• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
fJGNaTM.jpg

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
No, Irrelevant is your middle name
Pretty much. There's nothing he can do to ever recover either. The damage is done. He'll always be a WWE geek.
Peligroso?

He has not been dangerous in years.

Anyway, he looks good.
You guys giving up on Rusev just like that? Damn..

Hopefully he can prove the doubters wrong like Moxley did once he gets out of the pen.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Just like that? I sat through three of his big pushes. And they all ended at the same place, Geekville USA.
Do you think he ended up there becuase the booking sucked or Rusev did?

I've enjoyed his matches and the dude has shown he has a good sense of humor. I don't think his failings are all on him, I would put a lot on WWE failing him.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think he ended up there becuase the booking sucked or Rusev did?

I've enjoyed his matches and the dude has shown he has a good sense of humor. I don't think his failings are all on him, I would put a lot on WWE failing him.

Bad booking can damage a career and fan perception.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WWE has no interest in making stars that can then politic for better pay or fuck off elsewhere and help someone else. Their booking is entirely set up to provide a never-ending conveyor belt of geeks that contribute to the overall product's popularity, but never reach the point where they can be considered stars in their own right. The WWE is the star attraction, the wrestlers are just meat to feed the machine.

And I'd say a good half of WWE's roster could go elsewhere and immediately up their profile or reclaim a prior level of popularity. Shawn Spears aside, he's just a geek through and through.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
WWE has no interest in making stars that can then politic for better pay or fuck off elsewhere and help someone else. Their booking is entirely set up to provide a never-ending conveyor belt of geeks that contribute to the overall product's popularity, but never reach the point where they can be considered stars in their own right. The WWE is the star attraction, the wrestlers are just meat to feed the machine.

And I'd say a good half of WWE's roster could go elsewhere and immediately up their profile or reclaim a prior level of popularity. Shawn Spears aside, he's just a geek through and through.

I always liked Tye Dillenger. WWE didn't bury him enough for me to think negatively about him.

Edit: he was always more "just a another guy" than he was a geek, in my opinion.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

Granny must be protected at all costs

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
His contract's up in a bit. At the very latest around the same time Harper's and the Hardys' are (before Mania)

hopefully they all bail. Hardys vs Bucks is an All Out main event worthy match. maybe Revival will be done by then too?

also Gable, who is currently in the middle of the classic Vince jedi mind trick. sucks.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
The man has been booked like a geek for like what 5 years?
This is so weird to me.

Why should I care if he's booked like a geek if I like him? Am I supposed to stop caring about him just because WWE did? I know Rusev has value and he's a good worker, the booking isn't all on him. Just becuase WWE lost interest in him doesn't mean he sucks forever now.

OP
OP
Heromanz

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is so weird to me.

Why should I care? I know Rusev has value and he's a good worker, the booking isn't all on him. Just becuase WWE lost interest in him doesn't mean he sucks forever now.
being a good worker with bad booking in WWE is like being a good football player on a shit team.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
being a good worker with bad booking in WWE is like being a good football player on a shit team.
WWE can still turn this around.

Rusev has done half the work. New look and a new name.

Give him like a foreign dictator gimmick. President Pelegroso of Rusevia.

WWE would have loved that in the 90s.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Well, since Kylie Rae is through, I guess I'll be pinning all my hopes up on Solo Darling with her sliding into that vacant #1 slot.

Kyliiiieee!

5pB9I8o.gif

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Gedo knows what's best for me better than I do.

Have faith in the 6 dimensional chess that is Gedo's booking.
Yeah he usually knows best but after pushing Swirchblade into belts 1 year too early and not putting the belt on Naito vs Okada that last run I see holes in his legacy of stellar planning widening.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
WWE can still turn this around.

Rusev has done half the work. New look and a new name.

Give him like a foreign dictator gimmick. President Pelegroso of Rusevia.

WWE would have loved that in the 90s.

It is really cute that you think WWE can turn around on Rusev. Maybe if he stays 10 years more he might get a pity run. If he leaves WWE I would be interested in him.

This should be better than Mox. Less of an spectacle, but a better match.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have $30 of credit on Fite TV. Is there any upcoming events that are worth buying?
Yeah there should be some good ROH shows on there. Just kidding, don't do that.

Serious answer, GCW has some stuff coming up if you don't mind deathmatch stuff. If you do Bloodsport wont be like that and neither should the farewell show for Janela since the venue doesn't allow some stuff they do.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
ROH in Chicago tonight:

ED5u8v6WwAA-oRw.jpg:large

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
It is really cute that you think WWE can turn around on Rusev. Maybe if he stays 10 years more he might get a pity run. If he leaves WWE I would be interested in him.
I think they could but they've just lost interest unless he gets extremely lucky and someone like Heyman makes him one of their pet projects.

At this point, Rusev can stay and collect a paycheck or leave and do something elsewhere. He's hit the peak of what WWE are gonna do with him.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So what exactly is the limit with Sinclair's support and ROH anyway?

ROH are going to be literally drawing actual zero people to their shows soon. This shit is dire.

Are they going to just say "no, thats fine"?

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So what exactly is the limit with Sinclair's support and ROH anyway?

ROH are going to be literally drawing actual zero people to their shows soon. This shit is dire.

Are they going to just say "no, thats fine"?
Yes they will. They use ROH for cheap content for their stations. We'll probably see ROH scale back what arena's they use at some point and maybe spend a little less on talent but that's it.

Thing is I wouldn't be suprised if the amount of TV viewer for ROH has increased in spite of attendance if only because Sinclair acquired stations in new markets.

Also if they do for some reason give up on ROH they'll probably try to sell it first. No signs of them giving up on it now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.