• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Didn't even notice AEW put out the graphic for the womans title match at the premier.

Do yourself a favor and avoid the comments.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Love the dumb hardcore shit in AEW.

Give Jimmy a hardcore title so he can filth his way to the top of this company.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Didn't even notice AEW put out the graphic for the womans title match at the premier.

Do yourself a favor and avoid the comments.

That IoShirai4Ever account is the absolute worst. The person behind it is a massive bigot, and also an incredibly vocal fan of Trump. They also place themselves on a pedestal because Io followed the account a couple of months ago, because of the fan posts.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018

I'm actually curious if this is leading to another gaming channel (besides UUDD), or something more liveblog oriented.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I was listening to Matt Richard's podcast, apparently Session Moth is another wrestling massive Metal Gear Solid stan, Snake Eater is her fave
She was posting about that recently on her instagram stories in a Q&A. Good taste.

Listening to yesterday's Wrestling Observer Radio Q&A and Dave is saying that Jericho has been reading the Observer since the early 90s and emails him for a copy if he forgets his physical copy to read on flights.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The next Gatoh Move debut is up: 44 year-old Tokiko Kirihara is making her debut against 20 year-old Mei Suruga.
Yet another great match!

Jun 14, 2019
i mean you can hate on the comment all you want but when you have kenny omega and others on your roster and you lead into your tv tapings with the guy you most likely want to headline your company in the future where wins n loses mean the most apprantly and hes lost twice already and you have a old guy as your champ yea i can see the complaints.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
In Corbin's defense it's not like anyone in this thread was into Jericho being the first champ beyond "he's a known name, makes sense"

Which...is totally WWE booking

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
i mean you can hate on the comment all you want but when you have kenny omega and others on your roster and you lead into your tv tapings with the guy you most likely want to headline your company in the future where wins n loses mean the most apprantly and hes lost twice already and you have a old guy as your champ yea i can see the complaints.

Well, yeah, wins and losses matter has been their mantra, and how have they gone against that? That would be the case if they made Omega the #1 contender despite the losses, or they decided on someone being the #1 contender because he attacks the champion, or the champion chooses him because he's charismatic, or whatever other dumb, random reason we see. We see no indication that will be the case. All of the title contenders thus far have gotten there by some form of merit.

I don't get what the big deal about Omega losing a couple matches matters anyway. This is a scripted, pre-determined simulated sport. They could have Kenny go on a five match run and suddenly he's 6-2 in singles and that looks impressive. In real sports, teams sometimes get off to rocky starts before they go on a run. The defending Stanley Cup champions were in last place like halfway into the season. There's no reason to believe they're not going to put Omega on a run and most likely the losing will play into his overall story arc.

If Jericho doesn't have a relatively short title reign that has a hot face, whether it's Omega or Moxley, chasing him and taking the title from him, I'll get the complaints then, but I highly doubt they go in a direction where a past his prime Jericho is standing at the top for the long-term. You think back to early TNA, the problem wasn't so much Jeff Jarrett being champion, it was that he was always champion.

IMO, AEW has been a huge breath of fresh air and if you let the fact that their champion is old, or that one of their top stars has dropped a couple matches (to other prominent members of the roster, mind you) overshadow everything else, then I don't know what to tell you. And frankly, if Omega did win all of his matches, you're going to have people complain that one of the EVPs is being booked as unbeatable.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd post in this thread, but I'm afraid of permanently injuring my brain doing something stupid in the middle of writing a post to no reaction.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're 2 days away from Hellboy's debut in All Japan Pro Wrestling's next Korakuen Hall show, friends.

AJPW September 3 at Korakuen:
Time: 5:30AM Eastern, 2:30AM Pacific, 10:30AM British, 6:30PM Japan

1. Yusuke Okada, Dan Tamura, & Atsuki Aoyagi vs. Akira Hyodo, Takuho Kato, & Yuki Ishikawa [BJW]
2. Jun Akiyama, Yuma Aoyagi, & Ultimo Dragon vs. Hikaru Sato, Masanobu Fuchi, & Osamu Nishimura
3. Hellboy, Jake Lee, & Koji Iwamoto vs. Wild Menso (Takao Omori & Black Menso~re) & Hokuto Omori
4. Joel Redman & Yoshitatsu vs. Dylan James & Kotaro Suzuki
5. EWA Intercontinental Title match: TAJIRI © vs. Francisco Akira
6. AJPW World Tag-Team Title match: Violent Giants (Suwama & Shuji Ishikawa) (c) vs. Zeus & Ryouji Sai
7. Triple Crown Title match: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. Naoya Nomura

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still high off PAC destroying Kenny.

Can we fastforward to a year from now when hes champion?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The thing to remember about comparing aew to wwe in regards to jericho being champ is that aew is new and unknown to most fans and so using someone who is very well known and can still be good in the ring (especially with a good opponent) makes much more sense then established company wwe pushing old wrestlers that should have retired years ago just in the hopes of drawing in 100,000 lapsed fans for a week to make their failing ratings look not as bad momentarily.

Its comparing apples to oranges and more importantly it made sense booking wise wheree as wwe will just throw people together for the pop with no logical build up or follow through.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

This by itself justifies putting the belt on Jericho rather than Hangman

Slightconfuse

Oct 25, 2017
My King
EDaS0bZX4AIPDdh

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Couple of banger EVE cards in the email I just got

now announce the show on the 28th FFS

Friday Sept 14: Wrestling With An Agenda
r5vGvwb.jpg

Also debuting: Trish Adora

Friday Sept 27th: Friday Night Riot
NHSQz8E.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Love the dumb hardcore shit in AEW.

This. It also helps to establish direction for a midcard belt that simply isn't "midcard belt".

Why does Jay White look like a wax statue of Jay White?

Unfortunately I doubt twitter cares considering how long those comments have been there already.

Whenever I get back the 'update on Tweet you reported' indicating they took action it feels worth it. If I complete 10 reports and 1 transphobe gets banned I will complete 10 reports.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Hope they don't kick Sadie if there really was a scuffle.

That shit with Will awhile back going on the offensive while she was grieving isn't an easy thing to get over/forget either.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Who would have thought Bea and Sadie could have an untenable relationship backstage

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If we want to speculate on who is leaving based on who is on TV.

Toni wasn't at the NXT UK tapings today and they quickly pivoted KLR to Tegan.

Status
Not open for further replies.