• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
So today I'm sitting in my cube figuring out if we accepted a bunch of warranty claims as you do, and obviously not telling anyone about how I'm fan of wrestling because the public doesn't need need to know that, when my boss comes up to the cube next to me where my team lead works and says "I think Kofi's losing the belt."

And that's when I learned that I work with a bunch of wrestling fans

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Street Profits vs. Undisputed for the Tag Titles confirmed for live NXT next week

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Busted Open Podcast, Wade Keller for reviews of WWE /AEW/ NXT stuff, Chris Van Vliet for interviews, Everything Elite for all things AEW related.
Post Wrestling is my go to week to week wrestling podcast. They are unmatched IMO. The put out an absurd amount of content too.

The Lapsed Fan is the greatest comedy + wrestling history podcast in existence
Thanks guys!

Aeon712

May 1, 2018
Candice has beef with Io for beating her clean and then Candice attacking her after her match with Kacy.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any wrestling podcast recs? I've got Austin, Jericho, jr and the other conrad pods.
Let me tell you about a few that I enjoy:

Music of the Mat: a podcast that looks at the music of pro wrestling: https://audioboom.com/channel/musicofthemat

ThROH the Years: a show by show review of ROH's shows from the very beginning. They're almost up to the famous Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk matches, which means we're close to Peak ROH. RIP ROHDrive. https://m.soundcloud.com/prowrestlingonly/sets/throh-the-years

Shimmer HerStory: because Serene is too busy dodging my avatar bets to keep up the Shimmer reviews, here is a show that does a show by show review of Shimmer Women's Athletes' shows: https://m.soundcloud.com/prowrestlingonly/sets/shimmer-herstory

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
tbf she attacked her because Io was attacking Kacy
I mean Io was going to murder a jobber, but no one cares about jobbers. It's not a good look for Candice either way. She got some real "CAN I TALK TO YOUR MANAGER" vibes in that segment with Regal. They are desperately trying to portray her as a big babyface to counter Io, but very few people are actually buying it.

e: Also congrats to Rhea Ripley for being the dumbest babyface in the division.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Io was going to murder a jobber, but no one cares about jobbers. It's not a good look for Candice either way. She got some real "CAN I TALK TO YOUR MANAGER" vibes in that segment with Regal. They are desperately trying to portray her as a big babyface to counter Io, but very few people are actually buying it.

e: Also congrats to Rhea Ripley for being the dumbest babyface in the division.

man you really just don't like anything that's not Io, huh

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
man you really just don't like anything that's not Io, huh
I don't think it's a hot take to say that Candice is coming off very poorly in this feud, and it seems like nothing they do will get the audience to cheer for her over Io. And Rhea just threw away a potential title match opportunity because...of course she did.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Was just thinking about SHIMMER tapings slowly coming up and just checked their twitter, apparently they've started making announcements. good timing i guess

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Let me tell you about a few that I enjoy:

Music of the Mat: a podcast that looks at the music of pro wrestling: https://audioboom.com/channel/musicofthemat

ThROH the Years: a show by show review of ROH's shows from the very beginning. They're almost up to the famous Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk matches, which means we're close to Peak ROH. RIP ROHDrive. https://m.soundcloud.com/prowrestlingonly/sets/throh-the-years

Shimmer HerStory: because Serene is too busy dodging my avatar bets to keep up the Shimmer reviews, here is a show that does a show by show review of Shimmer Women's Athletes' shows: https://m.soundcloud.com/prowrestlingonly/sets/shimmer-herstory
Thanks! Added them all, music of the mat is especially interesting. When I was a kid I had all the albums. Its amazing how much a good theme can give you the basic idea of the type of wrestler they are before you even see them.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's a hot take to say that Candice is coming off very poorly in this feud, and it seems like nothing they do will get the audience to cheer for her over Io.

At least Candice isn't so completely overacting to the point of hilarity. Io makes me appreciate Nikki more, because at least I bought Nikki's character.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
triple h's nxt era officially ends tonight

rip in peace

starting next week on wednesday night, king corbin comes to celebrate his historic win, while kevin owens appears in a defiant act against shane mcmahon!

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
How is Nashtember treating everyone? The biggest and Sexiest month behind Nashtober, Nashvember, and Nashcember.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
Finally got to watch the Ospreay vs Amazing Red match. Seriously marked out like I have not marked out in so long and that is saying alot. I fucking love this.

Edit: Ospreay's post match speech had my eyes leaking, I watch this stuff for these moments.

Last edited:

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017

hey taynara, the whole black belt thing is great but what if you just said "latinas do it better" and acted like you were in a phone sex commercial instead, cool man thanks

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Last night's SmackDown.

I'm not the biggest KO fan but that was rough as hell.

Yeah at that point it's better to ignore their shit..
Every podcasters are like "they killed Owens" but they do that with everyone and actually i think the audience learned to ignore bad stories and character developments and just cheer for the wrestlers they like. Actually there was still Owens chants after he apologized to Shane or did what he asked.. With Owens for years now it's been a game of "yeah you can still try to kill the hype over and over, we'll cheer"

Now about my theory on the whole thing i wonder if he's not been buried alive since Summerslam cause they tried clearly to make him a huge SDl face but it was decided he would go to NXT (not sure yet but i mean it seems obvious at that point) and McMahon was like "well if he's not staying we'll bury him"

But yeah the truth is, as usual, Owens is bullet proof. He'll be back and super over and everyone will have forgotten about that in 2 months.
Like people forgot about becky apologizing to Steph.

Hopefully he's in NXT and start wrestling again. When was the last 4* KO match already ??

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Indi Hartwell had her farewell match with MCW last week, so I'd expect her in NXT or NXT UK sometime soon

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

hey taynara, the whole black belt thing is great but what if you just said "latinas do it better" and acted like you were in a phone sex commercial instead, cool man thanks

This is so goddamn weird to me, she apparently started cutting promos in spanish too now??? I guess she's looking for an audience?

"(White) latinas do it better" would be more fitting anyway

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
How long is she in hell for, now?

Her own words https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/...reveals-details-new-impact-wrestling-contract

The original term was two years, which has remained the same. The only difference is we were able to hammer out a deal where I'm able to focus more on wrestling and performing, less on struggling financially. My main goal was to be able to limit the amount of time I spent on my "shoot job". I work as a legal transcriptionist, and it was becoming very difficult to juggle with my wrestling schedule. I'm now able to just work part-time. I'll never fully quit, as I love what I do, but now I'm able to spend more time training and giving attention to my fiancé, who also works an incredibly busy schedule. Any instance we're home at the same time really needs to be spent with each other at this point.

Mid-2021

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Shout outs to the guy at the BabyMetal concert tonight wearing the TJPW shirt. I almost called out to you, but my crippling social anxiety got the better of me.

DMczaf

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Guzim RBH NinjaScooter

EBJ_x2pX4AAh8bQ

Status
Not open for further replies.