goldberg squashing ziggler... because that was the right move given the two guys

old man undertaker going over bray wyatt fresh off his streak ending this ain't

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Like/Retweet if you think @TonyKhan should add a "K" to PAC's name for clarity

OP
OP
Heromanz

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the difference between jericho and the old wwe guys is that jericho can still go + the story called for him winning

i don't think anyone complained about goldberg squashing ziggler... because that was the right move given the two guys

old man undertaker going over bray wyatt fresh off his streak ending this ain't
I don't know if he can still go to be honest with you. the reason why he's had this career resurgence isn't because he can still go it's because he worked with like 3 the wrestlers in the world.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I would never buy a Pac-Man/Bullet Club collab but if someone made a shirt with Pac-Man that just said "THE BASTARD" in Pac-Man font I'd consider it

Status
Not open for further replies.