• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread isn't just about wrestling
It is about one of the all-time greats. So for this month let celebrate
The wreslter
tumblr_otmft6o3T81rumiojo1_500.gifv

tumblr_oum4ub1p2l1vp65vyo1_500.gifv

The myth
tumblr_owdlc50Ehn1s05wxzo1_400.gifv

tumblr_oo7suhh7cG1vp65vyo1_500.gifv

tumblr_ot6fvauTgh1rwax6fo1_500.gifv

Our champion
tumblr_o0i32xbJ4z1u2ragso1_500.gifv

Long live the wreslter

Last edited:

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Stop posting cruiserweight matches brother.

It´s the Micro division, friend:

tumblr_pvqr4no7SD1wr5xndo1_500.gif

On a previous trip to the UK Suzuki met a young girl who was a big fan of Suzuki and made a sign supporting him. Suzuki then made a shirt with her on it.

He came back with one to give to her this trip but she was sick and they didn't get to meet again.

Suzuki is the best

Whole Britain wanted him to get the belt and Gedo denied them.

Dunno why Riho stunk up the joint last night and made Shida look bad. She's easily the best wrestler on the card last night and Riho sabotaged it. Get it together!

Yeah, her performance was bellow average, she mistimed a lot of her moves. I am not liking how AEW is structuring singles women´s matches.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I never want to hear another complaint from a gargano match after that ladder match last night. Fucking piledrivers from the top of a ladder and back within a minute.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
My All Out thoughts, will catch up on the thread later:

Private party rule

The Dino team is so fun. Daniels' old man floss fucking killed me. LUCHASAURUS

WTF why is this so early? I like that they've added records to the namebars, v cool touch. Another very bad theme for PAC. Fucking hell that's twice in this match they've clattered the barricade, move them back ffs. Either I was enjoying this match too much I didn't notice, or they stopped doing time announcments, just be consistent! Loved this, I'd at least put it on a par with Okada/Suzuki, if not above just cause it was so much more gogogo. Kenny has his mojo back. A+

JR: [on stapling a cigarrette] "That's classic catch-as-catch can wrestling" Well done JR, finally got a good joke in, I laughed out loud at that one

JR DID A SWEAR. "I've seen a brainbuster to the chair before and that was one of em" fucking what jim

I don't know how this match turned into a JR review, but I'm loving the match. A good old garbage plunder, fun for everyone. JESUS CHRIST JOEY that moonsault to nothing YEAHHHHH THE TACK SKATEBOARD OH DARBY HAS THE BARREL YES YES YES BARRELL COFFIN DROP THIS RULES AEW hardcore division stays winning, needs the upgrade to a deathmatch division tho, shame TNT are COWARDS

I like the Dark Order act and the Smash Bros are a great team, but the crowd seems like actively silent, I don't know the problem beyond just people still don't know who they are. They always seem to *kind of* get the crowd a little by the end but that doesn't stick from crowd to crowd. Maybe once we're a few weeks into TV.

Crowd getting a little tired, but Shida/Riho doing their best to wake them up. JR stop complaining about wrestlers and referees doing the wrong thing fucks sake. This was really fun, even with the crowd on mute. Nyla/Riho should be a fun dynamic, and you've got the previous Riho win over Nyla. Should put the belt on Shida tho

A MIKEY RUKUS JOINT

STAR TREK DDP HOLY SHIT. MJF doing the Ready to Rumble "diamond upside down is a pussy" spot to DDP my god

Cody just eating the belt to the neck and booting the shit out of Spears was hype. The Arn pop was nuts, still a p good spinebuster. Why is Tully just wandering off? I'd have to rewatch to know if I'd rank this last or above Aldis in the "Cody Big Match" canon, but that's not a bad thing, this was a worthy edition of that.

THE LADDER SLINGBLADE. THE THROUGH THE LADDER DESTROYER. YOO THE TOP OF THE LADDER DESTROYER. I didn't enjoy the last one of these matches, it was just very uninteresting to me. Maybe I just needed to have a mental break and write one of these matches off to come back fresher, maybe it's the addition of the ladders. This is doing it for me though. Fuck that double table bump from Nick was disgusting OH GOD Matt fell on the ladder

Glad LAX went for AEW in the end

Does that mean Kong vs Kong at Full Gear?

Good for Aubrey reffing the main.

A FUCKING HORSE

lmao at this fan when Jericho takes the cover off the barricade "EXPOSE IT! EXPOOOSE IT" I liked how they turned it around when Jericho got bust open to Hangman doing pretty much exactly what Jericho would have done, and just precision work over the eye after the early going of Jericho working his one body part. The finishing stretch was excellent. JUDAS EFFECT looking good again (I remain the only person on this bandwagon). This wasn't a classic by any stretch, and not a bad match by the same stretch. My least favourite Jericho match of this run, but it more than held my attention. That's probably not what you want for your first title match, but you have a champion now to build on top of, let's see how they do with an actual foundation going forward.

My fave five so far from this weekend (Royal Quest + AEW):
1. PAC/Omega
2. Suzuki/Okada
3. Bucks/Lucha Bros
4. THE CRACKER BARREL CLASH
5. Riho/Shida

On to Takeover!

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
is the title mispelling a tribute to all wrestlers who have fucked up brains that is no fault but their own?

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
All In had a better crowd so was maybe a better live experience but quality wise All Out destroyed it. Extremely consistent, even the stuff people didn't love was still good, just not as good as everything else

Just put on entertaining shows and let the wrestlers do cool shit bayyybeeeee

I feel like the Cracker Barrel Clash

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
.....and the Young Bucks never stopped to look at their hands!

not once!

EmbellishedTintedBunting-size_restricted.gif

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
"Oooooh! A little bit of the bubblaaaaay!" is gonna keep me going for days.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I see voices of wrestling and Trevor are complaining about the secrecy of the Kylie stuff as if AEW is hiding it to protect themselves. Wondering what was going on is fine, we're all wondering but whatever happened seems to be personal for Kylie and thet should really shut up about this kind of conspiracy shit.

drowsy

Oct 27, 2017
A looot of TNA 2005 sounding themes on this AEW show. Did they find an unmarked hard drive filled with random beats and go, good enough, might as well save a buck where we can? I guess they can save another buck by reusing the themes when people rotate in and out, because it's not like anyone is going to remember who used what and when.

What pisses me off even more is that the themes they licensed for use (so any themes that people were/are using outside of AEW) are good for the most part. Not some masterpieces of composing, but at least they have solid energy and sound like there were live humans involved in the recording process. Like, Cody's theme is the worst sort of buttrock, but it works perfectly well as wrestling entrance music.

Whatever, rant over. I'm sure that someone somewhere is working very hard to make those themes (and probably under harsh deadlines and the vaguest of directions), but entrance music should make an impression on the audience, and so far the impression I'm getting is that for half the entrances there should be a "music altered for copyright reasons" disclaimer at the top of the screen.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
That Jericho post-match 'interview' is probably the best wrestling related thing I have seen in a while.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
I see voices of wrestling and Trevor are complaining about the secrecy of the Kylie stuff as if AEW is hiding it to protect themselves. Wondering what was going on is fine, we're all wondering but whatever happened seems to be personal for Kylie and thet should really shut up about this kind of conspiracy shit.
Pair of creeps wanting scoopz on something that's absolutely none of their business.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pair of creeps wanting scoopz on something that's absolutely none of their business.

VoW weren't mad about anything. They were getting on Rovert for being mad at people not reporting the truth when he himself seems to know it and isn't saying anything.

More of a pushback against the "wow can't believe people don't know this" style of tweeting

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
VoW weren't mad about anything. They were getting on Rovert for being mad at people not reporting the truth when he himself seems to know it and isn't saying anything.
Is that it? Maybe I read it wrong for VoW's part. I honestly can't tell now that you said it like that. I originally read it as them saying AEW's controlling the story and someone should say something as if to back up Rovert saying they were protecting themselves. I guess twitter just isn't good for conveying some stuff.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is that it? Maybe I read it wrong for VoW's part. I honestly can't tell now that you said it like that. I originally read it as them saying AEW's controlling the story and someone should say something as if to back up Rovert saying they were protecting themselves. I guess twitter just isn't good for conveying some stuff.

Yeah, they later tweeted this when someone said it might be a private thing.

Basically saying "report what you know or shut up about it and stop speculating or talking around it"

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Debbie Keitel at the NXT UK taping

Also seems like Ripley is not done with NXT UK despite being involved in main NXT as well.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, they later tweeted this when someone said it might be a private thing.

Basically saying "report what you know or shut up about it and stop speculating or talking around it"

Oh okay, That's better. Thank god now Rovert is the only piece of shit in this situation as normal.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Thought All Out was a great show overall, with only the Dark Order/Best Friends match being the real lull in proceedings until Orange Cassidy showed up.

MOTN for me was Cody/Spears, because we all know I'm here for that carny nonsense in my matches, not workrate. AEW's hidden strength though seems to be that it's unifying a bunch of styles you'd have to go to different promotions for, and putting them under one easy to view promotion on TV/PPV.

However, I am super pissed off at what happened with Pharaoh the dog. I've seen that they've addressed it post-show and were angry too, but it shouldn't have been able to happen in the first place. If you're bringing any animal out, don't have pyro, then you can't mess up the timings.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Call naito a jobbers then dedicate a thread to the dude who's never won the big one in any of the companies he's been in

Kek

Status
Not open for further replies.