• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
It is physically impossible for Miz to do anything remotely cool.

And fuck this crowd into the dirt for cheering him. I'm out.

The Miz is over. He's a C- in the ring but a solid B+ on the stick with dogshit scripted promos he's given. The WWE audience has been trained to think that promos are more important than wrestling so of course he's over.

The Miz is what salty marks accuse Cody of being.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Baron Fucking Corbin versus Shane Fucking McMahon would be the most let the world burn booking possible. That arena would melt. They would get trash thrown in the ring. They'd get jumpers. If one of the sneers and says 'one of us has to win' then I expect it would break Twitter.

Fuck, if they do that I would actually tune back in just to see the audience reaction.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix

The Miz seems like the kind of guy who would thrive as the star of Andy Sidaris movies. Too bad he's been an entirely different brand of dogshit cinema.

I wouldn't mind seeing The Miz as a manager in an outfit that just lets him riff. He wouldn't be wrestling and he wouldn't be faithfully delivering dogshit scripted promos word for word.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Baron Fucking Corbin versus Shane Fucking McMahon would be the most let the world burn booking possible. That arena would melt. They would get trash thrown in the ring. They'd get jumpers. If one of the sneers and says 'one of us has to win' then I expect it would break Twitter.

Fuck, if they do that I would actually tune back in just to see the audience reaction.
Don't worry, man.

Shorty G got this.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I can say with 100% confidence that both Asuka and Kairi on the mic cutting a promo in English would be better than Mandy. Jesus christ that promo was bad in so many ways, not even just counting the delivery.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
If it dies, it dies.

I won't sleep over WWE going under.

Trouble is, that when major US sports leagues collapse no other viable competitors step in to fill the void and instead the whole sport gets written off. When the bottom fell out of roller derby as a work a new league never rose to replace it. When jai alai collapsed it petered along as a crappy way to facilitate off tracking betting in Florida for a few years and then died. If WWE kills the market through their ineptitude they kill it for the entire US territory.

Except for TNA because TNA forever.

Don't worry, man.

Shorty G got this.

So Gable will win and I can stay away?

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I can say with 100% confidence that both Asuka and Kairi on the mic cutting a promo in English would be better than Mandy. Jesus christ that promo was bad in so many ways, not even just counting the delivery.

Mandy Rose is personally responsible for the burial of The Kabuki Warriors. Send Tweet.

Is it possible that Mandy is more annoying than Lacey?

No. Unlike Lacey she is charming when not trying to deliver a dogshit scripted promo with a bad character. I watch her goofy YouTube show where she and Sonya and eat doughnuts and I was always baffled at how charming and engaging the seemed on screen, exhausted, eating a doughnut in a car and how that never came across on TV.

It doesn't come across because they deliver promos as written and those promos are bad.

Lacey is just awful.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
The Miz is over. He's a C- in the ring but a solid B+ on the stick with dogshit scripted promos he's given. The WWE audience has been trained to think that promos are more important than wrestling so of course he's over.

The Miz is what salty marks accuse Cody of being.
Not gonna lie I've been a big Miz fan after that promo he cut on Bryan on talking smack and after watching his show. He just seems like a genuinely good dude. He works better as a heel for me though.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Trouble is, that when major US sports leagues collapse no other viable competitors step in to fill the void and instead the whole sport gets written off.

I don't entirely disagree or discriminate. As I feel that if pro wrestling can't live without WWE I don't mind it being dead, I similarly (potentially the only thing I might even feel moreso) feel that if pro football can't live without the NFL or XFL, let it die. Nothing of value lost there

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i'd be ok with the wrestling business in north america dying if it means wwe dies

nothing is taking away my nihon graps or halloween fuck fest

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Why we started thinking Cody is some sort of underappreciated in ring god after 2 matches that good despite his ring work?

Esp the match with his 50 year old brother that outclassed him in ring?

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Jesus I get home from work and MSG show is "Heavy Machinery" vs jobbers? Aaaand Shane in the KoR.
I will confess I almost wish that Shane will beat Gable and that then Corbin mercs him in the finals (of course Shane will think that Corbin would lay down)

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*Google's Ace Austin* I....s he doing a Gambit cosplay gimmick?
I'd rather have The Gambler.

UglyDefiantEelelephant-size_restricted.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I don't entirely disagree or discriminate. As I feel that if pro wrestling can't live without WWE I don't mind it being dead, I similarly (potentially the only thing I might even feel moreso) feel that if pro football can't live without the NFL or XFL, let it die. Nothing of value lost there

Plenty is lost if wrestling dies. I, like many, am bitter that wrestling's fortunes in the US are so closely tied to a company that acts unethically, immorally and has sought to erase its connection to the past time that it was charged with safeguarding by default. I hope that I am wrong about wrestling's reliance on WWE. National level jai alai was always a dodge for gambling and the investment hobby of millionaire dilettantes so it was easy for them to bail when the going got tough. Roller derby was an entirely invented sport and not something with centuries of informal history (folk wrestling has been everywhere for millennia). So derby couldn't survive the two prong attack of greater diversity in local television stations and the exposure that roller derby was a work. Heck, when shoot roller derby got started around 2000 it took a while for it to get an indie scene because people thought it was a work and rejected it.

US wrestling has already been through people finding out that it is a work. So maybe they could survive the collapse of WWE with the advent of alternative distribution channels.

The Last Laugh

Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Is this a match or is it a we are going to take up a ton of tv time to sell a ppv match

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Why we started thinking Cody is some sort of underappreciated in ring god after 2 matches that good despite his ring work?

Esp the match with his 50 year old brother that outclassed him in ring?

No one's calling him a God. He's good in the ring but if your bar for good is god tier than, no, he is not good. I think your characterization of the conversation around Cody is hyperbolic.

The Last Laugh

Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Anyone else now totally can't wait to see the match Sunday?
ZzzzzzzzZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'am so confused with what they are doing with Bayley, I think she is a heel but she still has her babyface entrance and ring gear.

The Last Laugh

Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Maybe some people need someone scripting their shit or at least cleaning it up because this feels like a shitty house show right now and every promo is just awkward and long

Aeon712

May 1, 2018
This has to be the worst Smackdown in a long time. Even if the Eagles weren't playing Sunday night I wouldn't watch COC.

The Last Laugh

Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Someone needs to invent a new kind of chair shot because they have become so overused and the whole "hunch over and brace" chair shot thing is just really shitty and boring anymore. Come up with a different default weapon. Even untied kendo sticks seem harsher.

Status
Not open for further replies.