• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
POINT OF BUSINESS NO.1: 30 days have passed so I am finally free of that horrendous avatar!

POINT OF BUSINESS NO.2: Had a busy day yesterday, so took a little longer to catch up with RAW/SD this week.

Holy smokes, Steve Austin couldn't have been more wheeled-out and boring on Monday if he'd tried.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Super J Cup stuff is uploading now on NJPW site. I need to see Ospreay vs Amazing Red. Apparently when Ospreay was 14 he was blown away by Red and that's who he idolized. He got Red on the tour and the dude hadn't wrestled in nearly 6 months due to an infection in his leg (which has had numerous injury issues over the years) that was so bad he nearly lost his leg. It was expected Red would have to slow down or play a match where he would have to try and slow down and ground Ospreay.

Nope.

They wrestled 30 fucking minutes plus and it was apparently from all accounts some of the fastest and craziest shit they could. Dream match for ospreay was finally realized for him. Go check it out the moment its up if you haven't yet. Sounds like it was a big hit.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Riptide's Weekender the same weekend as wXw Tag League in October just announced they're also having a tag tournament, they announced (the Wentz + Xavier version of) the Rascalz and the Besties In The World as the first two teams

In addition, they uploaded their Pride of Brighton 1st round show to YouTube for free!

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Super J Cup stuff is uploading now on NJPW site. I need to see Ospreay vs Amazing Red. Apparently when Ospreay was 14 he was blown away by Red and that's who he idolized. He got Red on the tour and the dude hadn't wrestled in nearly 6 months due to an infection in his leg (which has had numerous injury issues over the years) that was so bad he nearly lost his leg. It was expected Red would have to slow down or play a match where he would have to try and slow down and ground Ospreay.

So does anyone know what the deal is with NJPW and Will's theme music? I swear that he came out to his normal music that night (we were there live) but in the video not so much. Can't hear the crowd at all either when he came out and we were pretty goddamn loud which is why it even popped in to my head to question it.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So does anyone know what the deal is with NJPW and Will's theme music? I swear that he came out to his normal music that night (we were there live) but in the video not so much. Can't hear the crowd at all either when he came out and we were pretty goddamn loud which is why it even popped in to my head to question it.

NJPW's music department for their streaming stuff (which is handled by TV Asahi) doesn't want him using it on NJPW World

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
This WALTER/Starr package is really good

I know others are down on the card, but fuck I'm getting to see a WALTER/Starr match live, and Meiko Satomura vs Jordynne Grace for the first time, that's a plenty strong card for my tastes. Plus Moustache Mountain vs Riddle and Lee, which I'm sure I'll like, plus a rumble, which is always fun, plus whatever Pete is doing, plus another Aussie Open vs Grizzled Young Vets match, the last one of which was very good.

The Jordynne promo is p good too:

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This WALTER/Starr package is really good

I know others are down on the card, but fuck I'm getting to see a WALTER/Starr match live, and Meiko Satomura vs Jordynne Grace for the first time, that's a plenty strong card for my tastes. Plus Moustache Mountain vs Riddle and Lee, which I'm sure I'll like, plus a rumble, which is always fun, plus whatever Pete is doing, plus another Aussie Open vs Grizzled Young Vets match, the last one of which was very good.

The Jordynne promo is p good too:

Do you think Starr wins? Story-wise it seems like the logical move, but they never let Pete take a fall when he had the UK Title.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Another interesting thing I found with the Super J Cup stuff, they ONLY have the cup matches and none of the other matches from the 2nd or 3rd nights. That kind of sucks. I was looking forward to seeing a lot of the other undercard matches as some of those people put on amazing matches on night one. Like Guchi, Rocky, Yoh, Fredericks, Gresham, hell night one was full of great matches.

Damn there are a lot of matches they didn't put up on VOD. San Francisco card. Long Beach card. Unless the full nights are going up later. I doubt it though, seems like only the actual tournament matches...

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Do you think Starr wins? Story-wise it seems like the logical move, but they never let Pete take a fall when he had the UK Title.
He tapped out clean to Travis when he won the PROGRESS title from Pete, it's not unprecedented. If anyone has the leeway, it's PROGRESS. It feels like it should be in wXw, but Starr should take it really. If not him, who?

There's always the potential for the NPS winner to insert themselves in the match and pin Starr of course, as fast as it would be, setting up a mentor/mentee feud with OJMO taking the title from his sponsor, and taking a WALTER win from under Starr too...

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
He tapped out clean to Travis when he won the PROGRESS title from Pete, it's not unprecedented. If anyone has the leeway, it's PROGRESS. It feels like it should be in wXw, but Starr should take it really. If not him, who?

There's always the potential for the NPS winner to insert themselves in the match and pin Starr of course, as fast as it would be, setting up a mentor/mentee feud with OJMO taking the title from his sponsor, and taking a WALTER win from under Starr too...

I did forget the loss to Travis, but that was the fuckery to end all fuckery in that match. Plus I feel like they'd want WALTER to lose even less because the whole point of his NXT push is that no one can beat him.

It does add an additional layer to the match.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

this makes total sense and is probably what they will do, but man that sucks

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif

this makes total sense and is probably what they will do, but man that sucks
It does, but getting the title out from under the UK Championship is probably the best thing for it, and if you don't want/can't have Starr beat WALTER... Plus putting the title on OJMO (or Cara Noir or whoever, but OJMO is the one with the story there) is a pretty strong (and good) statement of intent for PROGRESS going forwards as a changeover of the guard 🤷‍♀️

I'd be fine with that happening honestly, but I know a lot of people need their wrestling to have clean finishes
I did forget the loss to Travis, but that was the fuckery to end all fuckery in that match.
I guess, but it was all on Pete's side

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, in case the reply guys in the comments had any doubts, Chakara also got the same message and:

I saw a poster for the show this is about the other day

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got beef?

Come at me b-

6wiLf1d.gif
Maybe they can form a fuckhead tag team. TJP out here saying it is women's fault that they don't set up a business number.
TJP has the best stalkers, guys
you can tell TJP isn't biased because he gets male and female stalkers
I originally intended to use the gif for TJP, but I suppose it applies to Bodom as well.
tumblr_oo01wvohJX1shsq9jo1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.