• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
don't you dare jinx this

It won't stop at the defeat on the Smackdown FOX premiere.

Broccoli will murder Kofi in a big, dumb rematch at Blood Money IV: Broccoli Takes Manhattan Riyadh Corpus Christi An Undisclosed City. This murder will consist of 900 suplexes and 200 F5s. After pinning him he will continue to beat him and then may even shout something like "stay down".

This murder will be designed to fuck him so far into the dirt that after a week of being sad on Smackdown he will deliver a promo about how glad he is to be back on full-time pancake patrol. Because as much additional t-shirt money as Vince may have made off of Kofi's reign it is important to let the audience know that tag team wrestlers aren't supposed to break through.

Kofi got murdered by Broccoli twice because of you, the audience.

You did this to him.

This is your fault.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
iU94jcY.jpg
bruh

Oct 25, 2017
Kofi lost to Brock at Beast in the East.

By 50/50 rules that means Kofi has to win here. I don't make the rules I just talk about them

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Kofi get pity win at premiere very plausible tbh

Even its the fucking fox they might think its not very subtle the first thing that they do after getting program is ripping title from a black man

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Kofi get pity win at premiere very plausible tbh

Even its the fucking fox they might think its not very subtle the first thing that they do after getting program is ripping title from a black man

No way. Absolutely no way. Kofi gonna get murdered. Then murdered again in a Blood Money rematch. Vince doesn't understand unbeatable champs with long reigns unless it is Broccoli Linguine. He's a comin'. And the best part is that by moving him to Smackdown both shows are due to have unbeatable heel champs who don't really wrestle TV matches! Smackdown will have Broccoli Linguine. Raw gets during Payaso Diabólico at Hell In A Cell. They best shine those Intercontinental and US Championships because they are TV titles until Mania! Bork will defend at the Rumble and they'll pepper in a few Bray El Payaso defenses but them d00dz is keeping them belts until Mania.*

*Unless AEW ratings cause double secret panic mode at which point the titles will go to whoever Twitter wants.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
just read the smackdown writeup

so the swampbros have had roman at their mercy twice now, and beaten bryan up twice now. so it makes ZERO sense for bryan to be the mastermind behind all this and betray roman during a tag match

that said

is there anyone who believes that bryan is not the mastermind behind this

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how eager WWE was to get a headstart on AEW, they sure did a shit job of promoting NXT

I keep seeing this take but I'm not sure I get it. What more did people expect them to do? They've had commercials for it on basically every break during Raw and SD to last 2-3 weeks and they've mentioned multiple times on both of those shows and the PPV on Sunday.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
just read the smackdown writeup

so the swampbros have had roman at their mercy twice now, and beaten bryan up twice now. so it makes ZERO sense for bryan to be the mastermind behind all this and betray roman during a tag match

that said

is there anyone who believes that bryan is not the mastermind behind this

At this point it makes sense for Bryan to NOT be the mastermind so they can rehab him into a babyface. Expect him earnestly try-hard in a tag match (and eat the pin) with Romaine and then deliver a heartfelt promo a week or two later about how Rowan's betrayal made him realize that there are things you don't do and lines you don't cross and that he can build a better world for his daughter without being the kind of villain he grew up fighting.

He's sorry.

He will then be fed to Broccoli Linguine at Royal Rumble in a very entertaining match but will ultimately be beat like a drum. Meanwhile later in the night Romaine will point at a Wrestlemania sign as boos cascade from the rafters.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a lot of backlash against this with people saying they're just stacking up the odds for Cedric to get his big win. Boy am I going to have a good laugh if Cedric's story gets dropped from TV.

I don't know that they are setting him up for a win, but a PPV title match and multiple segment matches every week on Raw hardly constitues a "burial". And if that's the intent then it's being done pretty poorly.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got a random old TNA PPV on in the background. Just had a really neat Sabin vs. Shelley match. And now Daivari is facing a referee. lol

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Xavier Woods Consequences Creed and THE BLACK MACHISMO

oh god remember Matt Morgan

and hey this is the Beer Money timeframe. I liked Beer Money. James Storm riding around on the electric cooler is a good gimmick.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
The week or so around my birthday is now SHE-1, another wrestling show, a Regrettes gig and Tegan and Sara, I'll be at mattsdl levels in no time

(Actually I'm planning to do, like nothing next year)
Xavier Woods Consequences Creed and THE BLACK MACHISMO

oh god remember Matt Morgan

and hey this is the Beer Money timeframe. I liked Beer Money. James Storm riding around on the electric cooler is a good gimmick.
The beer money theme is an all time banger

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I will never forgive TNA for fucking up the Storm/Roode feud to put the title on fucking Austin Aries because "IT'S A SWERVE BRO"

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
I watch a lot of videos of people discussing old early 2010's TNA PPVs when they first were aired and the storylines are only a smidge worse than some of these WWE ones

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Oh cool EVE giffed that Sammi Jayne spot I loved so i don't have to

(Wish their camera crew would cut the zoom in shit out)

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It might lack the tension of the light tube deathmatch between ASUKA and Akito but Sumire vs Tam is another excellent example of a match revolving around one object.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Kevin Owens wants to sue the WWE for $25mil?

"I got a family to worry about!"

But apparently you don't care about the well being of anyone else's family who works there lol.

What a face.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
AEW preview show on 10/1 on TNT:

Looks like AEW Dynamite may be the final name of the weekly show

drowsy

Oct 27, 2017
Tam sometimes messes up a spot because for whatever reason she can't take a big step or jump and I think it's gravity's fault and oh god it's so cute that I would call it kawaii if I was that kind of a guy

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
MJF working the D&D community on twitter super hard right now

kayfabe is alive and well brother

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Someone pointed this out on Twitter, which I'd forgotten, we're two weeks out from AEW on TNT, yes?

They haven't announced anything about a UK TV deal, despite the expectation that it was a done deal and waiting on the TNT date.

Status
Not open for further replies.