• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
image1+_1_.jpeg

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I just randomly saw Stevie Richards at a Best Buy in Atlanta today

Dude still looks like he's in good shape

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Really? I finding a good fitting Japanese shirt hard

Admittedly, I really just mean that I can reliably buy NJPW shirts from PWT and they have enough Stardom and DDT shirts that they are in the rotation. My big Japanese shirt gap caused by being bigger is I need some shirts that say "I like to watch men kill each other with glass and barb wire in Japan". I specifically need Jun Kasai shirts but aside from the GCW shirt those have been impossible to find.

I was 2 weeks deep into living on a farm in the middle of nowhere when they told me as a 6 foot 2 guy who weighs like 240 pounds I needed to find a long sleeved, white shirt.

Sounds like a nightmare. I was in Las Vegas for a wedding and my dress shirt got torn in my luggage somehow. Had to find a big and tall formal clothing store open on a holiday weekend in Vegas. Easier than what you went through but still a nightmare.

there was zero character build-up for Shida vs. Riho at All Out, and you can't just rely on good wrestling alone to get you through.

Exactly this. It made sense for Riho to be exempt from the battle royale based on wins but not Shida. But because they haven't really done any video/promo packages for the women and are instead relying entirely on in-ring there was nothing to bridge the gap and make Shida being in that match make sense.

There just needs to be a more concerted effort into building up and spotlighting the women, whether it be through interviews or video packages.

I'm hoping that weekly television will shake something loose. As it I totally agree with these concerns.

....Harper's push is going to stop a month after he signs a 3 year contract isn't it?

Why wait a month?

-Kellyanne ✅ confirmed
-Madison Eagles (she's back bayyybeeeee)
-Avary debut, Prazak, coward. The only higher profile Australian he hasn't booked yet
-Millie McKenzie debut (currently no contract ties and probably the biggest name in the UK they haven't booked)

We also have Statlander debuting.

Prazak give me Laura DiMatteo and Desi Derata.

I hope the fiend does something with the man Becky lynch.

I can totally see them doing this. The Fiend does his thing and attacks Becky. Seth cuts clumsy promo about beating The Fiend a week later on Raw to build Heck In A Cell further burying both himself and Becky.

I think if the Fiend wins the title that character is dead. Part of the reason it works is that it isn't over exposed. He's going to have to do 15 minute promo segments if he's the champ. I don't know if the Bray Wyatt Mister Rodgers version works outside of the pre-tapes.

If they make him an inaccessible Undertaker style monster who doesn't operate by the rules of the rest of the roster than it would conceivably work. If he doesn't do regular in-ring promos or bullshit throw away matches and just murders every challenger until Mania it could work.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Admittedly, I really just mean that I can reliably buy NJPW shirts from PWT and they have enough Stardom and DDT shirts that they are in the rotation. My big Japanese shirt gap caused by being bigger is I need some shirts that say "I like to watch men kill each other with glass and barb wire in Japan". I specifically need Jun Kasai shirts but aside from the GCW shirt those have been impossible to find.
Big Japan has a PWT store but it's not getting updated a lot or at all.
There are a couple of designs that should be able to relate that message though.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
The Fiend being booked for the title match now isn't a good path either way. Either he loses and you've already broken the mystique of the character, or if he wins, they're going to break the mystique by featuring him on TV every week and they're going to overexpose it. This is one of the rare interesting things they hit on recently, but they needed to handle it with care. He needs to be protected from a wins/loss standpoint, needs to be protected from an exposure standpoint. We've barely gotten any character explanation, and only one actual match, and they've already got him on a track where he has to win the title. That needed a lot more build-up IMO.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see why the Fiend has to show up every week when Brock fucked off with the belt for months at a time.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Alex on the Fightful podcast losing his shit about Braun Strowman and how WWE has missed the boat with him by not pulling the trigger when they've had multiple opportunities to "make" him and turn him into a real player.

I think I agree with whomever said on here that he's already Big Show/Kane tier.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Does that mean "weird dork who will never be more than a special attraction because of limited in-ring skill and wooden promo delivery"? Big guys who aren't Khali tier awful really get to coast through an entire career there.

To be fair, he's actually got charisma and can move well enough in the ring for a big dude.

WWE booking is just mostly trash.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
The Street Profits faces in those shots are probably exactly how they feel about that being asked to be in that.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Thing is, if AEW promoted a gender reveal party for one of their women wrestlers, I'd actually be interested because I know their presentation of it would be interesting.

I feel that literally 50% of WWE's problem is that they are TOO FUCKING SHINY. Too corporate. Too sterile. Too clean. It doesn't matter how hard they try to make things interesting, even the most interesting things on paper come off bland because the look and feel of the shows is so damn samey and lacks any edge.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Miz really is the king of soft style.
Zayn continues to be the best at making gold out of crap.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I think the last time I remember enjoying The Big Show was in WCW.

He'll always be The Giant to me.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Do I watch Raw tonight or my team's continued downward spiral into failure on Monday Night Football? Decisions...

0-7 start, here we come babyyyyyyyyy J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

:( :( :(

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
I have been Wrasslin free since March. I was planning on breaking my streak for the AEW debut in a few weeks, but I might break it early for NXT. I am interested to see how the transition is handled.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I have been Wrasslin free since March. I was planning on breaking my streak for the AEW debut in a few weeks, but I might break it early for NXT. I am interested to see how the transition is handled.

Yeah, I've never watched NXT regularly but I'll be tuning in to see how they debut.

And there's an idea floating around that Kevin Owens might be coming back to NXT after being "fired" by Shane.

Status
Not open for further replies.