• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Aw, the WWE fans are mad coming out of school
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Even I recognize that Sinclair might be even worse than WWE as an organization.

Sucks out there for wrestling choices that aren't ~problematic~

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Speaking of NXT UK, PWInsider is reporting that there has been a lot of talk over the last week about bringing Toni Storm over to the main NXT brand.

Io better look out, because the Joshi Slayer will be after her soon.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I too am happy when someone turns someone turns down a good paying part time job from a morally unsound corporation to work minimum wage at McDonald's.

Some the points here appear to conflict. If you are saying she should have taken NXT UK then by all accounts Sinclair/ROH are paying competitively and even bidding WWE in a few cases. Also, ROH comes with less restrictions on European indies so there's that.

If the concern is 'morally unsound corporation' than both WWE are complicit in advancing the agendas of at least one fascist regime but with the KSA deal WWE is advancing the agenda of at least two.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Aw, the WWE fans are mad coming out of school
tenor.gif

tenor.gif
Lol. I am in no way mad she isn't signing with wwe. But being a female performer and choosing to sign with ROH is mind boggling. Signing with Impact is a better career choice, fuck not signing anywhere is a much better career choice than going full-time with ROH, it's not like she's hurting for work. You see the crowds, you see the division she's signed to. And to say you're happy that she's signed there tells me you don't care about her at all and are just happy WWE isn't getting her.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
ALL ABOARD THE KING CHAD TRAIN!

WOO WOO!

Rolling German Suplex gotta be one of the sickest looking moves around, so cool.

Go D-Brys son! He'll be so proud. I know you can do it! :D

ERA IS READY, WILLING, AND GABLE!

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Martina's probably getting paid more than she would in NXT UK and can work more places too, good for her. ROH may be trash, but at least they have a reasonably sized roster - WWE's a joke at this point, sign on to become yet another unneeded body! We don't want you, we just don't want the competition to have you. What an enticing prospect!

More people need to bet on themselves. Do what AJ did, make a star of yourself and THEN get paid what you're actually worth. Or, sit around in catering doing jack shit/endlessly train at some depressing warehouse in Enfield.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Roh had Tenille fall into their lap and did NOTHING with her. They have access to Stardom talent and their division is still as bad as it is.
And I'm gonna need receipts that they pay their women well because they book and present them like they got them for next to nothing

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
to say you're happy that she's signed there tells me you don't care about her at all and are just happy WWE isn't getting her.

It's possible to look at the available information and draw a different conclusion. I'm a Maria Manic and so her signing to ROH was a considerable loss because it's not like she was taking a bunch of European and Japanese bookings. Taking her out of the US indie scene effectively killed her visibility and buzz. Session Moth is a different case because of how much of her work is Europe/Stardom. Since ROH tapes their TV and since not all talent has to report to all tapings this won't kill her visibility. Also that stuff anyone drawing that conclusion about her signing to ROH is a fallacy and a shitty thing to say to boot.

I think I've reached a point where MJF's promos are making me uncomfortable.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
It's possible to look at the available information and draw a different conclusion. I'm a Maria Manic and so her signing to ROH was a considerable loss because it's not like she was taking a bunch of European and Japanese bookings. Taking her out of the US indie scene effectively killed her visibility and buzz. Session Moth is a different case because of how much of her work is Europe/Stardom. Since ROH tapes their TV and since not all talent has to report to all tapings this won't kill her visibility. Also that stuff anyone drawing that conclusion about her signing to ROH is a fallacy and a shitty thing to say to boot.

I think I've reached a point where MJF's promos are making me uncomfortable.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I mean, WWE is shit, but there is literally no mainstream option worse than ROH for a woman wrestler.

I hope Martina Walter'd the fuck out of that deal.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
PWInsider did a bigger (ad-filled) article on the AXS situation

Before Anthem bought AXS, New Japan would send over tapes to AXS (edited live, New Japan-produced). AXS would do minor edits (and additional voiceover work with Kelly) to fit US broadcasts

Nothing's set in stone right now, and they have Royal Quest stuff already provided so it wouldn't happen immediately regardless. But Destruction Tour eps haven't been put together yet and would be the first Anthem AXS contribution, and it's entirely possible it's post-produced by TNA's production team

Announcing teams for New Japan On AXS aren't signed either, so Josh Mathews or other TNA announcers can even voice over new content that's released from now until the end of the contract January 2021

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If Martina is getting paid, then her signing with ROH is whatever assuming she's not locked down from indies.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
PWInsider says Dunne is moving his family to the US, so he's in main NXT pretty much for good now

Also adds that Toni is probably moving to NXT

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
9/11/2019 - the day WrestleEra said it was a good idea for a woman to sign with 2019 ROH.

Apologies to Sweeny for saying he/she didn't care about Martina's career. That was dumb to say.

I'm gonna lie down now.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
9/11/2019 - the day WrestleEra said it was a good idea for a woman to sign with 2019 ROH.

Apologies to Sweeny for saying he/she didn't care about Martina's career. That was dumb to say.

I'm gonna lie down now.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a good idea. But they are apparently paying really well so I can't blame her.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc

my god if Chikara is on the WWE Network, the wrestlers will probably be able to TRIPLE their pay to a cool 12 dollars a match.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Martina signing with RoH is for the best and it does not affect much her main dates in Europe and Stardom as she barely comes to the USA. Basically free money.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the House Of Hardcore thing pans out, would be nice for them to get a good company on there

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Smackdown averaged 2.06 million viewers

down 70k from last week so not nearly as terrible a drop as Raw. lol

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
For the free section of the Network, do we think they will include NXT? Or maybe have it be free until the end of the year to try to get people to sub? Would be a decent strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.